Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Migos themselves compare themselves to Kast and say they came up listening to Kast.

they can compare themselves all they want. but they sound absolutely nothing like them, in any way, shape or form.

im sure they did listen to outkast coming up in their suburb. outkast was a huge mainstream act, coming out of their nearest city. so that should be no shock.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
nah that's bullchit.
I ALWAYS fallback, dap, etc whenever im proven wrong.
case in point, I apologize for saying you were here since page 1. must got you confused with someone else.

but you been here for going on 5 years, you should know that's my twist by now.

youre also conveniently turning a blind eye to the fact that most of the people arguing with me are just deflecting & hurling insults.
and the ones that are at least trying to put together a good argument(to their credit), aren't doing a very good job and you can tell they don't really know their history like that. a lot of them don't even know outkast history like that, let alone hip-hop. you can tell they got into them late, and prolly got into hip-hop later as a whole as well.

but yet, youre conveniently glossing over this.
meanwhile, theres outkast fans on her, that have sided with me in this thread, cuz they know their lacking too much to be boosted to such a level. you ignored that as well.
When it's shyt people say, it's Outkast fans.
When it's shyt in the media it's them being in a major label and having a push.
I use an argument in favor of them, it's my opinion.
Somebody uses the same argument but against them, you run with it.

It's pointless, every credible argument you
full

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those aren't goat qualities. when youre going 3, 4, & 5x platinum on 3 consecutive releases and people that don't care for your music, don't even bother to criticize it...….that says a lot about your lack of importance.

If people didn't care, why does this thread even exist? What exactly are you arguing? I mean, if only Internet weirdoes prop them as GOATs and it's only the magazines, why are you going so hard against what you've concluded to be a group that's just there. You do realize that you're giving credibility to "Internet weirdoes". It's evident this thread wasn't created to "open the eyes" of blind Internet weirdoes, but an attempt to rewrite history to discredit a group all because the OP feels said group is undeserving of the props that it gets.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they can compare themselves all they want. but they sound absolutely nothing like them, in any way, shape or form.

im sure they did listen to outkast coming up in their suburb. outkast was a huge mainstream act, coming out of their nearest city. so that should be no shock.

Influence goes beyond who somebody sounds like and having clones. How many groups actually sound like Run DMC? Run DMC's influence doesn't run deep because they fathered a bunch of clones, it runs deep because Run DMC is the reason a lot of rappers even picked up a mic. Their influence also runs deep because the group is a touchstone for groups that came after (hence groups being compared to them).

Being a mainstream act has nothing to do with it. Neither does being from the suburbs.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
If people didn't care, why does this thread even exist? What exactly are you arguing? I mean, if only Internet weirdoes prop them as GOATs and it's only the magazines, why are you going so hard against what you've concluded to be a group that's just there. You do realize that you're giving credibility to "Internet weirdoes". It's evident this thread wasn't created to "open the eyes" of blind Internet weirdoes, but an attempt to rewrite history to discredit a group all because the OP feels said group is undeserving of the props that it gets.
OP is delusional if he thinks he isn't one of the internet weirdos he chastises....non weird people ain't trying to argue about silly stuff with strangers for 6 years :mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
When it's shyt people say, it's Outkast fans.
When it's shyt in the media it's them being in a major label and having a push.
I use an argument in favor of them, it's my opinion.
Somebody uses the same argument but against them, you run with it.

youre just throwing out vague chit that doesn't apply. you can run up in any thread and say these things.

post some examples!!!!!!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
OP is delusional if he thinks he isn't one of the internet weirdos he chastises....non weird people ain't trying to argue about silly stuff with strangers for 6 years

the fact that you think this topic is silly, goes to show that this rap chit really aint for you.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the fact that you think this topic is silly

Below is where this thread became silly:

FOR THE RECORD, i was listening to outkast before most of their hipster internet fans that argue me down were even listening to rap. i didnt have a problem with them until the past 8 years when the media started revising history in their favor, and suddenly all these little internet dudes started claiming outkast as goat group contenders out of nowhere.

You made an argument against "hipster Internet fans" all while sounding like a "hipster Internet fan" by stating you were on Kast 8 years before they were.

You claim the "GOAT contender" (which is Internet lingo anyway) came out of nowhere all while saying the media started revising their history 8 years prior to the date of the thread.
these dudes are like the tim teebow of hip-hop(really, it should be the other way around. but yall get the point). so i guess that makes me stephen a.

Even sillier is the Teebow comparison. When this thread was made, Teebow was someone who had somewhat of a hype behind him. Since, he isn't even in the NFL anymore. His whole steeze was him taking a knee for religious purposes and being a virgin, which had nothing to do with his QB performance. He isn't legend status, Kast is.

You would've been better off comparing Kast to Kaepernick. That's asking too much though because at the time this thread was created, Kaep had just gone to the Superbowl as a rookie quarter back off the bench. He had like record setting season. He's since become an icon.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
1) Southernplayalistic being their best album is an opinion. ATLiens or Aquemini is widely considered their best.

2) They didn't bite Souls of Mischief. There's a difference between being influenced by an artist and biting them. Kast's debut has a heavy Chronic influence as well due to the G Funk style production.

3) From ATLiens forward, Kast was original. This was the album that they came into their own with. They took the reins of their music and started producing a lot of their own music.

1.) its their consensus best project IRL amongst the core rap audience. outkast basically tells you this on their records.

2.) youre right. I was harsh with the term "biting", because I was responding to some bullchit. MY POINT STILL STANDS THO.

3.) most of their stuff isn't exactly anything that we havnt already heard.
that explains why their production fell off so hard.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Have you even seen the movie, breeuhs? Wacky Dee fans, y’all..

its one of my favorite movies.

whats your point?

because he was the subject of a couple jokes in the movie? you can look at it that way. you can also say he was an entertainer that was getting hated on from the sideline by a studio gangster.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
1.) its their consensus best project IRL amongst the core rap audience. outkast basically tells you this on their records.

2.) youre right. I was harsh with the term "biting", because I was responding to some bullchit. MY POINT STILL STANDS THO.

3.) most of their stuff isn't exactly anything that we havnt already heard.
that explains why their production fell off so hard.
1 is some shyt you just made up. There is no way to know that and no they don't.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
With Nas, I think he deserves every bit of the GOAT accolades he gets. My whole point with him is, I was making the case that no one comes out the gate as a GOAT. GOAT status is something that is assessed over time.

as I alluded to earlier, its not about being crowned the goat out the box. nobody receives such recognition from jump.

but theres a certain reception that you receive in real-time that qualifies you for goat discussions down the line.

outkast never had that. their biggest claim in real-time was being a critic's pick.

they simply don't have the resume bro.