Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm a big Outkast fan (they are probably my favorite Southern group of all time) - but you can't paint the double album as some hip hop achievement. The way to spin it is to claim that Kast made an experimental R&B pop album that connected with the mainstream like no other hip hop group has ever been able to do. As a hip hop album, it was weak, as a pop album, based off sales and the Grammy you can claim it was a smashing success. If I was gonna jump in this discussion, I'd argue that Outkast had three excellent albums in a row and then transitioned into pop/R&B and dominated their. I'd also argue their prowess on the mic. I'd argue that they were ONE of the first to really put on for the A. Id acknowledge that Stankonia was uneven. Ad I would acknowledge that Mobb Deep was better. Because I wouldn't want to sound like I had no credibility as a hip hop fan.

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
the modern hipster is more likely to big up outkast than epmd or somebody though and i like both.

As far as the topic, i like outkast but yea they did start getting put on a pedestal around aquemini and i personally enjoyed their prior material more than what followed. I did like the first three albums a lot and do rank outkast even if not as high as some others do. Overall I understand the op's point though i do enjoy a good amount of their material.
the modern hipster is more likely to big up outkast than epmd or somebody though and i like both.

As far as the topic, i like outkast but yea they did start getting put on a pedestal around aquemini and i personally enjoyed their prior material more than what followed. I did like the first three albums a lot and do rank outkast even if not as high as some others do. Overall I understand the op's point though i do enjoy a good amount of their material.
What point? They're "GOATNESS" or they're impact. I can understand if you don't rank then high but there is no denying the impact they have.

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
I'm a big Outkast fan (they are probably my favorite Southern group of all time) - but you can't paint the double album as some hip hop achievement. The way to spin it is to claim that Kast made an experimental R&B pop album that connected with the mainstream like no other hip hop group has ever been able to do. As a hip hop album, it was weak, as a pop album, based off sales and the Grammy you can claim it was a smashing success. If I was gonna jump in this discussion, I'd argue that Outkast had three excellent albums in a row and then transitioned into pop/R&B and dominated their. I'd also argue their prowess on the mic. I'd argue that they were ONE of the first to really put on for the A. Id acknowledge that Stankonia was uneven. Ad I would acknowledge that Mobb Deep was better. Because I wouldn't want to sound like I had no credibility as a hip hop fan.

This is why I wouldn't see you as credible. You can't form your own opinion on music. You let other people influence the way you judge music, rather than just to take it as it is and judge what you hear from the artist

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This is why I wouldn't see you as credible. You can't form your own opinion on music. You let other people influence the way you judge music, rather than just to take it as it is and judge what you hear from the artist
You completely missed the point there. But even in missing the point, there is no logical connection between what I wrote and the conclusion you reached. And you completely sidestepped the topic at hand.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:comeon: these dudes are like the tim teebow of hip-hop(really, it should be the other way around. but yall get the point). so i guess that makes me stephen a.:comeon:

im trying not to lose my cool when arguing with idiots. plus im not down with boosting thread numbers for dudes that i dont know. its time to do a part 2 to one of the goat threads in internet history.

and im gonna keep it civil by focusing in on the task at hand. FOR THE RECORD, i was listening to outkast before most of their hipster internet fans that argue me down were even listening to rap. i didnt have a problem with them until the past 8 years when the media started revising history in their favor, and suddenly all these little internet dudes started claiming outkast as goat group contenders out of nowhere.

heres the thing. you cant just say that somebody is in the running for goat, simply because theyre your favorites. they have to possess the credentials of such a group. and they dont. they lack in just about every category. and we're gonna break it down in here.

and im gonna start with this. this is one of my favorites:

1.) when they were actually good and in their prime, they werent even a top tier group. how could you possibly be a top 5 all-time group when you werent even top 5 when you were hot? and do remember, they were always one of the better promoted groups, had one of the goat machines behind them, and were promoted better than half the groups that were ahead of them.

stay tuned. more on the way.
I dont see how you cant say they're one of the greatest rap duos of all time. Give credit where its due friend. If outkast is not a contender, then thats a real small list.

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
You completely missed the point there. But even in missing the point, there is no logical connection between what I wrote and the conclusion you reached. And you completely sidestepped the topic at hand.
:wtf:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:what:

do you even know what youre typing at this point?
This coming from a fakkit who changed the title of his thread... as a pathetic attempt to hide his bias and subjective opinionated basis....

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Fingers trembling trying to come up with a counter argument nikka:bryan:

It's well known sales on such albums like E99, LAD, AEOM never get fair numbers cause nikkas wasnt feinding to waste money for a accurate numbers, and certified plaques, everybody was moving numbers them days

How was Kast sales post the speakerboxxx/The Love below, after 3000 shukking and jiving became old to the masses or should I say Massa's, and how did this double album ruin their original fanbase , since Hey Ya and Like the way you move is where you're hanging your weak ass argument on
WTF are you talking about??? :why:

Since you want to post links from Wikipedia... I'll do the same

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_United_States#10.E2.80.9314.C3.97_Platinum

Don't see Bone Thugs on that list and your excuse is they didn't get fair numbers... :bryan:

Scroll down it's says 11x Platinum

And yes I know it's because it's a double album but still

I was talking worldwide sells anyways and you're talking domestic numbers...

over 20 million copies sold WORLDWIDE

it went x2 Plat in the UK nikka :childplease:

:scusthov:

http://www.xxlmag.com/10-years-of-outkast-and-speakerboxxxthe-love-below/

fukk what you trying to say nikka :russ:

I'm not even a stan of Outkast, didn't even state my opinion on the album. I just posted the facts... they hold the title for greatest selling Hip-Hop album of all time... plain and simple. Rather you think The Love Below is Hip Hop or not is completely your opinion.. and I really give zero fukks

How was Kast sales post the speakerboxxx/The Love below,
Zero fukks to give.... shyt is irrelevant to the topic I'm discussing.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

nikka get the fukk out of here with your two aliases

Wacky D aka Wack-A-dikk... join date November 10, 2012

Skip B join date.... November 5, 2012

:dahell:

Not only are your names remarkably similar, but you two are the only ones dapping each other's posts.... :childplease:

:camby:

looking at both History... they seem to follow each other around ...

Ratio between post count and daps are remarkably similar..... :ohhh:

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
WTF are you talking about??? :why:

Since you want to post links from Wikipedia... I'll do the same

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_United_States#10.E2.80.9314.C3.97_Platinum

Don't see Bone Thugs on that list and your excuse is they didn't get fair numbers... :bryan:

Scroll down it's says 11x Platinum

And yes I know it's because it's a double album but still

I was talking worldwide sells anyways and you're talking domestic numbers...

over 20 million copies sold WORLDWIDE

it went x2 Plat in the UK nikka :childplease:

:scusthov:

http://www.xxlmag.com/10-years-of-outkast-and-speakerboxxxthe-love-below/

fukk what you trying to say nikka :russ:

I'm not even a stan of Outkast, didn't even state my opinion on the album. I just posted the facts... they hold the title for greatest selling Hip-Hop album of all time... plain and simple. Rather you think The Love Below is Hip Hop or not is completely your opinion.. and I really give zero fukks

Zero fukks to give.... shyt is irrelevant to the topic I'm discussing.
Thank you. There is no denying their impact in hip-hop whether these nikkas like their music or not

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This coming from a fakkit who changed the title of his thread... as a pathetic attempt to hide his bias and subjective opinionated basis....

what thread title did i change?

the f*ck kinda drugs do some of you weirdos be on when you post?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:patrice:

nikka get the fukk out of here with your two aliases

Wacky D aka Wack-A-dikk... join date November 10, 2012

Skip B join date.... November 5, 2012

:dahell:

Not only are your names remarkably similar, but you two are the only ones dapping each other's posts.... :childplease:

:camby:

looking at both History... they seem to follow each other around ...

Ratio between post count and daps are remarkably similar..... :ohhh:

this thread is getting too ridiculous.

the worst part is where you claim that wacky d & skip b are similar names.:facepalm: you kast stans really do live in idlewild. an alternative universe.

Last edited: