Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
the bolded doesnt even make sense.

and im still waiting on my answer. funny how youre trying to get away from that, yet u still want to talk chit about groups that you know nothing about.

tribe had heavy influence on kast.

:childplease:

you dont even know what goes on in your own state that you rep so hard.:snoop: youre not qualified to laugh at anything.

this looks more like a favorites list. your criteria doesnt match your picks.

no run dmc?? but the beastie boys are up there? wow.

Slipped my mind, but they could could def make it on the list. Don't see why you are trying to under mind the Beastie Boys importance

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
im not under-mining the beasties at all. if you think that, then you must be new here.

i just find it odd how you can mention the beasties a top 10 group, yet run dmc slips your mind.:wtf:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I don't care for either of their music honestly. Everyone else on that list, I at least love their stuff. Run DMC, and Beastie Boys HAVE to be on the list because they are influential and pioneers for hip hop. If I were ranking my personal favorite they would be no where near the list. Whole lot of groups I would rather listen to over them.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
roots and outkast at 1 & 2? looks like a favorites list.

as much as i loved the beasties' "licensed to ill" run, they were pretty much a non-factor after that and then landed in the rock category. theyre not top 10.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Yea the actual ranking was my personal taste, but the list wasn't. Nothing wrong with having either group up there anyway. I mean yea, clearly you don't think Outkast is a GOAT group, but you're in the minority there. I don't see how you can rationalize 10 groups being better without favoritism.

The thing about The Roots is that they don't have a major influence on anything going on in hip hop, but they have showed that they are completely willing and able to adapt to the times, and they are constantly trying to push the boundaries of hip hop. Being from Philly it's like everyone respects and acknowledges them, but no one attempts to follow their blueprint or emulate what they do like other acts. I think that more than anything, when they they do something, they just make people think it's okay for them to try it out. It's safe now after they try it. I think at the end of the day when you look at the actual music they produced and their standing in hip hop you would hard pressed to find a group that has been churning out quality for as long as them.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yea the actual ranking was my personal taste, but the list wasn't. Nothing wrong with having either group up there anyway. I mean yea, clearly you don't think Outkast is a GOAT group, but you're in the minority there. I don't see how you can rationalize 10 groups being better without favoritism.

The thing about The Roots is that they don't have a major influence on anything going on in hip hop, but they have showed that they are completely willing and able to adapt to the times, and they are constantly trying to push the boundaries of hip hop. Being from Philly it's like everyone respects and acknowledges them, but no one attempts to follow their blueprint or emulate what they do like other acts. I think that more than anything, when they they do something, they just make people think it's okay for them to try it out. It's safe now after they try it. I think at the end of the day when you look at the actual music they produced and their standing in hip hop you would hard pressed to find a group that has been churning out quality for as long as them.

im not in the minority concerning my stance on outkast at all. on these web forums im in the minority, but im automatically such, just by being a minority. that pretty much sums it up if you follow what im saying. outkast isnt even taken into consideration as goat contenders amongst rap heards offline, unless youre in the south, but even then theres numerous south groups that theyll throw in ahead of kast.

lol @ you trying to play the philly card in favor of the roots. you know im from philly right?:youngsabo:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member

you dont even know what goes on in your own state that you rep so hard.:snoop: youre not qualified to laugh at anything.

:laugh: Oh okay Wacky D, why don't you school me on what the 'young buls' in Southern California are doing I don't know about. Have you watched some Youtube videos on things you want to school me on breh? Did you find some obscure Los Angeles Hip Hop group that was popular before you could talk that you want to discuss? The LA Dream Team was influential with a hip hop electro fusion sound that is really popular again but no one wants to talk about that?

Don't get upset because they made an ongoing Cold Crush joke about you and others find it funny.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:laugh:* Oh okay Wacky D, why don't you school me on what the 'young buls' in Southern California are doing I don't know about.* Have you watched some Youtube videos on things you want to school me on breh?* Did you find some obscure Los Angeles Hip Hop group that was popular before you could talk that you want to discuss?* The LA Dream Team was influential with a hip hop electro fusion sound that is really popular again but no one wants to talk about that?Don't get upset because they made an ongoing Cold Crush* joke about you and others find it funny.

youve been un-intentionally exposed plenty of times on here by other cali posters. not to mention that people like myself already knew what you were, even before then.

i could care less about your little internet jokes. i just make it a point to respond to certain people that regularly up my threads. you know, the people whose posts i dont respect, but they play a role in me doing numbers so i feel like i owe some of you a common courtesy. people like the whitty huttons of the world.(prepares to add meachdamonster & black jesus to the list). i respond to you at least twice a month. i just filled the quota for june.

one thing i did find funny in this thread is a 30 year old "rap head" who reps california so hard, yet "didnt know that people liked bone thugs like that".

dont even get me started on that hyphy thread and countless other accidental classics that youve provided us with.

see you next month.:obama:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
im not in the minority concerning my stance on outkast at all. on these web forums im in the minority, but im automatically such, just by being a minority. that pretty much sums it up if you follow what im saying. outkast isnt even taken into consideration as goat contenders amongst rap heards offline, unless youre in the south, but even then theres numerous south groups that theyll throw in ahead of kast.

lol @ you trying to play the philly card in favor of the roots. you know im from philly right?:youngsabo:

:whoo:. I'm a Roots stan for life :yeshrug:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
the bolded doesnt even make sense.

and im still waiting on my answer. funny how youre trying to get away from that, yet u still want to talk chit about groups that you know nothing about.

tribe had heavy influence on kast.

Your answer to the question of how Outkast>Whodini??

Outkast is better in every single way that you can think of

Lyricism
Flow
Content
Originality (as far as all there albums being completely different than the previous) while really following their own trends while setting them as well
Longevity
They broke all barriers.. age, color, gender, geographic etc

Whodini were 3 hit wonders

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
youve been un-intentionally exposed plenty of times on here by other cali posters. not to mention that people like myself already knew what you were, even before then.

No I haven't :laugh: Why don't you reference these then Wacky D instead of just typing to type.

I do think its funny you think you know whats going on in California from Philly more than someone who lives there but do you. Never stopped you before.

i could care less about your little internet jokes. i just make it a point to respond to certain people that regularly up my threads. you know, the people whose posts i dont respect, but they play a role in me doing numbers so i feel like i owe some of you a common courtesy. people like the whitty huttons of the world.(prepares to add meachdamonster & black jesus to the list). i respond to you at least twice a month. i just filled the quota for june.

It's not my joke, I didn't make it up. I just found it funny they kept repeating it.

And I really don't care who you respect, you don't me anything and I don't owe you anything. We are both here to bullshyt about hip hop, sports, and piff. That's it. You take this shyt wayyyyyy too serious.

LMAO @ setting up quotas of responses.

one thing i did find funny in this thread is a 30 year old "rap head" who reps california so hard, yet "didnt know that people liked bone thugs like that".

I never said 'didnt know that people liked bone thugs like that' Don't make up fake quotes, its so fukking corny. I said that I personally wasn't into them like that. Get your shyt straight.

dont even get me started on that hyphy thread and countless other accidental classics that youve provided us with.

see you next month.:obama:

Oh that thread where you had to completely flip you argument because you didn't understand why 'hyphy' had its own name attached to that style of hip hop? Or why he shouted out Mac Dre because he used his lyrics in it :laugh: