Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Do we have a history? :heh:
I don't even remember details of a prior exchange with you, this but appearantly there was one that hit you hard.

You insult like a white girl too

:comeon:

i just asked YOU that question.

youve been following me around this site for years, and i cant recall ever having a conversation with you. you probably followed me around :hamster: too.

i insulted you in that manner cuz i know youre probably used to hearing that chit aimed at you.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This is a thread where someone places their opinion as a FACT. That's what's ridiculous about it.

Sales, fans, influence, discography, awards, and accomplishments eclipse everything @Wacky D is saying.

Low key, Outkast was the group that really put the South on the map.

OH THE IRONY of the bolded comments.

reading this dumb chit back-to-back is :russ:

Daps
:comeon:

i just asked YOU that question.

youve been following me around this site for years, and i cant recall ever having a conversation with you. you probably followed me around :hamster: too.

i insulted you in that manner cuz i know youre probably used to hearing that chit aimed at you.
You must be confused about what a question is, because you didn't ask me anything.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You must be confused about what a question is, because you didn't ask me anything.

well im asking you now.:sas1:

I never heard anybody refer to 3k as an elite MC before Em did it. Now we're in the era of southern revisionism and they're trying to write him in as a legit GOAT contender :comeon:

its not even the south doing that.

its these internet & rap-journalist types.

when i lived down south, the only time i got to talk about outkast was when i turned my computer on.:pachaha:

Thats because the duo was not regulated to a "southern sound" They were universal.

their sound was more southern than no limit & cash money.

why werent the dungeon family as popular, influential or groundbreaking as those camps?

:popcorn:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
at least this time around, there were a couple guys that tried to add content and put up a good fight.

they failed, but at least they tried man. i tip my hat off to them and their effort.:obama:

still alot of weirdos just coming in here to hurl insults tho. just furthering my point.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
:comeon: these dudes are like the tim teebow of hip-hop(really, it should be the other way around. but yall get the point). so i guess that makes me stephen a.:comeon:

im trying not to lose my cool when arguing with idiots. plus im not down with boosting thread numbers for dudes that i dont know. its time to do a part 2 to one of the goat threads in internet history.

and im gonna keep it civil by focusing in on the task at hand. FOR THE RECORD, i was listening to outkast before most of their hipster internet fans that argue me down were even listening to rap. i didnt have a problem with them until the past 8 years when the media started revising history in their favor, and suddenly all these little internet dudes started claiming outkast as goat group contenders out of nowhere.

heres the thing. you cant just say that somebody is in the running for goat, simply because theyre your favorites. they have to possess the credentials of such a group. and they dont. they lack in just about every category. and we're gonna break it down in here.

and im gonna start with this. this is one of my favorites:

1.) when they were actually good and in their prime, they werent even a top tier group. how could you possibly be a top 5 all-time group when you werent even top 5 when you were hot? and do remember, they were always one of the better promoted groups, had one of the goat machines behind them, and were promoted better than half the groups that were ahead of them.

stay tuned. more on the way.

They were not a top teir group??? Bruh TEACHERS USED TO LEAVE SCHOOL come back AND PLAY IT WHILE WE DID CLASS WORK... MORE THAN ONE... lmao...

I really can't believe its 21 pages even debating this

Daps
It does seem that outkast really didnt have an influence even in atlanta..

When you hear southern cats talk about their influences, you barely hear outkast name pop up...

its always Cash Money,UGK,8ball&MJG and the people in that vein..

To me thats telling...Because most of these people sold way less than outkast..

Its not really about record sales when the actual influence isnt matching it....
:merchant:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Well its easier to aim to be like Bobby Brown than Michael Jackson...

Andre 3K has inspired every elite mc post kast in the game. Obviously most rappers ain't up for that challenge so they take inspiration and model themselves after something more achievable... Like cash money, etc and people in that vein :mjpls:

So if nikkas mention Jay-z before Kool Keith would you say Jay-z is more achievable than kool keith or maybe nikkas actually could relate to Jay-z??

Im gonna use kool keith because thats who Andre 3000 basically got his style from:sas2:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So if nikkas mention Jay-z before Kool Keith would you say Jay-z is more achievable than kool keith or maybe nikkas actually could relate to Jay-z??

Im gonna use kool keith because thats who Andre 3000 basically got his style from:sas2:
Look Keith did not father And style lol. Like there is absolutely no relation