Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:usure:

3 classic albums???

5 Minutes of Funk GOAT hip song on your list??

:jawalrus: If you say so champ... You're entitled to your own opinion... I wont troll you people by making a thread about why so many groups are better than Whodini... Nor will I call you revisionists :smugdraper:

Absolutely, the problem most of you dudes were not cogniscent of early and mid 80's hip-hop so you lack the perspective. There were lot's of seminal hip-hop albums prior to 87-88 which was the landmark period. I could give you a bunch of great albums that I would consider classic going as far back as maybe 82-83. The music has not aged well, I'm not that crazy to act like it did but Whodini, as a group set so many trends musically but especially more so from a performance standpoint that it's not even funny. Go back and watch that episode of Unsung, it's a starting point. Again is Whodini not the greatest group of all time, but to make like they don't belong in the same class as Run DMC is silly and shows whats the problem with hip-hop today. Whodini bridged two eras of hip-hop and ushered the era of the True School (late 70's and early 80's) to the new wave of hip-hop which included Run DMC, The Beastie Boys, and LL Cool J as well as influencing such future greats like Marley Marl and the Juice Crew.

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
:wtf: N1ggas is really dissin whodini?

It's easy to tell some of the posts in here are just because of the name of the poster, its become a game to yall to diss my mans' wacky. :beli:

Some of you guys are reaching by just throwing 70/80s rap in the bushes for outkast. I don't know about you guys but n1ggas in my hood ain't mess with them at all.

Didn't even know people were seriously sayin they the goat till I peeped game on the net a few months back.

Me and me my n1ggas looked at them as a pop group after awhile :huhldup:

All the people I know that was playin they music heavy was them white boys/hipsters. No offense.

If we really talking about the goat mention EPMD :smugfavre:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
haha, these wierdos got quiet i see.

:win:

The reality is you've never bought an Outkast album nor have you listened to one all the way through.. I'm sorry you weren't paying attention to Outkast in the 90s aside from their singles. but we were... AGAIN, Whodini is nowhere near the level of Outkast, when it comes to substance, lyrical ability(one subject you've seemed to have avoided), and creativity.. No one is revising anything... You can cut there music on in any setting and people will vibe to it... I realize you're really not qualified to even speak on Outkast, so in actuality when it comes to this subject, YOUR OPINION(because thats all that it is) aint worth shyt streaks on newspaper

youre just making chit up now.

lol @ "the reality is". you dont live in reality. you live in idlewild. youre up here going on a smear campagain against a group that you know nothing about.

lol. i was listening to outkast albums before you knew what rap was sucka. i dont judge music that i never heard. THATS YOUR FUNCTION. not mines. and no, i never went out and purchased an outkast album. i never claimed to. whats the point of throwing that in there? you that desperate?:damn:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I never really paid attention to them enough to either like them or hate them
After you posted this your opinion and credibility became non-existent on this subject:umad: :bryan:

I'm not on a smear campaign against Whodini.. just in no way shape or form is Whodini > Outkast in anything other than impact ONLY because they're pioneers..

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I dont understand why this nikka is so infactuated with a group he thinks is overrated. Did you not get enough from the massive thread at the other site?

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Why are you nikkas still giving this thing legs? Let the lil guy up it daily and just let it fall

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Why are you nikkas still giving this thing legs? Let the lil guy up it daily and just let it fall

i hadnt posted in this thread for days up until yesterday.

and youre one of the main contributors in here.:sitdown:

andre 3000, the fruity pebbles of hip hop

lol

After you posted this your opinion and credibility became non-existent on this subject:umad: :bryan:

I'm not on a smear campaign against Whodini.. just in no way shape or form is Whodini > Outkast in anything other than impact ONLY because they're pioneers..

:what: you simple?

that doesnt mean that i didnt listen to their tapes jack@$$.

meanwhile, youre in hear talking big chit about whodini, yet you cant even name 2 songs by them.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
i hadnt posted in this thread for days up until yesterday.

and youre one of the main contributors in here.:sitdown:

lol

:what: you simple?

that doesnt mean that i didnt listen to their tapes jack@$$.

meanwhile, youre in hear talking big chit about whodini, yet you cant even name 2 songs by them.

But you don't see me making a thread about Whodini neither.. like you are about Kast.. a group that you claimed to never pay attention to enough to love or hate
them. :comeon:

Stop with the :duck: about you listening to Kast tapes.. we don't believe you.. you're not qualified to make threads about a group you didn't pay attention to..

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
you cant be this f**kin stupid. do you know what i mean by a group that we didnt pay attention to? i even explained it twice in this thread for idiots like yourself.

really tho, where are some of yall from? too much of a social disconnect here. whats ya life like?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
you cant be this f**kin stupid. do you know what i mean by a group that we didnt pay attention to? i even explained it twice in this thread for idiots like yourself.

really tho, where are some of yall from? too much of a social disconnect here. whats ya life like?

:mjpls:
Oh now its WE weren't paying attention??:laff: Nice spin, but don't even try it

Its no disconnect, just you trolling, making a thread about a group that you skimmed over... Only songs you probably know by Kast are their radio singles,.. You didn't pay attention means just that.,

Go ahead and change the subject again now:russ:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i said WE earlier too jackass. and others have came in here and said the same thing.

i dont skim thru music. nor do i even attempt to talk about artists that i dont know much about. thats what YOU specialize in.

nice try at attempting to take the attention off of you for that whodini chit.

im not changing the subject at all. im right here. get down or lay down huckleberry.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
i dont hate anybody. im not bitter. and really my distaste for kast stems from the fact that i hate revisionist history, and then theres all these new forum noob posters sippin the kool-aid, that came in over the course of the last 5 years. before that, i never really paid attention to them enough to either like or hate them. they were just a group that had some hot stuff. for the most part, that was the general feeling for them in the main scope of things.

:comeon:

Like you confessed in this post, the real reason you dont like Kast is because millions of other people claim to like Kast and because of some BS made up criteria you created in your mind that you felt they didn't fit in.. Even though Kast dropped two masterpieces called ATLiens and Aquemeni :bow:

In your simple little mind people claiming Outkast are GOAT contenders are part of this huge conspiracy theory started on the net to rewrite history:russ: I've heard a lot of ridiculous shyt but that aint nothing but hatred shrouded behind a bullshyt unprovable theory

But then you claim that you infact never payed attention to them like that to develop a real positive or negative opinion on them.... Says it right up ther in the bolded.. and it shows the context you said it in, so dont try to spin it nikka:pacspit:

As far as Whodini goes.. none of you nikkas have yet to explain how Whodini > Kast.. Sure, they had a few hit singles back during a time where hip hop was nowhere near as competitive as it was in the 90s and everyone spit like mother goose.. I respect them as pioneers, and i get a small sense of nostalgia when I here Friends, One Love, or Freaks Come Out... but as far as skill, substance, and longevity they dont hold a candle to Kast.. Neither does Run DMC, NWA, Cold Crush, Boogie, or Furious5... and know that when I say this I dont disagree that any of those groups are GOAT contenders, just imo not in front of Kast... If you disagree with that, cool:thumbsup:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:what: youre an idiot. i cant even stoop low enough to go back-n-forth with somebody like this. and that says alot because im always down to argue.

your comprehension game is one of the worst ive ever seen as well.

lol @ the last paragraph. just.......LOL.

word to the wise. this may not apply to you, seeing that youre living in a fantasy world, but if you ever choose to venture out, i hope you dont argue like this in public. somebody would quickly knock your block off.

somebody else handle this dude, please. dude is in here showcasing a whole new level of stupid. i cant be bothered. "I CANT DO IT".