Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
they were the first non bamma southern act i can recall. rap a lot was more gangsta rap and closely tied to what was happening out of LA due to their southwestern proximity.

Luke was bass or booty shake music. Poison Clan was dope but country as fukk and crude.

Outkast & Goodie were the first ones on some purist shyt. from the beats to the thought behind the rhymes to actual skill sets.

So basically we're in agreement that NY didn't fukk with the South?

Outkast were the first group to at least make ny consider that "the south has something to say" about hip hop?

You get props for knowing bout Poison Clan!

Of course there were headz who had southern and western artists music, but you didn't brag bout that shyt and it damn sho got zero play on the radio. There was a small segment in clubs when they played booty music and that's what the south was known to be good for.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The general populous don't know about that shyt. That Big Poppa' shyt was foul. Plus to add to the fact, BIG looked like he just got off that SPCM set as well:scusthov:

Truth be told. NY wasn't on that Playa shyt at that time. It was all about the army certified suits and sneak an Uzi in the island in my army lining jacket(and Nas is my favorite MC). Diddy was hanging in the A at that time. Kast took it back to the Kangols and playa shyt from the late 80s. Diddy borrowed that along with West Coast gangsterism(but that's another story) and gave it to BIG.

Scust at OP trying to shyt on the DF.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Hopefully for his love of trannys too.

:what: cool out with all that gay chit. what the hell is your problem? i understand that you want to troll me for whatever strange reason, but this is some ole other chit.

youre creepin me the f**k out with your lil obsession to the point where im thinking about reporting you. nobody wants to read that wierdo chit youre typing.

I'm gone say this then I'm done cause to have to be trolling, I'm ashamed I gave you this much attention

How could people not fukk with the cd if they where buying it from you
And how you gone tell me what MY experiences where. Around my way stankonia and supreme clientele were the most talked about albums of 2000 so naturally nikkas took sides and debated it. And no the Internet was not poppin nikkas still had dial up you couldn't even do half the stuff you can on the Internet, it was not yet synonymous with pop culture as it is today, only nerds and college students where up on it. The average person couldn't even type let alone navigate the Internet.

That's it I'm done, be proud you are the first person I have ever negged and you have more than earned it, not because of your opinion, but because of your total lack of the ability have an objective intelligent conversation about your opinion.

:what: USE SOME COMMON SENSE BOY!!! have you never bought a cd that you didnt like? ESPECIALLY AT WHOLESALE PRICE SPENDING SOME CHUMP-CHANGE? yet youre in here trying to play me off as the crazy one? stop it.

im not the one to try and tell somebody what they experienced, but that post you dropped was bizzare to say the least. the fact that you seem to think that people are automatically fans of an album that they spent $5 on, leads me to think that you are just green. you prolly were in the barbershop one day when people were throwing around albums that they liked that year, heard stankonia be mentioned and ran with it. AGAIN, im not the one to argue people down about what they saw but the stories you tell, the way you tell them, and all the extra stuff that you include; they tend to lead people to think that youre either lying or that you are/were green. thats all im saying. i wasnt trying to alienate you.

:what: the hell are you talking about? PEOPLE ARE STILL USING DIAL-UP RIGHT NOW IN 2012!!!!!! you sound like you never been anywhere. lol @ "the average person couldnt even type".:facepalm:

THE INTERNET WAS INDEED POP-CULTURE IN THE '90s. it wasnt just nerds and college students on there by the mid-90s. youre taking that "nerds and college students" quote from that thread where dude was referringt to how the internet was years prior to the period that we're talking about.

im not gonna really respond to specific shyt cause its tedious but ima say a few things. this thread = a buncha dudes mad at another dudes opinion. a buncha circle talking over whos opinion matters and whatever else. this is a forum, if you cant handle it than stop posting. a lot of posts here are total wastes of time

heres the truth. on the east coast, kast was a 4 mic group with 5 mic potential. just like dude posted before, everyone had their shyt, but it wasnt anyones shyt. but NYC fukked with kast. a lot of you let the source awards fuel your hate.

wacky also hit it on the head with how outkast was marketed. they were seen as pop cause andre playing dress up and they were on mtv shuckin n jiving. call it what you want. no rapper did hey ya before, that DOES NOT MEAN its not pop. ms jackson is pop.outkast are marketed to sell records,they are pop music on a pop label. you wanna deny it , lie to yourself.

i just listed every group with equal catalogs. you all ignore it. you will bring up kasts sales to justify opinions, or awards and accolades. if you dont feel outkast's history has been revised YOU ARE fukkING CRAZY. andre all of a sudden in top 10 lists and he drops a verse a year and can stay rrelevent. staying relevant is irrelevant to this discussion. dudes were never THE shyt

Outkast may have 1 album on the "true 5 mic classic list". MAYBE. they dont have 4 5 mic albums so again "100%" is false from you fred. de la soul and mobb deep both have similar catalogs. you wont see the hype machine bring them into the top 3 category

and not for nothing, my neighborhood is more populated and diverse than some of yall citys, my city is the power behind entire state economys surrounding it. you know nothing of the east coast perception or life no matter how much you guys seen new york and philly on your tvs. we fukk with the south. we fukk with everywhere theres money. and in my travels outkast is never a top priority except on here

this thread is filled with hate cause dudes are stans. wacky is almost 100% on point and ive disagreed with him many times. ive listened to outkast long before they got 5 mics, aint noone hating kast. but they are overhyped, overrated and could barely hang in the realm with real top group contenders.

:clap::clap:

well-said.

and yea, thats the bottom line. they were never THE CHIT. people in here revising history like a mug. its not like im in here saying that kast was wack in the '90s. im not even denying the fact that theyre legends. but this goat chit? this top 10 all-time talk? nah. but lets pause that right there because thats gonna be the next OFFICIAL point that i make. i see that i have to do it today, since this thread has already took us there.

and while its tru that there were alot of people up here that would either hate on or downplay artists from other coasts, its not as bad as outsiders try to make it seem. and groups like outkast didnt face that much regional bias. their style was backpack with an r&b rap appeal. i layed out the main reason why there was heat on outkast when they came out, and these dudes completely ignored it. yet, they want to get mad and say "you cant have an intelligent conversation."

and they want to play both sides of the fence. one minute, theyre saying that alot of people didnt like kast in the south and said that they were mis-representing. then the next minute, theyre falsely claiming that outkast put the south on the map.

i put outkast on when a chicks in the car

i cant even do that most of the time.:laugh:

Daps
:what: cool out with all that gay chit. what the hell is your problem? i understand that you want to troll me for whatever strange reason, but this is some ole other chit.

youre creepin me the f**k out with your lil obsession to the point where im thinking about reporting you. nobody wants to read that wierdo chit youre typing.

Exactly what I would expect a tranny loving fakkit to do :ld:

Daps
You get the treatment because it sickens me when fakkits like you try to act like some kind of authority, using words like "real heads" STFU

This nikka bumps KRS One while dikking tranny's in the ass

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
I would put up just the first three albums against any other group's work. Tribe, NWA, Wu, Mobb Deep, PE, Geto Boys, Bone etc.

I was thinking that reading this thread...

cant think of many groups who put out 3 albums of that quality, and all are different..

its not like they had stuc to a winning platinum formula, to me they are like AtCQ and De La in that sense, popular debuts with a distinctive sound and they wasnt afraid to go a diff route 2nd time round.

We had them to ourselves for the 1st 3 albums but after that the world caught on, happens all the time in music, its just that hip hop doesnt get that many and if they do wanna do sometihng different musically, we dont let them back.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Can we agree that even after going the more commercial/pop route post Aquemeni, they were still pretty damn dope

:what: NO.

Alright breh, I was rockin with ya for a moment up until this...

This shows me you don't know what you're talking bout.

We can ask anyone on this site from the tri-state and are 30 or older and they will well remember how it was!

Wasn't until a lil while ago that Scarface begun to get props. Probably when...was it Jay who admitted he felt Face? And Geto Boys.....:stopitslime: nikka is you crazy? With country ass Willie D in it?

2 Live Crew, I personally used to play them and Luke for NY headz and they'd tell me to "turn that Florida bullshyt off".

I'm telling you I LIVED THIS MANG.

Go ask Luke himself, go ask Geto boys themselves, how they were treated when on tour with East Coast artists.

:wtf: duke, you aint even from up here. how the hell you gonna tell me? people in the 30s are the main people that i associate with on a daily basis.

lol @ "was it jay who admitted it?"

man, scarface had heavy influence on east coast hip-hop. from biggie to jay to dmx to beanie siegal. the list goes on and on. no offense but you sound silly right now. i cant even believe im having this discussion.

luke made music for the clubs and it was huge in the clubs. to this day, niccas go crazy when "doo doo brown", etc come on. your fault is that youre talking about throwing on some luke around a bunch of niccas just sitting around chillin. did you try to put some slow jams on too?:laugh: also, you fail to mention what type of crowd you hung around when you were up top. for all we know, you couldve been hanging around a bunch of poo-put dudes.

There is a lot to address and I'm short on time.

Outkast did not have a bunch of white fans prior to "Stankonia". 90% of the white people I talk to think that's their first album, and no white person outside of myself was checking for them when I lived in the city. Literally not 1 person.

As far as NY fukking with 'kast and/or the south, bullshyt. Raekwon himself said he did "Skew It On The Bar-B" specifically to help raise their profile in NY, because nobody down there was giving them a chance.

As far as "'kast was marketed to sell records", again bullshyt. They changed their sound 5x and did 100% opposite of whatever was hot at the time. Do you seriously think their label said, "what's hot now....ok, do the exact opposite!". Are you high?

Fred.

:cmon: aquemini went like triple-platinum without making an impact on black culture. obviously they had a huge white fanbase. and i knew PLENTY of white people. they rode with outkast before stankonia. im not saying that they were as big with white people before stankonia(that was just a whole nother animal), but they were definitely on-deck when aquemini was out.

"rosa parks" was a bigger crossover smash than it was a hip-hop smash. at that time, outside of the slim shady lp, "aquemini" was that rap album that you saw way more white people listening to than black people.

yes. raekwon did the song to RAISE their profile. not give them a profile. we were listening to kast up here since SPCM. but they were never a factor. they were just a good group that some people liked. they werent a big deal or anything(thats pretty much what people like myself & AYO-BEZ have been saying).

most of kast's appeal to their record buyers was indeed the fact that they were the opposite of whats going on. are YOU high? and by marketed, im referring to the way that the album was promoted. i already made that pretty dam clear.

This, 100%. The problem is people are trying to use "Stankonia" and "Love Below" to discredit those first 3 albums....that ain't how shyt works. If we retroactively took away props according to who fell off, none of the people listed in this thread would have classics.

Fred.

no we're not. this is nonsense.

YALL ARE THE ONES that were bringing those albums up in the 1st place. trying to prop them up because they moved crazy units. we were just responding and putting those albums in their proper perspective.

if you follow our posts that werent specifically in response to what yall were saying; our overall theme was mainly focusing on their actual prime years. yall took it to the stankonias & TLBs. and it backfired on yall.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
no we're not. this is nonsense.

YALL ARE THE ONES that were bringing those albums up in the 1st place. trying to prop them up because they moved crazy units. we were just responding and putting those albums in their proper perspective.

if you follow our posts that werent specifically in response to what yall were saying; our overall theme was mainly focusing on their actual prime years. yall took it to the stankonias & TLBs. and it backfired on yall.

wooooord. dudes cant comprehend, dont back their points and disregard everything said and they want all of the above and more. idk what all the tranny talk is with you bruh but dudes take this shyt too seriously. the fact im getting PMs filled with hate says enough. the best argument they have in here is "more people in this thread agree with us instead of you"... there are MORE dumb people than smart people in the world. i only speak in logical mathematics, ill let them figure out how common sense works and what that means

THEY WERE GOOD ALBUMS. outkast dont have an album that could TOUCH the infamous, or 36 chambers, etc. i fukking LOVE atliens. i LOVE legal drug money too. and a LOT of other hip hop albums. Dudes will always be upset cause kast is their rhyming heros and they prolly not from the northeast. im sorry we're the center of the world yall, but ya 4 mic group had major competition.

dudes need to make threads for clarification on what is pop music cause of this shyt. :pachaha: shyts amazing:laff:

the way dudes in here talk, youd think kast had bone thugs/wu prime buzz their whole career

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
they were the first non bamma southern act i can recall.
Outkast & Goodie were the first ones on some purist shyt.

they were the epitomy of bamma. especially the goodie mob.

you were better off saying that they were the 1st southern act on the so-called purist tip.

Word. nikkaz acting like OutKast was some pop group designed to sell records. How are you going to be pop group making music against the grain? And doing it very well. OP acts like he never heard all the pro black and left field shyt in their music from the first album. Songs like D.E.E.P, Git out, Mainstream, Thought Process, Liberation, Growing Old, Benz or Beamer, Gangsta shyt, Sky high, Babylon, etc. And that's just off the top of my head.

LaFace was totally aginst their musical choices on each album, but since LA Reid had been proven wrong with the first few ONP releases which he wrongly thought were not marketable, he let the DF do them and it worked. Sometimes shyt just works.

OP is true to his name. That nikka is just WACK. Trying to rewrite history.

ever heard of arrested development? the fugees?

white folks love the pro-black, yet safe/non-threatening rappers.

you in here acting like outkast is dead prez or some chit.:laugh:

This just goes to show the OP ignorance on this subject. Kast opened doors for the South. They were one of the first Southern groups to be taken seriously by NY hip-hop media and NY heads. There is a reason why an unknown group from the South was getting recognition from The Source and other hip-hop media.

Diddy(who directed their first video) swagga jacked their style and told Big to run with it. "Throw your hands in the air, if yous a true playa" was a chant Kast used during their live performances of Playas Ball while they were on the Chitlin circuit with Big and Bad Boy. Diddy and BIG borrowed that and used it as a hook for their song.

Anybody who is even remotely aware of the legacy of the DF knows the DF was above selling out.

:beli:

what ignorance? if you put your pom-poms down and actually read big mel's post outside of just "we listened to outkast". you would know that aside from his signature embellishing on the slick, his overall post was in line with what i was already saying.

lol @ outkast putting the south on the map. if that were the case, then the landscape of rap wouldve changed earlier. they didnt put anybody on the map but the dungeon family. the people that you are arguing side-by-side with have already said the opposite of what youre trying to claim.

yet, im the one thats ignorant?:wtf:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they were the epitomy of bamma. especially the goodie mob.

you were better off saying that they were the 1st southern act on the so-called purist tip.

ever heard of arrested development? the fugees?

white folks love the pro-black, yet safe/non-threatening rappers.

you in here acting like outkast is dead prez or some chit.:laugh:

:beli:

what ignorance? if you put your pom-poms down and actually read big mel's post outside of just "we listened to outkast". you would know that aside from his signature embellishing on the slick, his overall post was in line with what i was already saying.

lol @ outkast putting the south on the map. if that were the case, then the landscape of rap wouldve changed earlier. they didnt put anybody on the map but the dungeon family. the people that you are arguing side-by-side with have already said the opposite of what youre trying to claim.

yet, im the one thats ignorant?:wtf:

You are a fukking Moron. No need to go back and forth with an idiot such as yourself.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

images

wooooord. dudes cant comprehend, dont back their points and disregard everything said and they want all of the above and more. idk what all the tranny talk is with you bruh but dudes take this shyt too seriously. the fact im getting PMs filled with hate says enough. the best argument they have in here is "more people in this thread agree with us instead of you"... there are MORE dumb people than smart people in the world. i only speak in logical mathematics, ill let them figure out how common sense works and what that means

THEY WERE GOOD ALBUMS. outkast dont have an album that could TOUCH the infamous, or 36 chambers, etc. i fukking LOVE atliens. i LOVE legal drug money too. and a LOT of other hip hop albums. Dudes will always be upset cause kast is their rhyming heros and they prolly not from the northeast. im sorry we're the center of the world yall, but ya 4 mic group had major competition.

dudes need to make threads for clarification on what is pop music cause of this shyt. :pachaha: shyts amazing:laff:

the way dudes in here talk, youd think kast had bone thugs/wu prime buzz their whole career
:piss::troll:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
@WackyD
So what did you hate about Ms Jackson and So Fresh??

:what: LEARN HOW TO READ BOY.

those songs are my chit.

You are a fukking Moron. No need to go back and forth with an idiot such as yourself.

please explain your elementary logic in how outkast put the south on the map.

this should be good.:popcorn:

exactly. u know these dudes is down for the count when they suddenly start posting a bunch of smileys, pics and 1-line posts that consist of nothing but insults.

the funny thing is that most these dudes in here talking this south chit aint even from the south. the south dont even hold outkast in the same regard as these new era internet cats. and you hit it right on the mark with that lost boyz comment. i caught hell on the other site for saying that they were lost boyz status in their prime. hell, the lost boyz were actually bigger than them for a good while.

i think alot of the people in here are noobs that werent even around back then. i know for a fact that some of the people in the thread i made on the other site cant even name 20 legendary rap groups.

and i kinda understand why theyre reacting like this. as you said, these dudes have been looking up to kast as rap heroes for the longest. it has to hurt when you find out that its just a lie. a few years ago, i witnessed 1st hand, somebody getting clowned when they were forced to realize that busta rhymes isnt a goat contender. this dude seriously grew up thinking that busta was THAT DUDE and in regards to his era, he thought that busta was on equal footing with people like jay, nas, dmx, etc. i literally saw that nicca's heart stop for like 15 seconds. what made it worst was that he was kinda like an "in my own world" nicca like these guys, and he was getting clowned by niccas like myself. i actually felt sorry for dude.

as for this bul and his tranny obsession. i already shut him down, but just like these other dudes, he disregards everything and continues on with his f*ckery. the difference is, his nonsense is gonna land him in a bad place.

and its no secret what hes talking about either. basically, its some chit that was taken way out of context(sorta like homie above that thinks i hates "ms jackson" & "so fresh so clean" despite the fact that i never said anything of that sort). then like 10 dudes ran with it for a good 15 minutes until they were forced to lean back.

that chit is mad old and its bullchit. thats prolly why even the people in this thread that hate my guts, arent even willing to stoop low enough to cosign that clown. i shut him down days ago right here:

:wtf: either youre getting me mixed up with somebody else or youre an idiot. i think i know what youre talking about, so let me set the record str8 since i see you trolling in here with this fakkit chit.

i think what youre referring to is a joke i made TOWARDS A FEMALE, that was taken out of context by social misfits who cant comprehend a conversation and literally thought that i was the real wacky d and thought that the scene from cb4 that i posted up in that same convo was an actual music video that i did. not to mention that the joke i made gave off no inclination of me dealing with trannys, jackass.

why dont you post the transcript. and while youre at it, post the previous thread that spawned the joke. and you'd see that i didnt even know the 1st thing about a f**kin tranny.

this is why i rarely post in threads that dont relate to entertainment. theres too much of a social gap with the bulk of the posters here, to the point where they cant even follow a typed out conversation.

and mind you, if i was gay, i would make that chit known myself. i dont give a f*ck. and more importantly, it wouldnt have anything to do with this thread. f**kin wierdo.

Daps
as for this bul and his tranny obsession. i already shut him down, but just like these other dudes, he disregards everything and continues on with his f*ckery. the difference is, his nonsense is gonna land him in a bad place.

and its no secret what hes talking about either. that chit is mad old and its bullchit. thats prolly why even the people in this thread that hate my guts, arent even willing to stoop low enough to cosign that clown. i shut him down days ago right here:

KRS One said to take your dikk out of his nose