Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
no it doesn't.

you clearly have no understanding about hip-hop.

which I knew from jump looking at your avi, but I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

"hey ya" was probably the first so-called rap video that you saw.:laugh:
Honestly I'm not even that huge of a fan of them. I'm objective enough to understand what they did. I live in Detroit, first rap I heard was Eminem. Then it broadened to Kanye and T.I. and Nas. I have more of a knowledge of hip-hop than you would think judging from my avi.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
no the hell its not.:laff:

a 10 dollar double cd.

and it didn't even sell off the strength of hip-hop.

HEY YA!!!:laff:
Doesn't matter nikka

It went Diamon and it won a Grammy nikka. It is and still remains the greatest selling Hip Hop LP of all time.

Hey Ya and I Like The Way You Move were international hits... They destroyed The Billboards

You don't fukk with their music?... fine, but nikka you ain't got shyt on their success.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Doesn't matter nikka

It went Diamon and it won a Grammy nikka. It is and still remains the greatest selling Hip Hop LP of all time.

Hey Ya and I Like The Way You Move were international hits... They destroyed The Billboards

You don't fukk with their music?... fine, but nikka you ain't got shyt on their success.
Post quotables from Hey Ya and I Like the way you move............:birdman:

:smugfavre:

Nikkas really reaching to that double album facade fake diamond shyt:pachaha:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
ignore him it was mostly 13-20 dollar cd everywhere considering it was a double, only in the last couple years can you find it for 10 bucks or so

i know this because i wanted it for several years but was :scusthov: at that price tag

wrong.

and even if you were correct, 13-20 dollars is still mad cheap for a double cd.

further proof that most outkast legacy boosters are noobs that don't know no better.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Honestly I'm not even that huge of a fan of them. I'm objective enough to understand what they did. I live in Detroit, first rap I heard was Eminem. Then it broadened to Kanye and T.I. and Nas. I have more of a knowledge of hip-hop than you would think judging from my avi.

You're still arguing with a nikka who says Kriss Kross is a bigger name than Outkast :skip:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Kriss Kross was bigger than Outkast?
WTF!!!>>>>????

at this point you're going out of your way to hate on one of the greatest groups of all time and that's sad! This thread is terrible!!!

yet another poster that lacks reading comprehension.

outkast must be the leaders of the illiterate.
You're still arguing with a nikka who says Kriss Kross is a bigger name than Outkast :skip:

and we already know your comprehension level is low.

not even gonna bother.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I said MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice did. A couple of the first hip-hop artists to numbers like that and reach to an audience that diverse of musical tastes

don't kid yourself. they didnt do vanilla ice & hammer numbers.

AND DONT LIE. youre already on record:

right here:

This nikka don't understand shyt about impact, the fact that they sold DIAMOND albums proves that sales mean something. They were big in the fact they brought hip hop to mainstream while others may have pushed it farther.

:facepalm:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

actually, it looks as if you have even less knowledge than I assumed.

:laugh:

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
don't kid yourself. they didnt do vanilla ice & hammer numbers.

AND DONT LIE. youre already on record:

right here:

I said diamond albumsssss. Outkast has only one diamond album. I was referring to MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. Chill out. You arguing about things other than our original topic. We're done here I proved my points and you have no factual proof disproving the impact of Outkast.

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
actually, it looks as if you have even less knowledge than I assumed.

:laugh:
I'm sorry I don't listen to people from the 80's that no one has ever heard of cuz I think I am some hip-hop supremacist.
Hipsters these days:snoop:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'm sorry I don't listen to people from the 80's that no one has ever heard of cuz I think I am some hip-hop supremacist.

:dahell:

DIG A HOLE

I said diamond albumsssss. Outkast has only one diamond album. I was referring to MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. Chill out. You arguing about things other than our original topic. We're done here I proved my points and you have no factual proof disproving the impact of Outkast.

we done already dis-proved the impact of outkast a bunch of times all thru this thread. why don't you actually prove something? all you posted is a bunch of crossover sales for an album that had no impact on hip-hop culture. just like those hammer & vanilla ice albums. so i don't understand your argument. youre using noob/outsider logic.

and not that it matters but hammer & vanilla ice each only went diamond once.:laugh: difference is, there were 10 million purchases for their chit as opposed to 5 million.

and

wait for it.....

a lot of their albums were priced higher than outkast's chit on top of that.

:laff:

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
the modern hipster is more likely to big up outkast than epmd or somebody though and i like both.

As far as the topic, i like outkast but yea they did start getting put on a pedestal around aquemini and i personally enjoyed their prior material more than what followed. I did like the first three albums a lot and do rank outkast even if not as high as some others do. Overall I understand the op's point though i do enjoy a good amount of their material.