Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
no i said people in general didnt care enough to love or hate them. stop quoting me. you never get it right.

but yea, if you want to ask me the question, i would say that i didnt care enough to love or hate them either. they were just a group that you either liked or you disliked. they werent a hot topic. they werent a group that you would argue about. nothing of that nature.

and yes the point stands. that doesnt mean that they completely disregarded their existence. people dont care enough to love or hate a team like say the nuggets. does that mean that people dont watch their games when theyre on TV? come on man. get with it.

then you go on to list a bunch of industry props. yea, they won best new artist but proceeded to get booed out of the building just for breathing. yea, they got 5 mics in the source but for an album that wasnt even popular. they went 2x plat with laface/arista's backing. 2x plat yet didnt help the south progress at all.

Nah nikka :ufdup: YOU said YOU didn't pay attention to Outkast.. you didn't say people didn't pay attention.. Which is still wrong.. You dont speak for the people breh but the numbers do. How can Aquemini not have been popular if it went 2x platinum in America? Only reason Kast got booed at the Source was because it was in NY and they didn't really know who Kast was yet but that changed after Atliens

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nah nikka :ufdup: YOU said YOU didn't pay attention to Outkast.. you didn't say people didn't pay attention.. Which is still wrong.. You dont speak for the people breh but the numbers do. How can Aquemini not have been popular if it went 2x platinum in America? Only reason Kast got booed at the Source was because it was in NY and they didn't really know who Kast was yet but that changed after Atliens

i didnt say "me". but thats neither here nor there since i just added myself into it in the previous post. another worthless argument that youre trying to push.

i can speak on it because im speaking on the obvious. lol @ numbers. typical sideline nicca argument.

aquemini went 2x plat(i thought it went 3) off the white folks.

lol @ new york not knowing who outkast was in '95. this is just ridiculous. obviously you werent around back then.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
andre trying to retire(even tho he wasnt doing chit) and these dudes are actually in here mourning.

i just saw one bul compare him to barry sanders.

this place is bizzaro world.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I remember arguing with you about this when I first joined. Just stop breh:beli:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
you got a 19 page, 3 year old thread hating on these dudes. obviously no point in arguing with you :manny:

im not hating on anybody. im just simply stating the obvious. I CAN DO THAT.

why i gotta be hatin just cuz im calling out blatant revisionist history? then yall wonder how white folks took this chit over so easily.

i dont f*ck wit that pap chit.:pacspit:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
putting them in a goat convo is the equivalent of putting somebody like say ricky waters in the same conversation as jim brown, barry sanders, walter payton.

ricky waters was one of my favs btw. but he was never in consideration for best running back in his era like barry, emmitt or thurman. so its not possible to put him in a goat convo.

outkast = ricky waters

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
putting them in a goat convo is the equivalent of putting somebody like say ricky waters in the same conversation as jim brown, barry sanders, walter payton.

ricky waters was one of my favs btw. but he was never in consideration for best running back in his era like barry, emmitt or thurman. so its not possible to put him in a goat convo.

outkast = ricky waters
OutKast is Ricky Waters if Ricky waters was a 4time MVP and a 3x super bowl winner breh

you are delusional and :umad:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
OutKast is Ricky Waters if Ricky waters was a 4time MVP and a 3x super bowl winner breh

you are delusional and :umad:

what mvps and super bowls did outkast win?:mjlol:

at their best, they were a team that were a tough out in the divisional round after winning a couple wildcards, cuz they were never good enough to get a bye. and im being generous with that analogy.

ricky waters on the other hand, actually has a super bowl ring, so im being sorta generous with the ricky waters analogy too.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga

at their best, they were a team that were a tough out in the divisional round after winning a couple wildcards, cuz they were never good enough to get a bye. and im being generous with that analogy.

ricky waters on the other hand, actually has a super bowl ring, so im being generous with the ricky waters analogy too.
their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, and 5th albums :manny:

Southernplayalistic is like a divisional playoff run that went down in history
ATLiens is in the very least conference championship
Aquemini is a super bowl appearance in the very least and mvp
Stankonia is a sb victory/mvp
Speakerboxx/Love below is a super bowl blowout victory/mvp

you can say you dont like them all you want but you cant deny their creativity, influence, career run, sales, talent...nothing can be denied about Outkast. you just dont like them.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas

ricky waters on the other hand, actually has a super bowl ring, so im being sorta generous with the ricky waters analogy too.

Breh....this thread been dead for over a year....you not going change your opinion so what as the point of bumping it?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, and 5th albums :manny:

Southernplayalistic is like a divisional playoff run that went down in history
ATLiens is in the very least conference championship
Aquemini is a super bowl appearance in the very least and mvp
Stankonia is a sb victory/mvp
Speakerboxx/Love below is a super bowl blowout victory/mvp

you can say you dont like them all you want but you cant deny their creativity, influence, career run, sales, talent...nothing can be denied about Outkast. you just dont like them.

FUN.

- i agree with SPCM. good analogy.
- ATLiens is a wildcard loss. too much going on that year. you gotta look at the big picture. not just the groups you like.
- aquemini? maybe but thats only because '98 was by far the weakest year for groups - when groups were still around. its not even as good as their previous 2 albums.
- stankonia was weak. they only made the playoffs cuz of the singles & a few other cuts. wildcard loss.
- SB/TLB wasnt even relevant to hip-hop. be honest.

Last edited: