Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Mobb is tier 2 breh...I hate to say it :sadbron:

They dont have the influence, sales, or staying power in people's minds to get them up there...

But when it comes to MY favorite groups they are easily tier 1 without question. I dont listen to any of those groups i listed as tier one except some Tribe here and there.

tier 2 in terms of what?

all-time, i can agree. but for their era, mobb deep was tier 1.

they had more influence & staying power than outkast too.

a mobb deep thread can strike up a huge argument. an outkast thread will just be a jerk-fest for their fans. you see the difference?

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
tier 2 in terms of what?

a mobb deep thread can strike up a huge argument. an outkast thread will just be a jerk-fest for their fans. you see the difference?
oh

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Outkast changed the style and the sound of what Southern Hiphop was supposed to sound like

They paved the way for a lot of the unorthodox sound you hear in hiphop today.

Aquemni and Stankonia are classic albums.

Dre's secondary verse in Elevators till this day is one of the memorable versus in hiphop history.

They are probably the only group from the 90's who could come out with an album in 2016 and sell multi platinum without even trying.

Their influence and legacy in Hiphop is engraved and Legendary. Your attempts at trolling failed horribly.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Mobb is tier 2 breh...I hate to say it :sadbron:

They dont have the influence, sales, or staying power in people's minds to get them up there...

But when it comes to MY favorite groups they are easily tier 1 without question. I dont listen to any of those groups i listed as tier one except some Tribe here and there.
they ain't even tier 2. them nikkas is a regional act.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tier 2 in terms of what?

Based on what. Kast was bigger than Mobb Deep in the 90's. The Source, an NY based magazine gave OutKast 5 mics, which they didn't award to any Mobb Deep album. They nominated Andre 3000 lyricist of the year in '99. "Playa's Ball", "ATLiens", "Elevators", "Rosa Parks" and "Skew It On The Bar-B" (as well as the respective albums they came from) were big deals. And this isn't bias because I like Mobb Deep.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
i dont hate anybody. im not bitter. and really my distaste for kast stems from the fact that i hate revisionist history, and then theres all these new forum noob posters sippin the kool-aid, that came in over the course of the last 5 years. before that, i never really paid attention to them enough to either like or hate them. they were just a group that had some hot stufffor the most part, that was the general feeling for them in the main scope of things. they never stopped time or anything like that. they werent that type of group. THATS THE POINT.

This clown says he didn't pay attention to Kast.. hes trying to revise history and pretend like they weren't on the radar and had no hiphop influence.. he's not a real hiphop head like he claims and isn't qualified to speak on Kast brehs :ld:

Last edited:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
no i said people in general didnt care enough to love or hate them. stop quoting me. you never get it r ight.

but yea, if you want to ask me the question, i would say that i didnt care enough to love or hate them either. they were just a group that you either liked or you disliked. they werent a hot topic. they werent a group that you would argue about. nothing of that nature.

and yes the point stands. that doesnt mean that they completely disregarded their existence. people dont care enough to love or hate a team like say the nuggets. does that mean that people dont watch their games when theyre on TV? come on man. get with it.

then you go on to list a bunch of industry props. yea, they won best new artist but proceeded to get booed out of the building just for breathing. yea, they got 5 mics in the source but for an album that wasnt even popular. they went 2x plat with laface/arista's backing. 2x plat yet didnt help the south progress at all.

I love Outkast, but this post is 100% correct. It's like the bigger Outkast got, the more niche they became within the genre. It's the reason why they had those tongue-and-cheek Pimp Gangsta Clique interludes on Aquemini, clowning on the fact that despite their success they still weren't really that popular in the streets.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Outkast, but this post is 100% correct. It's like the bigger Outkast got, the more niche they became within the genre. It's the reason why they had those tongue-and-cheek Pimp Gangsta Clique interludes on Aquemini, clowning on the fact that despite their success they still weren't really that popular in the streets.

Pimp Trick Gangsta Clique had nothing to do with what you're talking about. That interlude tacked onto the end of "Return of The G" served to point out that they couldn't be boxed in and that they weren't going to become some cliche hence why its tacked onto the end of "Return of the G".

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Pimp Trick Gangsta Clique had nothing to do with what you're talking about. That interlude tacked onto the end of "Return of The G" served to point out that they couldn't be boxed in and that they weren't going to become some cliche hence why its tacked onto the end of "Return of the G".

No, they were being defensive because the streets were saying they were weird since ATLiens, even compared to groups like Goodie Mob.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
putting them in a goat convo is the equivalent of putting somebody like say ricky waters in the same conversation as jim brown, barry sanders, walter payton.

ricky waters was one of my favs btw. but he was never in consideration for best running back in his era like barry, emmitt or thurman. so its not possible to put him in a goat convo.

outkast = ricky waters
Smh shut up breh.

Clearly their accomplishments and respect in the game says different. :umad:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No, they were being defensive because the streets were saying they were weird since ATLiens, even compared to groups like Goodie Mob.
Nikkaz made epic music and didn't box themselves in. They had fans everywhere including the streets but there is a section of fans that love to keep nikkaz in a box and if you don't fit that they can't fukk with you. That poisoned mentality is what they are getting at and in reality the streets don't give you anything besides bragging rights :manny:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Listen to the dude who was offered the cd on the skit. He had no problems with the first album and said at first they were "pimps". He then said they were some "genies". Now, Southernplayalistic wasn't them being pimps and the Big Rube skit on that album pretty much denounces that notion. The dude in the skit had put them in a box, and since he no longer couldn't put them in a box, he stopped messing with their music. Notice when it came to the subject matter, he couldn't even articulate what it was about.

That skit was about OutKast being misunderstood by an audience because the message went over their head because that audience was still stuck on the cliche. That's why the next song is "Rosa Parks". It says that Kast had moved past that type of music and moving forward leaving everyone couldn't follow behind.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Their lane---Southern rap groups from the mid 90's? Who was a bigger?...UGK, 8Ball & MJG,Three Six,Ghetto Mafia,Geto Boyz??? :childplease:

And let's get this straight, most of their success isn't a product of hip hop?

Southernplaya...--platinum
ATLiens--2x platinum
Aquemini--2x platinum
Stankonia--4x platinum
Speakerboxx/Love Below-Diamond..even if you only count Big Boi's side that's 5 million records...or 2.5 however the RIAA counts it.

:childplease:

They didn't last longer than Bone & Wu??

Bone debut EP came in 94, reached their peak in 95..a bunch of cac,asian diehard fans bought Art Of War and they faded away, only to come back with Swizz beats damaging their legacy making trash records with Phil Collins.

Wu debut in 92, reached god status in 95 all the way through 97, by the turn of the decade they were washed, barely went platinum with The W and flopped with Irong Flag.

Kast debut went platinum they ended their 10 year run with a diamond album.

:rudy:

Song was dope, listen to the lyrics broskie. Wish might have fukked it up but that song is dope and it's real.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Nikkaz made epic music and didn't box themselves in. They had fans everywhere including the streets but there is a section of fans that love to keep nikkaz in a box and if you don't fit that they can't fukk with you. That poisoned mentality is what they are getting at and in reality the streets don't give you anything besides bragging rights :manny:

:snoop: Breh, when did I ever say they didn't make epic music? This is what Wacky was talking about. You can't have an honest discussion with a lot of Outkast fans because you won't even acknowledge their place in the game in real time.