Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
this is the chit that rappers say in order to compensate for their lack of popularity.

some of you dudes swallowed that chit up i see. gullable.

in reality, if the chit is really hittin on that level, niccas will f*k with it.

thats nice to know.

again, what makes you think i wouldve ever heard of this documentary if you didnt mention it just now? whats your purpose? what bearing does it have on the thread?

some of you dudes are so deep in your feelings, that yall cant even think str8.:mjlol:
Lack of popularity?

But they sold million. What popularity were they lacking? Who's in they feelings besides you?

:mindblown:

In reality they had fans everywhere but you can keep pretending that a multi million dollar rap act wasn't popular with the "streets" just because they didn't particularly target that one audience. You love the box and dwelling in it. Not every black person likes to limit their scope as such.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
It does seem that outkast really didnt have an influence even in atlanta..

When you hear southern cats talk about their influences, you barely hear outkast name pop up...

its always Cash Money,UGK,8ball&MJG and the people in that vein..

To me thats telling...Because most of these people sold way less than outkast..

Its not really about record sales when the actual influence isnt matching it....

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

When you hear southern cats talk about their influences, you barely hear outkast name pop up...

Its not really about record sales when the actual influence isnt matching it....
Well its easier to aim to be like Bobby Brown than Michael Jackson...

Andre 3K has inspired every elite mc post kast in the game. Obviously most rappers ain't up for that challenge so they take inspiration and model themselves after something more achievable... Like cash money, etc and people in that vein :mjpls:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
yall just be making stuff up on the fly.

most people only really cared about the hook on elevators. theres no all-time memorable verses there breh.

what style & sound did outkast change in the south? you cant even hear any outkast influence in their own hometown atlanta artists that dominate the airwaves.:heh:

what sound did they pave the way for? arrested development laid the groundwork for the crossover lane that outkast tapped into. and theyre considered wack on here.

outkast really just influenced the industry plants and lil internet blog rappers. i understand thats what alot of yall outkast fans listen to on here, so i can see the root of confusion.
So you don't know that verse and you preaching hip-hop?
FOH

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps

Thats because the duo was not regulated to a "southern sound" They were universal.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never heard anybody refer to 3k as an elite MC before Em did it. Now we're in the era of southern revisionism and they're trying to write him in as a legit GOAT contender :comeon:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Too many negs to give out in this thread, If I was a neg giving man.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This is what Wacky was talking about. You can't have an honest discussion with a lot of Outkast fans because you won't even acknowledge their place in the game in real time.

:salute:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The fact is they are legends.

Opinions don't change that. Them having or not having the streets doesn't change that. Sent.of.u nikkaz would have rather they made southernplayalistic over and over to please "street nikkaz". But then venturing out made them legends

I acknowledge their place as legends #facts

who said outkast arent legends? what are you talking about?

hip-hop IS the streets.
nothing you try to say can change that.

and like i said, its not about making the same album. that pseudo bama-pimp chit is corny to me anyway breh. but good music is good music.

truth be told, ATliens was more up my alley content-wise than SPCM, but SPCM was the better record. THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Lack of popularity?

But they sold million. What popularity were they lacking? Who's in they feelings besides you?

:mindblown:

In reality they had fans everywhere but you can keep pretending that a multi million dollar rap act wasn't popular with the "streets" just because they didn't particularly target that one audience. You love the box and dwelling in it. Not every black person likes to limit their scope as such.

lol @ the bolded.
learn how to read threads buddy. i was clearly talking to someone else when i said that. CLEARLY.

im talking about popularity with the core rap audience. of course they sold well. they were a crossover group, signed to & pushed by the biggest label in r&b music.

the rest of this is you rambling about some chit that i didnt even say.:heh:

and im not saying that they werent popular in the streets. but alot of people were popular. outkast was liked. yes. but they werent loved. theres levels to this chit b.

and it has jack chit to do with putting artists in a box. thats a dam copout.

Daps
meanwhile, following other men around from thread-to-thread FOR YEARS is something that fakkits do to feel better.:dame:

this thread is probably the reason why you stalk me.

now go run along and slice your wrists. freak.
Do we have a history? :heh:
I don't even remember details of a prior exchange with you, this but appearantly there was one that hit you hard. You have a billion posts, so yeah chances are I've come across your nonsense across the board several times and addressed it

You insult like a white girl too

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
So you don't know that verse and you preaching hip-hop?
FOH

its not about me.

thats the problem. you dudes are too stuck on yourselves.

its a memorable verse for you, so you declare it as an all-time memorable rap verse. it doesnt work like that.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
The fact is they are legends.

Opinions don't change that. Them having or not having the streets doesn't change that. Sent.of.u nikkaz would have rather they made southernplayalistic over and over to please "street nikkaz". But then venturing out made them legends

I acknowledge their place as legends #facts
This is a thread where someone places their opinion as a FACT. That's what's ridiculous about it.

Sales, fans, influence, discography, awards, and accomplishments eclipse everything @Wacky D is saying.

Low key, Outkast was the group that really put the South on the map.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Well its easier to aim to be like Bobby Brown than Michael Jackson...

Andre 3K has inspired every elite mc post kast in the game. Obviously most rappers ain't up for that challenge so they take inspiration and model themselves after something more achievable... Like cash money, etc and people in that vein :mjpls:
Big Boi and 3000 are some of the best MCs out of the South. PERIOD.