Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:what: NO.

:wtf: duke, you aint even from up here. how the hell you gonna tell me? people in the 30s are the main people that i associate with on a daily basis.

lol @ "was it jay who admitted it?"

man, scarface had heavy influence on east coast hip-hop. from biggie to jay to dmx to beanie siegal. the list goes on and on. no offense but you sound silly right now. i cant even believe im having this discussion.

luke made music for the clubs and it was huge in the clubs. to this day, niccas go crazy when "doo doo brown", etc come on. your fault is that youre talking about throwing on some luke around a bunch of niccas just sitting around chillin. did you try to put some slow jams on too?:laugh: also, you fail to mention what type of crowd you hung around when you were up top. for all we know, you couldve been hanging around a bunch of poo-put dudes.

:cmon: aquemini went like triple-platinum without making an impact on black culture. obviously they had a huge white fanbase. and i knew PLENTY of white people. they rode with outkast before stankonia. im not saying that they were as big with white people before stankonia(that was just a whole nother animal), but they were definitely on-deck when aquemini was out.

"rosa parks" was a bigger crossover smash than it was a hip-hop smash. at that time, outside of the slim shady lp, "aquemini" was that rap album that you saw way more white people listening to than black people.

yes. raekwon did the song to RAISE their profile. not give them a profile. we were listening to kast up here since SPCM. but they were never a factor. they were just a good group that some people liked. they werent a big deal or anything(thats pretty much what people like myself & AYO-BEZ have been saying).

most of kast's appeal to their record buyers was indeed the fact that they were the opposite of whats going on. are YOU high? and by marketed, im referring to the way that the album was promoted. i already made that pretty dam clear.

no we're not. this is nonsense.

YALL ARE THE ONES that were bringing those albums up in the 1st place. trying to prop them up because they moved crazy units. we were just responding and putting those albums in their proper perspective.

if you follow our posts that werent specifically in response to what yall were saying; our overall theme was mainly focusing on their actual prime years. yall took it to the stankonias & TLBs. and it backfired on yall.

:wtf:

Who is "yall"? I never mentioned either of those albums except in response other people, nor do I really like either of them. If we're discussing their prime years alone then yes, they stand toe-to-toe with anyone else you can mention. They could've ceased to exist after their first 3 albums and it wouldn't affect their legacy one way or another.

Fred.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^i apologize if you werent the one in particular who brought those albums up, but it was coming from your side of the chalk lines. not ours.

yes, their legacy wouldve been affected if they didnt release any albums after the '90s. their legacies didnt get propped up until after they started moving crazy units. most of these media outlets didnt go back and start revising history until after stankonia and especial sb/tlb.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Because they were never better than Bone, as much as Hip hop ties to act like Bone didnt exist

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
@Wacky D

So first you say nothing was dope after Aquemeni

Then you switch up, and say So Fresh So clean an Ms Jackson was the shyt
:what:

nah.

im not trying to diss your right now, but this goes back to what i was just telling Ayo B-EZ on the last page about how people take stuff way-way out of context on here.....for further clarification on the situation with that wierd nicca.

but yea, im not coming at your neck so no need to take offense to that......but i never said this. what i said was that all their albums after aquemeni stunk. i didnt say that all of their songs were wack. in fact, i even went out of my way to say that some of their best songs were on stankonia, including those 2.

We had them to ourselves for the 1st 3 albums but after that the world caught on, happens all the time in music, its just that hip hop doesnt get that many and if they do wanna do sometihng different musically, we dont let them back.

on some real chit, do yall not read anything before you post, or do you just disregard everything thats being put on the table.

outkast was NEVER a group that hip-hop fans had to ourselves. never at any point were they such a group. i dont understand how you can be such a fan of the group and not know the basics of their career.

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
on some real chit, do yall not read anything before you post, or do you just disregard everything thats being put on the table.

outkast was NEVER a group that hip-hop fans had to ourselves. never at any point were they such a group. i dont understand how you can be such a fan of the group and not know the basics of their career.

I do know their career, im outernational so im not hung up on some of the regional b.s i see on here, im just a hip hop head.

thats how I got into kast, 94 was good year fam, we was eating good if you had an open ear, Death Dow was nothing like Hiero, BCC was nothing like Bad Boy, Native Tongues still going, the Wu, Nas all that good shyt, yeah im an old man now but i remember the source reviewing Southernplayalistic, at a time when the source was still relevant and saying Kast was coming off like Hiero, Git Up Get Out got the Quotable...

Maybe I just dont know the pop charts to that fam but i didnt see them blow up, like old ladies, lil kids, singing kast tunes till Stank, if im wrong statiscally speaking or you disagree, is cool.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
:what: NO.

:wtf: duke, you aint even from up here. how the hell you gonna tell me? people in the 30s are the main people that i associate with on a daily basis.

lol @ "was it jay who admitted it?"

man, scarface had heavy influence on east coast hip-hop. from biggie to jay to dmx to beanie siegal. the list goes on and on. no offense but you sound silly right now. i cant even believe im having this discussion.

luke made music for the clubs and it was huge in the clubs. to this day, niccas go crazy when "doo doo brown", etc come on. your fault is that youre talking about throwing on some luke around a bunch of niccas just sitting around chillin. did you try to put some slow jams on too?:laugh: also, you fail to mention what type of crowd you hung around when you were up top. for all we know, you couldve been hanging around a bunch of.

Come on nikka what world you trying to create?

No I'm not from up there but I did live in brownsville, brooklyn. I dealt and always deal with real nikkas!

So you gonna try and tell us that prior to....maybe 98, rappers from up there would have the balls and humble to cite scarface or any other southern rapper as their influence??? GTFOH!

Like I said, you can ask Face himself about the treatment he received. I'm sure we can dig up some old Source or Rappages articles.

Why you think that not too long ago even on sohh there was beef wit the south and east posters? Why you think people seem to relish that ny fell off? It's payback (over kill) for how the south was treated all them years. And before the south was fighting the bias the WEST was. Ny didn't wonna give props to the west! Wasn't that what Bow Down was about? Remember Tim Dog and "fukk Compton"? That was the typical attitude of ny then toward nwa getting shine.

The west was wondering how come their hits weren't getting any play on eastcoast radio.

Now I'm not saying no one had the tapes, but yall wouldn't give the artists any props! If the music was played on the radio the callers would have a fit!

And Kast not in my GOAT convo cause I don't believe in GOAT. I have too many different moods and tastes. But yeah the revisionist attitude toward kast is because we slept on their greatness. The only group better than DF (subjective) is Wu.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Come on nikka what world you trying to create?

No I'm not from up there but I did live in brownsville, brooklyn. I dealt and always deal with real nikkas!

So you gonna try and tell us that prior to....maybe 98, rappers from up there would have the balls and humble to cite scarface or any other southern rapper as their influence??? GTFOH!

Like I said, you can ask Face himself about the treatment he received. I'm sure we can dig up some old Source or Rappages articles.

Why you think that not too long ago even on sohh there was beef wit the south and east posters? Why you think people seem to relish that ny fell off? It's payback (over kill) for how the south was treated all them years. And before the south was fighting the bias the WEST was. Ny didn't wonna give props to the west! Wasn't that what Bow Down was about? Remember Tim Dog and "fukk Compton"? That was the typical attitude of ny then toward nwa getting shine.

The west was wondering how come their hits weren't getting any play on eastcoast radio.

Now I'm not saying no one had the tapes, but yall wouldn't give the artists any props! If the music was played on the radio the callers would have a fit!

And Kast not in my GOAT convo cause I don't believe in GOAT. I have too many different moods and tastes. But yeah the revisionist attitude toward kast is because we slept on their greatness. The only group better than DF (subjective) is Wu.

:rudy:how you gonna be in here reppin brooklyn and not know that their traces of scarface all over mad biggie records?

you just killed your whole argument with the bolded. this chit is stupid at this point.

and im not denying bias. i bring it up all the time WHEN APPROPRIATE. but some of yall are going off on the deep end here.

nobody slept-on outkast. they had a big machine behind them before they even came out. it was impossible to sleep on them. cut it out. they had a good run. theyre just not all-timers. simple as that. they could be your favorites. some of my favorites werent even as important as them. you dont see me in here overhyping niccas' legacies.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
alright fellas. we hittin that 15 page mark. time for chapter 2. heres your chance to redeem yourself.

the next reason. and this is my favorite:
outkast does NOT have the catalog to compete with the true goats. they dont have any ALL-TIME albums, songs, verses, lines, NONE OF THAT. if you try to compare catalogs, you'll realize that youre in way over your head.

Nah, not really. They're closer to being the GOAT than to being trash.

you could say the same for about 100 other groups.

I do know their career, im outernational so im not hung up on some of the regional b.s i see on here, im just a hip hop head.

thats how I got into kast, 94 was good year fam, we was eating good if you had an open ear, Death Dow was nothing like Hiero, BCC was nothing like Bad Boy, Native Tongues still going, the Wu, Nas all that good shyt, yeah im an old man now but i remember the source reviewing Southernplayalistic, at a time when the source was still relevant and saying Kast was coming off like Hiero, Git Up Get Out got the Quotable...

Maybe I just dont know the pop charts to that fam but i didnt see them blow up, like old ladies, lil kids, singing kast tunes till Stank, if im wrong statiscally speaking or you disagree, is cool.

:usure: i think you need to read the last few pages.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
alright fellas. we hittin that 15 page mark.

:deadhorse: c'mon y'all let it die wacky just wants his thread to do #s. He doesn't even believe half the shyt he says, he just wants to keep the argument going. Out of many different posters that have commented on this thread nobody has cosigned the shyt he says but his alias ayo-bez

Hate to say it but we have been :troll:ed

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^youre in denial.

plenty of people have cosigned. and how many people are yall gonna claim are my alias? ayo-bez is like the 3rd person that yall claimed to be an alias of mine in this thread.

all my chit is on point. if you scared, say you scared. but dont accuse me of trolling or trying to do numbers. thats some bullchit. you just know that your team aint all that official.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
outkast is moreso in the brand nubian, cypress hill, MOP, TRU, clipse, UGK, 8ball & MJG sector.

Daps
Shut up already you attention starved fakkit. Do you need some more minutes on your phone to give your mother a call? Somebody help this fool feel loved PLEASE