Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Influence goes beyond who somebody sounds like and having clones. How many groups actually sound like Run DMC? Run DMC's influence doesn't run deep because they fathered a bunch of clones, it runs deep because Run DMC is the reason a lot of rappers even picked up a mic. Their influence also runs deep because the group is a touchstone for groups that came after (hence groups being compared to them).

Being a mainstream act has nothing to do with it. Neither does being from the suburbs.

I can only agree with half of this Run-DMC absolutely fathered clones and in fact, their music inspired an entire shift in how rap sounded after '83. They're directly credited for 1- rap production switching from the 'band' sound to the drum machine era, and 2- their rap style that had everybody screamin' hard on the mic for like three years straight. They changed how rappers dressed and prformed as well...

The rest of your post is also true, they def. were the inspiration to a lot of people who started rapping and blew hip-hop up... they get lots of credit/respect, but I think even in that case, people tend to leave out just how big their influence and impact was.

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Outkast being Neo Soul....dear sweet heaven
tenor.gif

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nikka i just gave you the era, you're the one playing dumb. They gotta run shyt to be the goat now? Nas is the consensus goat on this board, he's never ran shyt. Never.

YOU F*CKIN RIGHT YOU GOTTA RUN CHIT.

you cant just be a midcard group in your era, then all of a sudden be boosted into ALL-TIME goat discussions. that chit is ridic.

nas is consensus goat ON THIS BOARD. get caught up in real-life.
and nas aint even consensus goat on this board neither. when I ran the goat tournament, 2pac won that. lol. youre throwing worthless chit at the wall at this point.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
YOU F*CKIN RIGHT YOU GOTTA RUN CHIT.

you cant just be a midcard group in your era, then all of a sudden be boosted into ALL-TIME goat discussions. that chit is ridic.

nas is consensus goat ON THIS BOARD. get caught up in real-life.
and nas aint even consensus goat on this board neither. when I ran the goat tournament, 2pac won that. lol. youre throwing worthless chit at the wall at this point.

You got people that argue to the death that Jay was never #1, but he is still GOAT to many. Even crazier is that most of the artists who were supposed to be bigger are even in the discussion.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You keep running to the coast shyt.

man if you don't get the f*ck outta here.

anybody can read the transcript and see you dudes constantly trying to play the coastal card, and me constantly saying it has nothing to do with that.

matter fact, get the f*ck outta my thread clown. you just showed your whole ass. theres no validity to anything that you say at this point.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You got people that argue to the death that Jay was never #1, but he is still GOAT to many. Even crazier is that most of the artists who were supposed to be bigger are even in the discussion.

jay was top-tier in the game for 6 years straight, back when rap was still competitive.

whether you think he was absolutely #1 is neither here nor there. even if you think he was 2nd or 3rd, that's still a whole world of difference than being a mid-carder.

btw, when people argue about that on here, they usually base everything on sales. ive seen names like Eminem, jarule, Ludacris & nelly thrown around in those convos. I don't even take that chit seriously.

FYI, jay isn't in my top 5.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
OP is still emotional, arguing with himself now.

I can tell he lives in his moms basement and prob gets no p*ssy

Its ok breh, im sure yo momma still love u

so this is your response?

go all the way off-topic and try to insult me by describing YOUR actual life.

outkast fans yall:mjlol:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jay was top-tier in the game for 6 years straight, back when rap was still competitive.

whether you think he was absolutely #1 is neither here nor there. even if you think he was 2nd or 3rd, that's still a whole world of difference than being a mid-carder.

btw, when people argue about that on here, they usually base everything on sales. ive seen names like Eminem, jarule, Ludacris & nelly thrown around in those convos. I don't even take that chit seriously.

FYI, jay isn't in my top 5.

But being top tier =/= running anything though. You're moving goal posts. Jay is slighted in the same way you're attempting to slight Kast. "How is Jay possibly GOAT when he was never #1?" is a common argument.

And you don't even believe Kast was a mid carder. You had them at or near the top in a couple of your own power rankings.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
man if you don't get the f*ck outta here.

anybody can read the transcript and see you dudes constantly trying to play the coastal card, and me constantly saying it has nothing to do with that.

matter fact, get the f*ck outta my thread clown. you just showed your whole ass. theres no validity to anything that you say at this point.
You ignored everything else i post and ran back to that shyt. I say so cal fukked with kast, I'm on some coastal shyt.

nikka says his town didn't fukk with them.
these net nerds keep tip-toeing around this tho.

the reason why none of them responded to you.

We're net nerds. Like i said, it's no point in arguing. All you do is juelz.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
According to you, Kast had no influence and the streets didn't mess with Kast like that. Read Jeezy's statement.

10 million people bought Speakerboxxx/Love Below. 5.5 million bought it stateside and it did 5 million+ outside the states.

what is outkast's influence on jeezy??

if I was from atlanta, I would've been at the mall, coppin that chit too, even if I already heard it and didn't like it. that aint saying much.

even if that's true about the worldwide sales, you know that's not what jeezy meant. lol. he prolly thinks its a single disc.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA

so this is your response?

go all the way off-topic and try to insult me by describing YOUR actual life.

outkast fans yall:mjlol:

Y u emotional:mjlit:

Dont be mad if we cant follow your thot-like brain and constant juelzing.

Your estrogen levels are crazy high, sweetheart

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You ignored everything else i post and ran back to that shyt. I say so cal fukked with kast, I'm on some coastal shyt.

nikka says his town didn't fukk with them.

We're net nerds. Like i said, it's no point in arguing. All you do is juelz.

I didn't ignore chit.

I addressed the rest of your post already, dumbass.

and im not acknowledging you in this thread at all, after you blatantly tried to lie on my name like that. f*ck outta here.

go get a life before its too late. cuz your name is dead in this thread b.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what is outkast's influence on jeezy??

if I was from atlanta, I would've been at the mall, coppin that chit too, even if I already heard it and didn't like it. that aint saying much.

even if that's true about the worldwide sales, you know that's not what jeezy meant. lol. he prolly thinks its a single disc.

Read Jeezy's statement.

And again, you're contradicting yourself. You were in here trying to claim that Outkast didn't have impact or influence like that in their own city, now you're trying to play the old "homer" card.

He could've very well meant Worldwide and even then it's closer to like 20 million. At this point, its semantics.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Y u emotional:mjlit:

Dont be mad if we cant follow your thot-like brain and constant juelzing.

Your estrogen levels are crazy high, sweetheart

another dumbass that doesn't realize that this entire transcript is public.

anybody can read the thread and see that youre the one that's emotional.

the smilies cant hide your pain. we see it bro.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Read Jeezy's statement.

And again, you're contradicting yourself. You were in here trying to claim that Outkast didn't have impact or influence like that in their own city, now you're trying to play the old "homer" card.

He could've very well meant Worldwide and even then it's closer to like 20 million. At this point, its semantics.

I never said anything about local impact
that chit is pretty much automatic.

I don't understand how I can be misquoted so much when this entire conversation is on everyone's fingertips.