Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I'm not going to read this entire thing, but you are essentially saying that Outkast isn't respected by 'real hip hop heads' because they became a pop act or whatever?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
mixtapes surpassed retail releases nearly a decade ago.

yes indeed. HOT BOYS.

I'm not going to read this entire thing, but you are essentially saying that Outkast isn't respected by 'real hip hop heads' because they became a pop act or whatever?

:wtf:

sounds like you need to read the thread.

or AT LEAST the 1st post.:facepalm:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:comeon:

de la soul?

wu-tang clan?

lets not go there.

btw, bone was a real gang that layzie was somewhat affiliated with in texas. hot boy is a term used in the N.O.

on the flip, wutang was just some chit that was lifted from kung-fu flicks. and de la soul? jungle brothers? corny.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
mixtapes surpassed retail releases nearly a decade ago.

yes indeed. HOT BOYS.

:wtf:

sounds like you need to read the thread.

or AT LEAST the 1st post.:facepalm:

There are over 350 posts in this thread. Why would I read through the entire thread when the original poster is actively posting at this very moment? Can you just summarize why you think this?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
again, i summarized 2 reasons so far in the 1st post. with more reasons to come.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Okay whatever.

Your reasoning in the first post doesn't even make sense though. They are one of the best selling, most respected, and critically acclaimed groups of all time. Personally I think they are amazing and save for IdleWild haven't released a bad album. You clearly say in your post that you can't claim someone or a group is the GOAT just because they are your personal favorite, but you say they aren't in the top 5 just because you don't like them and think they weren't on top in their prime. What exactly are you basing that on? Are you ignoring that ATLiens and Aquemini are often cited as some of the greatest hip hop albums ever made? That isn't just a couple people's opinion, it is pretty much unanimous around hip hop circles.

I think it would be far easier for you to restate your stance and clean up your argument so it isn't standing on such faulty ground. If this is simply a "I don't like them" and don't like the fact that they are respected then just say that. Otherwise you gotta come harder than that

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
most of this is not even what i said.:wtf: no offense but this is why i say read some of the thread man. im not really down with derailing the thread and talking in circles everytime somebody new comes into the thread and doesnt want to read anything. and you have like 8 posts, which is suspicious in itself.

i will say this, something that ive yet to say. atliens & aquemini are not considered all-time great albums. theyre not even certified classics. you literally have to be a fan of them to hold those albums in high-regard. when thats the case, its usually an indicator that theyre not goat contenders. also, its funny how the one certified classic album that they actually have is spcm, which usually isnt even acknowledged by their fans like that. i always found that funny.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Are you insinuating I'm trying to troll you or something because I have a small amount of posts? I have been lurking since yesterday and decided to join today. I still think it is far easier for you to write up your stance in Microsoft word or something and copy and paste it whenever someone asks. I read your first post and no offence, but it's incredibly sloppy man.

Also what exactly are you basing this on? I have never heard ATLiens or Aquemini NOT be considered classic albums. Stankonia is rated extremely high from a lot of sources. Speakerboxx/The Love Below had great reception. Literally the only album they have with poor reception is Idelwild. Also I find it kind of ridiculous for you to say that you have to be a fan or whatever to respect their music. Outkast is KNOWN for being one of the acts in hip hop that fans of other genres respect. Besides Eminem, The Roots, and Kanye West, they are always cited as being the most accessible and respected by fans of other genres. They are KNOWN for being popular all across this country unlike other southern groups. It goes without saying that they are loved by fans. Once again, what are you basing this on?

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
From the soul

Jungle music. Africa. Jungles. Brothers. Plus the nod to James Brown when an acronym. More homage to hip hop culture and blackness.

Wu Tang sounds crazy. Sounds powerful.

Bone thugs n harmony. Harmony gays up the already gay 'bone thugs' at the start.

Hot boys is slang yes. Horribly bad, bamma slang.

It's worse than dem franchise boys.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Well, I'm not going to waste anymore of my time on the subject then. It's not far fetched for someone to not like Outkast or consider them to be the absolute best so I just wanted to see where he was coming from.

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Well, I'm not going to waste anymore of my time on the subject then. It's not far fetched for someone to not like Outkast or consider them to be the absolute best so I just wanted to see where he was coming from.

If this was an attempt from dude to find out why alot of hip hop heads rate Outkast then I think the thread would have had a different feel and we all could have chopped it up...

but you read the thread title and...

:dead:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:comeon:

de la soul?

wu-tang clan?

lets not go there.

btw, bone was a real gang that layzie was somewhat affiliated with in texas. hot boy is a term used in the N.O.

on the flip, wutang was just some chit that was lifted from kung-fu flicks. and de la soul? jungle brothers? corny.

You claim to be so knowledgeable and a "real head" but you don't even know the truth about your own favorites.

When Bone thugs-n-harmony got together they first formed the group B.O.N.E. Enterpri$e, Layzie Bone got the name B.O.N.E. Enterpri$e off a building on the way to jail in 1990