Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure he has provided the commentary. Himself. He is the real head, and represents all real heads.
The 100+ that 1 starred this are weirdos

I should have abandoned this thread when breh dismisses Chuck D as an old head. I posted a quote from Chuck D where Chuck said "OutKast or Run DMC were the GOAT Hip Hop groups of all time". How exactly do you dismiss someone who is not only a part of a GOAT Hip Hop group himself, but has spit more culture than he could even imagine.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a drop this in here too:

DX: How do you feel about OutKast and the reunion tour?

Jeezy: Man, I love OutKast. If you ever talk to 3 Stacks, ask him. We were on the phone one day and I had to give it to him. I had OGs and cats on the streets that put us on, but ya’ll put the city on. Ya’ll made people respect what we do. For them to be able to come back and do a reunion tour and come back and do a reunion show, I just think it just shows how much we love what it is we do or how much that we are pioneers for the type of music they were making. I don’t really know a lot of groups or duos or even artists that can come back after 10,15, 20 years and do a reunion show at home and people show up like they did and for them to have so many hits and just having such an influence on records. I remember being in Turtle Music over at the Westin Mall to buy the Speakerboxxx/Love Below record. I remember these girls in there buying and we was all supporting OutKast, but then when I heard the record went diamond, I didn’t know how to take that. Where you find 10 million people that love OutKast? I was just like “what the fukk?” To me that was just showing how big and how much they had to do with the culture because it was unreal. And I happened to buy one so I was a part of that.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I should have abandoned this thread when breh dismisses Chuck D as an old head. I posted a quote from Chuck D where Chuck said "OutKast or Run DMC were the GOAT Hip Hop groups of all time". How exactly do you dismiss someone who is not only a part of a GOAT Hip Hop group himself, but has spit more culture than he could even imagine.

I didn't dismiss chuck d.

that's his personal opinion. that's not the general opinion from his bracket that. this is one of the problems with you in every thread.

the most I did was, I prolly noted how chuck d has a habit of proppin up questionable chit(which is true), but I don't even know if I even said that much.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
They were getting major play since SPCM
I was in 8th grade when they came out, i grew up in Chicagoland and spent my summers in ATL and Florida where my fam is at.

Players Ball and the title trac got heavy spins on the biggest hiphop stations in Chicago since day one. They got love from the Midwest from the start. And it was nikkas, yt ppl didnt even know about them untl Stankonia which was 5 years later.

I was in ATL the summer of 93 staying with my auntie when they started buzzing and it was def a grass roots thing not no industry plant. I would be down in Decatur getting my hair cut and Outkast would always be playing....id hear nikkas yellin hoody hoo out in the street so it wasnt no weirdo alternative nerd rap. Regular ppl could relate to shyt like Get Up Get Out and Crumblin Erb bc it was

problem is, youre reading with your heart, instead of reading with your eyes. yet you claim im the one that's emotional.:heh:

if you actually did some reading before jumping out the window, you would know:
I never said they were industry plants.
I never even really dissed outkast, period.
I just said they weren't goat level. and youre not doing a good job of proving me wrong.
I even called them legends. im actually the main one saying SPCM was their peak. and it looks like you agree with me, seeing that your entire post is based around their '93-95 1st album run.

youre not describing a goat group here. you just described a group that had a nice lil run of popularity. theres about 100 groups I can attach a similar resume to.
youre not telling me anything I don't already know here. you typed all this for nothing, on the grounds that you assumed I stated that they were wack industry plants or some other chit that I never said.

yea they got spins. they got play. but when did they ever shut chit down??
where was their movement?

what are their goat credentials?? im still waiting.:sas1:

I cant speak on the East Coast or the West but the South and Midwest fukkd with them heavy

If ppl in your town didnt listen to em, that doesnt prove shyt. Ppl didnt really fw Mobb Deep too heavy in Chicago but i would never downplay their accomplishments

why do yall keep trying to make this about east & west?? especially when we're talking about a backpack/neo-soul group.
lol. what do yall be thinking?

I never said they didn't get any play in my town. youre putting a lot of words on my keyboard. SHEESH.

mobb deep doesn't belong in any goat conversations either. I don't know why yall keep bringing them up in here, like I care.:yeshrug:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'm a drop this in here too:

DX: How do you feel about OutKast and the reunion tour?

Jeezy: Man, I love OutKast. If you ever talk to 3 Stacks, ask him. We were on the phone one day and I had to give it to him. I had OGs and cats on the streets that put us on, but ya’ll put the city on. Ya’ll made people respect what we do. For them to be able to come back and do a reunion tour and come back and do a reunion show, I just think it just shows how much we love what it is we do or how much that we are pioneers for the type of music they were making. I don’t really know a lot of groups or duos or even artists that can come back after 10,15, 20 years and do a reunion show at home and people show up like they did and for them to have so many hits and just having such an influence on records. I remember being in Turtle Music over at the Westin Mall to buy the Speakerboxxx/Love Below record. I remember these girls in there buying and we was all supporting OutKast, but then when I heard the record went diamond, I didn’t know how to take that. Where you find 10 million people that love OutKast? I was just like “what the fukk?” To me that was just showing how big and how much they had to do with the culture because it was unreal. And I happened to buy one so I was a part of that.

okay, great.

he supported a hometown group. what is your point??

and he thinks 10 million people bought SB/TLB.:laugh: im surprised you didn't delete that part out.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I was even younger than that. Thing is my parents had me young. What i don't remember i just ask my pops, only thing he good for is sports or rap, and he's a street nikka in every sense of the word. They was a factor on the radio and in the streets. It's peak lowrider culture in LA, they released an album called southernplayalistiCADILLACmuzik, you don't think nikkas was fukking with that? You've already yourself touched on how people thought they were from the bay, and the g-funk elements been touched on as well. Why is that shyt so farfetched to you? You mentioned jay-z being bigger than them as soon as he dropped. Not out here. He wasn't a factor out here til the Annie sample.

I'm not playing coastal bias, these is facts. We had this argument before about the lox and mobb deep. There's hella acts that were hot in other regions that weren't a factor at all in LA. I could say they were just there as well.

I don't know if you guys are playing dumb or what.
im not asking you if they were popular. im asking you when they were supposedly RUNNING CHIT. give me the GOAT chit. the groundbreaking chit

and you keep trying to play these coastal cards. I shut down people for overrating mobb deep on these boards all the time. I have to pump peoples' breaks in real-life when they say the LOX are the goats.

you cant even play the coast card with outkast like that, seeing how they were a backpack/neo-soul type group.

yall keep trying to make this a coastal issue because yall have no real legs to stand on.:sas2:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I don't know if you guys are playing dumb or what.
im not asking you if they were popular. im asking you when they were supposedly RUNNING CHIT. give me the GOAT chit. the groundbreaking chit

and you keep trying to play these coastal cards. I shut down people for overrating mobb deep on these boards all the time. I have to pump peoples' breaks in real-life when they say the LOX are the goats.

you cant even play the coast card with outkast like that, seeing how they were a backpack/neo-soul type group.

yall keep trying to make this a coastal issue because yall have no real legs to stand on.:sas2:
nikka i just gave you the era, you're the one playing dumb. They gotta run shyt to be the goat now? Nas is the consensus goat on this board, he's never ran shyt. Never.

You keep running to the coast shyt, I'm just telling you they were a factor in so cal. You've propped up other nikkas for saying nobody listened to them in their town, I'm telling you nikkas listened to them in so cal. Neo soul and back pack? You reaching hard.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Oh you one of those nikkas who life revolves around this forum hahahahaha...

It's a question g, my thought was that maybe where you from gave you the perception you got...

By the way, I'm from Cali and Outkast was/is recognized as GOATs by people who know the culture...

Yeah not sure what 'Cali posters' that don't fukk with Outkast that were magically made up. They were/are still a very well respected and popular group here. People still show up for Big Boi shows when hes in town

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
okay, great.

he supported a hometown group. what is your point??

and he thinks 10 million people bought SB/TLB.:laugh: im surprised you didn't delete that part out.

According to you, Kast had no influence and the streets didn't mess with Kast like that. Read Jeezy's statement.

10 million people bought Speakerboxxx/Love Below. 5.5 million bought it stateside and it did 5 million+ outside the states.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't dismiss chuck d.

that's his personal opinion. that's not the general opinion from his bracket that. this is one of the problems with you in every thread.

the most I did was, I prolly noted how chuck d has a habit of proppin up questionable chit(which is true), but I don't even know if I even said that much.

You did and are still dismissing Chuck D. You can't sit there and say that's not the general opinion of his bracket and not defend it.

You pretty much dismissed Chuck as an old head.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
OP is still emotional, arguing with himself now.:umad:

I can tell he lives in his moms basement and prob gets no p*ssy:pachaha:

Its ok breh, im sure yo momma still love u

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exact Chuck D quote:

I’ll tell you this, my personal favorite group of all-time is RUN-DMC. The greatest group of all time Outkast. Outkast is the first group to really be rewarded for every album being different but Public Enemy never created two albums alike because we wanted to make sure when we came out we would never ever repeat ourselves

^^^ He clearly makes a distinction between his favorite (personal opinion) and greatest (more subjective and he even gives commentary as to why)