Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
nikkas talking about outkast being super original stems from all of their albums being completely different from one another... I don't know why yall still trying to debate with this clown @Wacky D .. he's already been sonned to oblivion throuout the thread.. its like okay breh, we get :umad: nikkas rank Kast high on lists of rap groups... he can keep trying to up this faggity thread that's a year in a half old all he wants... it won't change nikkas opinions... he's already admitted he didn't really even listen to Kast like that.. what's hilarious to me is this clown acts like he was in every part of the country to know who was bumping what in every single hood... next he's going to say that Outkast getting best hip hop whatever at the source that year was some sort of conspiracy agenda.... nikkas talkin bout someone wants to rewrite history. . WHY?? WHAT WOULD BE THE PURPOSE??

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
lists are just industry chit. you dudes keep taking the bait.

plenty of rap artists sold millions without having a big presence in hip-hop.

as for the originality thing, they came out sounding like souls of mischief's country cousins, for starters. and @Art Barr broke down the rest a few days ago. so lets not talk in circles.

no limit records blew the south up. TRU is the run dmc of the south. they did what outkast failed miserably at doing, despite the machine they had behind them.

if you want to talk about crossover. south groups that crossed over before kast existed:
ABC
kriss kross - :ohmy:
arrested development - they won grammys and sold a chitload of albums. and everything yall brag about outkast doing is stuff that AD did immediately. they accomplished in 1 album, what took outkast an entire decade and a genre-switch to accomplish. plus they piggy-backed off a lot of the stuff that AD did, followed half of their blueprint and basically inherited their fanbase.

those 3 groups are all from Atlanta, btw.

in terms of blowing up nationally - 2 live crew was the 1st
in terms of being critically acclaimed - have you ever heard of the geto boys?
these groups were out long before outkast

kast aint do chit really. they were just a dope group that you either rocked with or you didn't. if youre a fan, then fine. but all this goat talk is laughable. I seriously look at anybody funny that gasses them up as such on here.
But ask an average listener of hip hop who all of them groups are. They won't know any of them. Ask if they know Outkast and they do whether they like them or not. That's crossover right there, reaching out to an average listener of music. They don't have just a core fan base in the south. They have millions of fans across the world. They have an impact on hip-hop and I've heard plenty who don't like them still say they had a huge impact on the game. I don't think you understand what they accomplished. I think you misunderstand about blowing up . I'm talking about the fact that they don't have just one or 2 platinum albums. All of them are. They have sold 25 million records. 2 live is not even close. Idk what you are arguing about anymore. I'm just saying that OutKast has more impact on mainstream rap than any other group from the south. Ever notice how back in the day it was all east coast and west coast. Right around the turn of the century, when Outkast was in their prime, is when the South started getting a lot more play from other regions. Now for influence all of the other groups best them out but on impact alone, I'm sorry but no:yeshrug:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:what: When Pac,BIG,Wu and all those other groups were in their prime Kast won Hip Hop album of the year at the Source awards....i know thats not the end all be all but if you go to those days in time it means alot

kast never won album of the year at the source awards.

and even if they did(which they didn't), that's just industry chit.

yall love to chit on nelly on here but he actually won album of the year at the source awards. and rap was still thurl back then. so does that make him a goat?:whistle:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Dude said TRU is the Run DMC of the South:troll:

they are.

do you want me to explain it for you since youre so novice and don't get the comparison?

or would you rather revel in ignorance and post smilies?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nikkas talking about outkast being super original stems from all of their albums being completely different from one another... I don't know why yall still trying to debate with this clown @Wacky D .. he's already been sonned to oblivion throuout the thread.. its like okay breh, we get :umad: nikkas rank Kast high on lists of rap groups... he can keep trying to up this faggity thread that's a year in a half old all he wants... it won't change nikkas opinions... he's already admitted he didn't really even listen to Kast like that.. what's hilarious to me is this clown acts like he was in every part of the country to know who was bumping what in every single hood... next he's going to say that Outkast getting best hip hop whatever at the source that year was some sort of conspiracy agenda.... nikkas talkin bout someone wants to rewrite history. . WHY?? WHAT WOULD BE THE PURPOSE??

its one thing for you to continue posting while adding absolutely nothing to this thread, making no points whatsoever and duckin n dodging all the facts being laid out.

BUT do not lie on me. I never admitted to none of this bullchit that youre claiming. I was listening to outkast before you even knew what rap was. I got every album on stand-by as we speak. I even liked outkast for what they were worth in the '90s. so don't lie on me clown. you can be a horrible poster all you want, but don't come in here acting like a lil bi*ch.

and @Skip b is still waiting for you to post some chit. words cant describe how bad dude is sonning you and you aint even trying to respond. his avi says it all. got your weird ass on the ropes.

and you brag about them winning best group, but they got booed out the building, and it wasn't just cuz of some east coast chit like yall claim. but hey, youre going to continue reveling in ignorance regardless.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
But ask an average listener of hip hop who all of them groups are. They won't know any of them. Ask if they know Outkast and they do whether they like them or not. That's crossover right there, reaching out to an average listener of music. They don't have just a core fan base in the south. They have millions of fans across the world. They have an impact on hip-hop and I've heard plenty who don't like them still say they had a huge impact on the game. I don't think you understand what they accomplished. I think you misunderstand about blowing up . I'm talking about the fact that they don't have just one or 2 platinum albums. All of them are. They have sold 25 million records. 2 live is not even close. Idk what you are arguing about anymore. I'm just saying that OutKast has more impact on mainstream rap than any other group from the south. Ever notice how back in the day it was all east coast and west coast. Right around the turn of the century, when Outkast was in their prime, is when the South started getting a lot more play from other regions. Now for influence all of the other groups best them out but on impact alone, I'm sorry but no:yeshrug:

anybody who doesn't know any of those groups isn't an average listener of hip-hop. theyre a noob and probably gay.

kriss kross is a bigger household name than outkast, by the way.

again, please explain this huge impact they have on the game? you havnt provided anything.

and like I said, outkast had nothing to do with the south blowing up as a viable region. that was master p/no limit.

all youre doing is repeating the same ole mis-information. youre not helping your case at all. in fact, all youre doing is making yourself look bad. and im not coming at your neck. just saying, learn your history before you end up looking like @Black Jesus.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
and this @Black Jesus dude got the nerve to diss whodini & cold crush? you little scrub you.

outkast aint even built to carry those groups' jock straps.

this is the clown chit im talking about.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
they are.

do you want me to explain it for you since youre so novice and don't get the comparison?

or would you rather revel in ignorance and post smilies?

Nah, I don't need any explanations from people who were in grade 4 when TRU dropped their first album on a major

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nah, I don't need any explanations from people who were in grade 4 when TRU dropped their first album on a major

lets be reality. by 4th grade I experienced more hip-hop than you could dream of and had already forgotten more about hip-hop than whatever little knowledge you've accumulated in your entire lifespan.

and I was in 4th grade years before TRU dropped their major debut, for the record. but that's neither here nor there.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
why outkast attract all the funny-style posters?

anybody notice that?

that pretty much says it all.

:deadrose:

Daps
This boy Wacky D really does think he is the alpha and omega of hip-hop. You can't tell this fool nothing because he knows what the whole planet likes and should like :camby:

OVOChris

Rookie
Daps
anybody who doesn't know any of those groups isn't an average listener of hip-hop. theyre a noob and probably gay.

kriss kross is a bigger household name than outkast, by the way.

again, please explain this huge impact they have on the game? you havnt provided anything.

and like I said, outkast had nothing to do with the south blowing up as a viable region. that was master p/no limit.

all youre doing is repeating the same ole mis-information. youre not helping your case at all. in fact, all youre doing is making yourself look bad. and im not coming at your neck. just saying, learn your history before you end up looking like @Black Jesus.
No Kriss Kross is not a bigger household name, never. And again I'm saying average listener as in someone who only listens to the radio or only the big hyped up rappers. They wouldn't know 2 live crew or Geto Boys but they would know Outkast. If you're denying any impact from Outkast on hip hop then you are delusional and it is a waste of my time to argue with you

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
and this @Black Jesus dude got the nerve to diss whodini & cold crush? you little scrub you.

outkast aint even built to carry those groups' jock straps.

this is the clown chit im talking about.

nikka you @ me....the other black jesus has the underscore in his name