Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Daps
That's it I'm done, be proud you are the first person I have ever negged and you have more than earned it, not because of your opinion, but because of your total lack of the ability have an objective intelligent conversation about your opinion.

Hopefully for his love of trannys too.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
im not gonna really respond to specific shyt cause its tedious but ima say a few things. this thread = a buncha dudes mad at another dudes opinion. a buncha circle talking over whos opinion matters and whatever else. this is a forum, if you cant handle it than stop posting. a lot of posts here are total wastes of time

heres the truth. on the east coast, kast was a 4 mic group with 5 mic potential. just like dude posted before, everyone had their shyt, but it wasnt anyones shyt. but NYC fukked with kast. a lot of you let the source awards fuel your hate.

wacky also hit it on the head with how outkast was marketed. they were seen as pop cause andre playing dress up and they were on mtv shuckin n jiving. call it what you want. no rapper did hey ya before, that DOES NOT MEAN its not pop. ms jackson is pop.outkast are marketed to sell records,they are pop music on a pop label. you wanna deny it , lie to yourself.

i just listed every group with equal catalogs. you all ignore it. you will bring up kasts sales to justify opinions, or awards and accolades. if you dont feel outkast's history has been revised YOU ARE fukkING CRAZY. andre all of a sudden in top 10 lists and he drops a verse a year and can stay rrelevent. staying relevant is irrelevant to this discussion. dudes were never THE shyt

Outkast may have 1 album on the "true 5 mic classic list". MAYBE. they dont have 4 5 mic albums so again "100%" is false from you fred. de la soul and mobb deep both have similar catalogs. you wont see the hype machine bring them into the top 3 category

and not for nothing, my neighborhood is more populated and diverse than some of yall citys, my city is the power behind entire state economys surrounding it. you know nothing of the east coast perception or life no matter how much you guys seen new york and philly on your tvs. we fukk with the south. we fukk with everywhere theres money. and in my travels outkast is never a top priority except on here

this thread is filled with hate cause dudes are stans. wacky is almost 100% on point and ive disagreed with him many times. ive listened to outkast long before they got 5 mics, aint noone hating kast. but they are overhyped, overrated and could barely hang in the realm with real top group contenders.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
:
this is false. no offense but you people that always say stuff like this, often times have never seen any parts of the east coast.

the geto boys were WAY MORE relevant in real-time on the east coast than they are now in retrospect. most east coast geto boys fans are in that 30 & up crowd.

and to take it back further, the whole luke/2 live crew conglomerate was big. otherwise, theres no way luke would be the historical figure that he is now.

Alright breh, I was rockin with ya for a moment up until this...

This shows me you don't know what you're talking bout.

We can ask anyone on this site from the tri-state and are 30 or older and they will well remember how it was!

Wasn't until a lil while ago that Scarface begun to get props. Probably when...was it Jay who admitted he felt Face? And Geto Boys.....:stopitslime: nikka is you crazy? With country ass Willie D in it?

2 Live Crew, I personally used to play them and Luke for NY headz and they'd tell me to "turn that Florida bullshyt off".

I'm telling you I LIVED THIS MANG.

Go ask Luke himself, go ask Geto boys themselves, how they were treated when on tour with East Coast artists.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Alright breh, I was rockin with ya for a moment up until this...

This shows me you don't know what you're talking bout.

We can ask anyone on this site from the tri-state and are 30 or older and they will well remember how it was!

Wasn't until a lil while ago that Scarface begun to get props. Probably when...was it Jay who admitted he felt Face? And Geto Boys.....:stopitslime: nikka is you crazy? With country ass Willie D in it?

2 Live Crew, I personally used to play them and Luke for NY headz and they'd tell me to "turn that Florida bullshyt off".

I'm telling you I LIVED THIS MANG.

Go ask Luke himself, go ask Geto boys themselves, how they were treated when on tour with East Coast artists.

Yup...

Outside of "Mind Playin' Tricks" and "Scarface"... I don't recall The Geto Boys being that big on the East Coast. They were kinda one of the token groups who got a lil' play on the East, but if you wanna talk about people from outside of NY who got love on the East, you pretty much gotta go to LA with NWA, Ice Cube, and Cypress Hill's 1st album. Wasn't much South shyt gettin THAT much run.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is a lot to address and I'm short on time.

Outkast did not have a bunch of white fans prior to "Stankonia". 90% of the white people I talk to think that's their first album, and no white person outside of myself was checking for them when I lived in the city. Literally not 1 person.

As far as NY fukking with 'kast and/or the south, bullshyt. Raekwon himself said he did "Skew It On The Bar-B" specifically to help raise their profile in NY, because nobody down there was giving them a chance.

As far as "'kast was marketed to sell records", again bullshyt. They changed their sound 5x and did 100% opposite of whatever was hot at the time. Do you seriously think their label said, "what's hot now....ok, do the exact opposite!". Are you high?

Fred.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would put up just the first three albums against any other group's work. Tribe, NWA, Wu, Mobb Deep, PE, Geto Boys, Bone etc.

OutKast's discography stands toe to toe with any hip-hop group.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I would put up just the first three albums against any other group's work. Tribe, NWA, Wu, Mobb Deep, PE, Geto Boys, Bone etc.

OutKast's discography stands toe to toe with any hip-hop group.

This, 100%. The problem is people are trying to use "Stankonia" and "Love Below" to discredit those first 3 albums....that ain't how shyt works. If we retroactively took away props according to who fell off, none of the people listed in this thread would have classics.

Fred.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This, 100%. The problem is people are trying to use "Stankonia" and "Love Below" to discredit those first 3 albums....that ain't how shyt works. If we retroactively took away props according to who fell off, none of the people listed in this thread would have classics.

Fred.

Word. nikkaz acting like OutKast was some pop group designed to sell records. How are you going to be pop group making music against the grain? And doing it very well. OP acts like he never heard all the pro black and left field shyt in their music from the first album. Songs like D.E.E.P, Git out, Mainstream, Thought Process, Liberation, Growing Old, Benz or Beamer, Gangsta shyt, Sky high, Babylon, etc. And that's just off the top of my head.

LaFace was totally aginst their musical choices on each album, but since LA Reid had been proven wrong with the first few ONP releases which he wrongly thought were not marketable, he let the DF do them and it worked. Sometimes shyt just works.

OP is true to his name. That nikka is just WACK. Trying to rewrite history.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
There is a lot to address and I'm short on time.

Outkast did not have a bunch of white fans prior to "Stankonia". 90% of the white people I talk to think that's their first album, and no white person outside of myself was checking for them when I lived in the city. Literally not 1 person.

As far as NY fukking with 'kast and/or the south, bullshyt. Raekwon himself said he did "Skew It On The Bar-B" specifically to help raise their profile in NY, because nobody down there was giving them a chance.

As far as "'kast was marketed to sell records", again bullshyt. They changed their sound 5x and did 100% opposite of whatever was hot at the time. Do you seriously think their label said, "what's hot now....ok, do the exact opposite!". Are you high?

Fred.

I am from New York. All the heads fukked with Outkast from the first album on up. Everyone had their album and Goodie Mob's album. Everyone. Every person who stayed up on current hip hop and was more than a base fan were fukking with them. ATLiens was even better and was some people i know's favorite album that year. All in New York.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am from New York. All the heads fukked with Outkast from the first album on up. Everyone had their album and Goodie Mob's album. Everyone. Every person who stayed up on current hip hop and was more than a base fan were fukking with them. ATLiens was even better and was some people i know's favorite album that year. All in New York.

This just goes to show the OP ignorance on this subject. Kast opened doors for the South. They were one of the first Southern groups to be taken seriously by NY hip-hop media and NY heads. There is a reason why an unknown group from the South was getting recognition from The Source and other hip-hop media.

Diddy(who directed their first video) swagga jacked their style and told Big to run with it. "Throw your hands in the air, if yous a true playa" was a chant Kast used during their live performances of Playas Ball while they were on the Chitlin circuit with Big and Bad Boy. Diddy and BIG borrowed that and used it as a hook for their song.

Anybody who is even remotely aware of the legacy of the DF knows the DF was above selling out.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
they were the first non bamma southern act i can recall. rap a lot was more gangsta rap and closely tied to what was happening out of LA due to their southwestern proximity.

Luke was bass or booty shake music. Poison Clan was dope but country as fukk and crude.

Outkast & Goodie were the first ones on some purist shyt. from the beats to the thought behind the rhymes to actual skill sets.

Daps
Diddy(who directed their first video) swagga jacked their style and told Big to run with it. "Throw your hands in the air, if yous a true playa" was a chant Kast used during their live performances of Playas Ball while they were on the Chitlin circuit with Big and Bad Boy. Diddy and BIG borrowed that and used it as a hook for their song.
The general populous don't know about that shyt. That Big Poppa' shyt was foul. Plus to add to the fact, BIG looked like he just got off that SPCM set as well:scusthov: