Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the point is, you were making it seem like they were king chit for appearing on martin. Coolio was the rapper getting the most shine in that episode. I didn't even remember outkast ever being on that show until yall kept bringing it up on here.:heh:

I initially brought up Martin Lawrence and the artists that appeared on it to show that Nas's peers from that era were more culturally relevant. That episode was named after a line from a Kast song. And again, Meth, Snoop, and Biggie were all guests on that show. And yes, Coolio, but you're in here say in here saying that Illmatic had more cultural impact.

how am I not sticking to the script. both of those statements apply. LOL. and its not about what I like or don't like personally. youre clearly in denial at this point.

Because none of those statements have no bearing on what's hot in the streets. Nobody's more in denial than you.

Daps
so??

that's not what we're talking about.

no they don't.

youre reaching for the stars in here.

and what are you using that smiley for? u don't know how to hurl insults and you don't know how to use smilies. you need to switch your playlist up homie.
Keep trying breh

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you've added absolutely nothing to this thread.

if you truly believe theyre goat contenders, then grow the f*ck up and at least attempt to put together a respectable rebuttal. instead of being like 30, posting like youre 11.

and you do this with such emotion, like somebody from outkast is your sugar daddy or something.:scust:
Nah they not only made dope music with original ideas, they always had deep messages in there. Listen to Growing Old and Return Of Da G. Shyt's realer than everything else put out by any rapper ever. So fukk your opinions and your sorry ass life

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nah they not only made dope music with original ideas, they always had deep messages in there. Listen to Growing Old and Return Of Da G. Shyt's realer than everything else put out by any rapper ever. So fukk your opinions and your sorry ass life

watch ur mouth, unless you trying to pull up.

their best album was a bite off of souls of mischief. yall need to chill with the "theyre so original" routine.

so basically youre saying theyre goat just because you like their message. LOL.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watch ur mouth, unless you trying to pull up.

their best album was a bite off of souls of mischief. yall need to chill with the "theyre so original" routine.

so basically youre saying theyre goat just because you like their message. LOL.

1) Southernplayalistic being their best album is an opinion. ATLiens or Aquemini is widely considered their best.

2) They didn't bite Souls of Mischief. There's a difference between being influenced by an artist and biting them. Kast's debut has a heavy Chronic influence as well due to the G Funk style production.

3) From ATLiens forward, Kast was original. This was the album that they came into their own with. They took the reins of their music and started producing a lot of their own music.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
atliens isnt even a classic.
1567.gif

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I gotta disagree with this one. The source propped it as GOAT by giving it 5 mics. I love Illmatic, but I do feel that the Source co sign helped make ILLMATIC the classic it is.

From memory, I THINK the Source gave Illmatic the GOAT treatment when they did their 100th issue. They did a shyt load of top 10 lists and it was either Illmatic or It Takes A Nation Of Millions for best album ever. I think they still had Rakim above Nas for best MC ever tho.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Outcast is an all-time great rap group, If you feel otherwise you're not in touch with the culture...at all.

I dunno.

define all-time great.

theyre legends, but its levels to this chit.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nobody got all up in my world. The poster you're referring to is this Iggy poster who said he was a lurker in that thread. And again, if you want to go down that road about getting all up in somebody's world, there were several posters in here saying that I sonned you, not to mention the one star and all the posters who dissed you throughout the thread.

maybe.

I just peeped his join date.

beforehand, I assumed he was on here for YEARS. maybe because he has hall-of-fame quality posts.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I dunno.

define all-time great.

theyre legends, but its levels to this chit.

Outkast was the first act (artist or group) from Atlanta that was more than a one hit wonder. The Dungeon Family sound had several musical influences, but they modernized and pushed that sound forward. The legacy of being the unit that brought national attention to Atlanta hip hop is nothing to sneeze at...

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik is definitely not they best album, who thinks that? It was a strong intro but the real gift is how they diversified they creativity in subsequent albums. From sound to subject matter, you can name a group or two that had a similar "essence" but then Big and Dre were actual lyricists too, and no other comparable style had that in one package. They were 20 years ahead of their time with a style that would look ordinary in 2015 but stood out in 1995, where part of the intrigue was their weirdness...

I'm also inclined to say if you don't think they are GOATs, your ear either needs checking or you aren't familiar with they catalog. There really is no debate that they on the GOAT list, the debate is normally centered on "where". Its unquestionable that they Top 5, and to me, they Top 2. They have a case against any other group ever, excluding nobody...

Nas has always been a little overrated. Illmatic is a classic but Nas should have more classics for the body of work he has. Illmatic not the only one of course, but people get caught in this "man he can spit" thing without properly assessing the other Mark's of greatness about an artist, they've been overeating him since the 90s...

Nas is a GOAT though, but he not nearly as high as people want him to be...