Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
caring about what old people think about some old washed-up shyt from 1983 :heh:caring about outkast :pachaha:31 pages on OUTKAST... :usure:

i respect the opinions of knowledgeable rap heads. not a bunch of dweebs and noobs. thats not hip-hop. sorry.its 32 pages moreso because of me and the energy that i attract.

:comeon: Wacky... Wacky...I know it's like talkin' to a brick wall at this point, and alot of these statements are :troll: so I kinda feel dumber for having responded to 'em. But your dislike of Outkast (despite saying you like a lot of their work, which perplexes me even further) is clouding your perception of reality. That chitty-chit-chit about the Whodini albums... ay, on the rare occasion Whodini becomes a topic, their most-loved songs are the ONLY ones that ever come up. There ain't some wealth of other gems on the albums that anyone ever gives a shyt about, let's be real. Like I said, they had a helluva run, but it was 4 years long. You gon' sit there and act like Outkast died out after '98. :beli:Whodini was doin' it for a good while... but if you gonna talk about how they were SO huge that the success of Outkast doesn't come close... then how did a group SO huge fall out of relevance damn near overnight?Look, I ain't sayin' Outkast was runnin' the mixtape game. I ain't sayin' Outkast had the hood on smash. I ain't sayin' Outkast was appealin' to the same heads as Ruff Ryders and Cash Money. But this whole shyt about how they were never a factor whatsoever (which is pretty much what you've said throughout the thread) is a LIE. A GOD DAMN LIE.

hold up. youre dappin up wierdos & trolls now? youre that desperate? dudes in here putting words in my mouth and blatantly lying about chit, and youre dappin away?:snoop: just throw in the towel already.

you dont have to like somebody to respect somebody. its called being objective. something that you outkast stans clearly dont understand. and not that it matters, but for the record, outkast used to be alright with me in the '90s, particularly the mid-90s. it wasnt until years later when i began to notice the revisionist history kicking in. and then when the new wave of internet posters came in, kickin that propaganda, i had to put the soulja outfit on.

you can call me a troll and all this other nonsense in hopes of downplaying what im saying. but at the end of the day, im spittin real chit and facts. you say that i should title the thread "i dont like outkast". but in reality, yall should title a thread stating "outkast is goat, strictly because im a fan" because thats all im seeing here.

lol @ "the rare occasion that whodini becomes a topic". theyre rarely a topic on here, because theres rarely any topics about anything before death row records. i mean, is that really your argument? you sound stupid right now.as for their sudden drop-off, most groups from that era dropped off right along with them. different day. do the knowledge.

as for the last statement, im seeing alot of pleas being copped. all im seeing in this thread is excuses for why outkast lacks goat credentials, rather than people actually posting their goat credentials. why is that? because they dont have these credentials, which make the idea of outkast being a goat group ridiculous.

and im not saying that they werent factors. im saying that they werent important. case in point, if outkast never existed, nothing about hip-hop would be different(and dont bother name-droppin irrelevant rappers like b.o.b., big krit, etc. youre just proving my point if you do.) and while youre at it, ask that same question about whodini, and youll have a completely different answer.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
How da hell did Kast get a spot on New Jersey Drive soundtrack and had one of the dopest songs?

Daps
hold up. youre dappin up wierdos & trolls now? youre that desperate? dudes in here putting words in my mouth and blatantly lying about chit, and youre dappin away?:snoop: just throw in the towel already.

:stopitslime:

Come on young bul.

Weirdo?

You're the dude making up imaginary "real heads" on an internet forum in an attempt to solidify you're very unpopular & minority opinion. fukk outta here with that shyt, young bul :pacspit:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:snoop:
i respect the opinions of knowledgeable rap heads. not a bunch of dweebs and noobs. thats not hip-hop. sorry.

I respect opinions as well, but the problems with you is that you're actually the dweeb you're describing, and you are incapable of being objective and respecting other peoples opinions

you dont have to like somebody to respect somebody. its called being objective. something that you outkast stans clearly dont understand. and not that it matters, but for the record, outkast used to be alright with me in the '90s, particularly the mid-90s. it wasnt until years later when i began to notice the revisionist history kicking in. and then when the new wave of internet posters came in, kickin that propaganda, i had to put the soulja outfit on.
oh really dweeb you put on a soulja outfit??:rudy: you just in the same paragraph say you fukked wit Kast in the 90s.. so when a whole lot of others claim they fukked with Kast, then its revisionist history or propaganda? :stopitslime:

you can call me a troll and all this other nonsense in hopes of downplaying what im saying. but at the end of the day, im spittin real chit and facts. you say that i should title the thread "i dont like outkast". but in reality, yall should title a thread stating "outkast is goat, strictly because im a fan" because thats all im seeing here.
:skip: You're doing it again Wacky :umad:
You're confusing facts with opinion..........AGAIN!!!

lol @ "the rare occasion that whodini becomes a topic". theyre rarely a topic on here, because theres rarely any topics about anything before death row records. i mean, is that really your argument? you sound stupid right now.as for their sudden drop-off, most groups from that era dropped off right along with them. different day. do the knowledge.

as for the last statement, im seeing alot of pleas being copped. all im seeing in this thread is excuses for why outkast lacks goat credentials, rather than people actually posting their goat credentials. why is that? because they dont have these credentials, which make the idea of outkast being a goat group ridiculous.

and im not saying that they werent factors. im saying that they werent important. case in point, if outkast never existed, nothing about hip-hop would be different(and dont bother name-droppin irrelevant rappers like b.o.b., big krit, etc. youre just proving my point if you do.) and while youre at it, ask that same question about whodini, and youll have a completely different answer.

After analyzing you a bit, I realize that Outkast simply isn't your cup of tea, but you did acknowledge and respect them, but I think where your bitterness and hatred comes from is the fact that Outkast has figured out how to stay fresh and relevant throughout the times unlike all the groups from the early 90s unlike some of your favorite groups. They didn't just fall off during the gangsta rap era.. They just kept doing them. you're just a hater brah but its ok.
Kast stayed in their own lane being unique and never falling into one trend.. All of their album were completely different than the last when it came to substanse and lyrical content, while still managing to garner admiration and respect.. They were more than just a group that dropped one hit single every album.. All their albums were dope not including that soundtrack.. SB/LB had to grow on me... I understand that this was the point where Outkast evolved yet again into something different and they were pretty much going commercial and targeting all markets, and that the commercial crowd and younger generation will mostly remember them from Hey Ya, but none of this takes away from what they did before.. Remember?? when you even used to fukk with them

And for that last statement you made.. If there was never Outkast.. music would indeed be different because of how so many others have tried to lo key copy from their success ala Weezy, Kanye, B.O.B. KRIT etc.. But not in the same way as if a pioneer never existed like Whodini.. But this discussion isn't about who had the biggest impact, its about who were all around a better group and Kast > Whodini any day all day...

Thats my OPINION you have to respect it

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:snoop:

I respect opinions as well, but the problems with you is that you're actually the dweeb you're describing, and you are incapable of being objective and respecting other peoples opinions

oh really dweeb you put on a soulja outfit??:rudy: you just in the same paragraph say you fukked wit Kast in the 90s.. so when a whole lot of others claim they fukked with Kast, then its revisionist history or propaganda? :stopitslime:

:skip: You're doing it again Wacky :umad:
You're confusing facts with opinion..........AGAIN!!!

After analyzing you a bit, I realize that Outkast simply isn't your cup of tea, but you did acknowledge and respect them, but I think where your bitterness and hatred comes from is the fact that Outkast has figured out how to stay fresh and relevant throughout the times unlike all the groups from the early 90s unlike some of your favorite groups. They didn't just fall off during the gangsta rap era.. They just kept doing them. you're just a hater brah but its ok.
Kast stayed in their own lane being unique and never falling into one trend.. All of their album were completely different than the last when it came to substanse and lyrical content, while still managing to garner admiration and respect.. They were more than just a group that dropped one hit single every album.. All their albums were dope not including that soundtrack.. SB/LB had to grow on me... I understand that this was the point where Outkast evolved yet again into something different and they were pretty much going commercial and targeting all markets, and that the commercial crowd and younger generation will mostly remember them from Hey Ya, but none of this takes away from what they did before.. Remember?? when you even used to fukk with them

And for that last statement you made.. If there was never Outkast.. music would indeed be different because of how so many others have tried to lo key copy from their success ala Weezy, Kanye, B.O.B. KRIT etc.. But not in the same way as if a pioneer never existed like Whodini.. But this discussion isn't about who had the biggest impact, its about who were all around a better group and Kast > Whodini any day all day...

Thats my OPINION you have to respect it

between this and other threads, i see that i cant make rap line references on here all like that. goes over too many heads these days.

lol @ you taking offense to the word dweeb. i also used the term "noob", which i gave you the benefit of the doubt and classified you as. but you took offense to the word dweeb, out of guilt. nice to know.

im not confusing facts with opinions. i have my facts and i have my opinions. from what i can recall, we've been stuck on my facts for the past few pages now. impact, influence, etc has nothing to do with opinions.

i dont hate anybody. im not bitter. and really my distaste for kast stems from the fact that i hate revisionist history, and then theres all these new forum noob posters sippin the kool-aid, that came in over the course of the last 5 years. before that, i never really paid attention to them enough to either like or hate them. they were just a group that had some hot stuff. for the most part, that was the general feeling for them in the main scope of things. they never stopped time or anything like that. they werent that type of group. THATS THE POINT.

i dont let favoritism & dislike get in the way of things like ranking rappers. im actually harder on the groups that i favor.

so all that chit youre talking doesnt matter. i even kept the good songs from stankonia in rotation when it was out. that doesnt mean that it was a good album. they havnt dropped a good album together since the '90s(i never heard the big boi cd).

they havnt stayed relevant IN HIP-HOP thru the times as much as yall like to think. so why would i be bitter about something that doesnt exist?

lol at you still insisting on commenting on groups that you know less than nothing about. youre going on an all out campaign against whodini and its hillarious. the fact that you want somebody to take your opinion seriously when you say outkast >>> whodini is beyond laughable. you cant even name 5 songs by whodini. YOU DONT HAVE AN OPINION.

stuff like this is why i dont take you seriously on this topic. but i do respect the fact that youre in here trying and not just posting bullchit like some of these other dudes.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
between this and other threads, i see that i cant make rap line references on here all like that. goes over too many heads these days.

lol @ you taking offense to the word dweeb. i also used the term "noob", which i gave you the benefit of the doubt and classified you as. but you took offense to the word dweeb, out of guilt. nice to know.

im not confusing facts with opinions. i have my facts and i have my opinions. from what i can recall, we've been stuck on my facts for the past few pages now. impact, influence, etc has nothing to do with opinions.

i dont hate anybody. im not bitter. and really my distaste for kast stems from the fact that i hate revisionist history, and then theres all these new forum noob posters sippin the kool-aid, that came in over the course of the last 5 years. before that, i never really paid attention to them enough to either like or hate them. they were just a group that had some hot stuff. for the most part, that was the general feeling for them in the main scope of things. they never stopped time or anything like that. they werent that type of group. THATS THE POINT.

i dont let favoritism & dislike get in the way of things like ranking rappers. im actually harder on the groups that i favor.

so all that chit youre talking doesnt matter. i even kept the good songs from stankonia in rotation when it was out. that doesnt mean that it was a good album. they havnt dropped a good album together since the '90s(i never heard the big boi cd).

they havnt stayed relevant IN HIP-HOP thru the times as much as yall like to think. so why would i be bitter about something that doesnt exist?

lol at you still insisting on commenting on groups that you know less than nothing about. youre going on an all out campaign against whodini and its hillarious. the fact that you want somebody to take your opinion seriously when you say outkast >>> whodini is beyond laughable. you cant even name 5 songs by whodini. YOU DONT HAVE AN OPINION.

stuff like this is why i dont take you seriously on this topic. but i do respect the fact that youre in here trying and not just posting bullchit like some of these other dudes.

The reality is you've never bought an Outkast album nor have you listened to one all the way through.. I'm sorry you weren't paying attention to Outkast in the 90s aside from their singles. but we were... AGAIN, Whodini is nowhere near the level of Outkast, when it comes to substance, lyrical ability(one subject you've seemed to have avoided), and creativity.. No one is revising anything... You can cut there music on in any setting and people will vibe to it... I realize you're really not qualified to even speak on Outkast, so in actuality when it comes to this subject, YOUR OPINION(because thats all that it is) aint worth shyt streaks on newspaper

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon: these dudes are like the tim teebow of hip-hop(really, it should be the other way around. but yall get the point). so i guess that makes me stephen a.:comeon:

im trying not to lose my cool when arguing with idiots. plus im not down with boosting thread numbers for dudes that i dont know. its time to do a part 2 to one of the goat threads in internet history.

and im gonna keep it civil by focusing in on the task at hand. FOR THE RECORD, i was listening to outkast before most of their hipster internet fans that argue me down were even listening to rap. i didnt have a problem with them until the past 8 years when the media started revising history in their favor, and suddenly all these little internet dudes started claiming outkast as goat group contenders out of nowhere.

heres the thing. you cant just say that somebody is in the running for goat, simply because theyre your favorites. they have to possess the credentials of such a group. and they dont. they lack in just about every category. and we're gonna break it down in here.

and im gonna do it one at a time so that things dont get jumbled up or overlooked. as i add each reason in the middle of the thread, i will also add it to this list right under this sentence.

and im gonna start with this. this is one of my favorites:

1.) when they were actually good and in their prime, they werent even a top tier group. how could you possibly be a top 5 all-time group when you werent even top 5 when you were hot? and do remember, they were always one of the better promoted groups, had one of the goat machines behind them, and were promoted better than half the groups that were ahead of them.

stay tuned. more on the way.

:stopitslime:
".....here's what you do -- you grab her by her neck, throw her on the wall Say, "bytch don't ever disrespect me never not at all....."

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Your answer to the question of how Outkast>Whodini??

Outkast is better in every single way that you can think of

Lyricism
Flow
Content
Originality (as far as all there albums being completely different than the previous) while really following their own trends while setting them as well
Longevity
They broke all barriers.. age, color, gender, geographic etc

Whodini were 3 hit wonders

Holy shyt I'm about to cry, I know you didn't just say that. :to:

Ok, I already let my opinion on Outkast be known on that other site so I won't go into that, but how disrespectful to Whodini could you be. Just so you know Whodini had way more than 3 hits and I'm not talking about just in the streets. Whodini was maybe the biggest rap group out until Run DMC put out The Kings of Rock and even then you best believe it was close to even. Their 1st 3 albums are classics, and I would put 5 Minutes of Funk on my list of GOAT Hip-Hop songs. I'll admit their music is from a different era, but if you weren't around then you missed one of the biggest groups of the era and easily one of the most influential even to this day.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Holy shyt I'm about to cry, I know you didn't just say that. :to:

Ok, I already let my opinion on Outkast be known on that other site so I won't go into that, but how disrespectful to Whodini could you be. Just so you know Whodini had way more than 3 hits and I'm not talking about just in the streets. Whodini was maybe the biggest rap group out until Run DMC put out The Kings of Rock and even then you best believe it was close to even. Their 1st 3 albums are classics, and I would put 5 Minutes of Funk on my list of GOAT Hip-Hop songs. I'll admit their music is from a different era, but if you weren't around then you missed one of the biggest groups of the era and easily one of the most influential even to this day.

:usure:

3 classic albums???

5 Minutes of Funk GOAT hip song on your list??

:jawalrus: If you say so champ... You're entitled to your own opinion... I wont troll you people by making a thread about why so many groups are better than Whodini... Nor will I call you revisionists :smugdraper: