Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who the hell cares about being on the martin show??

outkast wasn't even the biggest act on that episode at the time. Coolio was, and I see you conveniently didn't mention him

What purpose would it serve to mention every rapper that ever appeared on Martin? I mentioned those artists specifically because all were bigger than Nas. And Coolio is kind of irrelevant because if you want to talk about cultural significance, Martin's show was huge to the Hip Hop community. That particular episode took it's title from the Kast song.

that aquemini album was when they were far off into the nerd rap & incent-burner categories. sorry broham.

of course there was no illmatic documentary in '94. what sense would that make?

im talking strictly hip-hop culture. illmatic was the biggest album in '94 amongst the serious rap crowd.

Nothing about Aquemini is nerd rap and to be honest, Illmatic is more "nerd rap" than Aquemini.

There not being a documentary on Illmatic in 1994 is what I'm getting at and is the reason the analogy exists in regard to Kast on the first place. The fact that documentaries were made about Illmatic praising it as a GOAT album 20 years after the fact isn't revision. It is a work that has collected significance over time as opposed to it being slept on (even though it got a classic stamp) in real time.

Illmatic was not the biggest album of 1994 in any regard. You're rewriting history. Doggystyle owned '94. That is the album that was altering Hip Hop in real time in 1994 even though it came out in late 1993.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan was interviewed in Vibe. He an R&B icon now?

That isn't remotely the same and you know that. Read the cover of that Source issue I posted.

Vibe isn't an R&B magazine anyway. It is an Urban Culture magazine and they've had all kinds of people featured on that cover including Wesley Snipes, which had nothing to do with R&B just like Jordan's interview had nothing to do with R&B. Martin's Source cover had to do with Hip Hop though as you see "Hip Hop Humor issue". But continue to play dumb.

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
What purpose would it serve to mention every rapper that ever appeared on Martin? I mentioned those artists specifically because all were bigger than Nas.

Nothing about Aquemini is nerd rap and to be honest, Illmatic is more "nerd rap" than Illmatic.

There not being a documentary on Illmatic in 1994 is what I'm getting at and is the reason the analogy exists in regard to Kast on the first place. The fact that documentaries were made about Illmatic praising it as a GOAT album 20 years after the fact isn't revision. It is a work that has collected significance over time as opposed to it being slept on (even though it got a classic stamp) in real time.

Illmatic was not the biggest album of 1994 in any regard. You're rewriting history. Doggystyle owned '94. That is the album that was altering Hip Hop in real time in 1994 even though it came out in late 1993.
You’re arguing with a dude named Wacky D. That should tell you all you need to know about his “opinions.” I quote because even he doesn’t believe them. He’ll say he does though.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't see Kast as GOAT contenders then you're no "REAL HIP HOP HEAD"

Wacky D as a human being and a hip hop head = :trash:

Daps
migos don't dress like them.

future looks like he might be getting there eventually. he wouldn't count anyway, since he used to be in DF.

lil-yachty-migos-pharrell-and-diddy-1500907575-view-1.png

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You’re arguing with a dude named Wacky D. That should tell you all you need to know about his “opinions.” I quote because even he doesn’t believe them. He’ll say he does though.

not know where the name "wacky d" come from brehs.

outkast fans yall………………

………………………...:mjpls:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
If you don't see Kast as GOAT contenders then you're no "REAL HIP HOP HEAD"

Wacky D as a human being and a hip hop head = :trash:

you've added absolutely nothing to this thread.

if you truly believe theyre goat contenders, then grow the f*ck up and at least attempt to put together a respectable rebuttal. instead of being like 30, posting like youre 11.

and you do this with such emotion, like somebody from outkast is your sugar daddy or something.:scust:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
What purpose would it serve to mention every rapper that ever appeared on Martin? I mentioned those artists specifically because all were bigger than Nas. And Coolio is kind of irrelevant because if you want to talk about cultural significance, Martin's show was huge to the Hip Hop community. That particular episode took it's title from the Kast song.

Nothing about Aquemini is nerd rap and to be honest, Illmatic is more "nerd rap" than Aquemini.

I would've named the episode "players ball" too. that's prolly the reason why he threw them a bone and let them on his show for an entire 8 seconds.:pachaha:

Coolio was clearly the more featured artist on the episode.

Iol @ the bolded. you really think aquemini was poppin on the streets?? chit wasn't even radar material.

im not bothering with the documentary argument anymore. SMH. come on son.

I didn't consider doggystyle when I made that comment. I was just thinking of albums that dropped in '94.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would've named the episode "players ball" too. that's prolly the reason why he threw them a bone and let them on his show for an entire 8 seconds.:pachaha:

Coolio was clearly the more featured artist on the episode.

Iol @ the bolded. you really think aquemini was poppin on the streets?? chit wasn't even radar material.

im not bothering with the documentary argument anymore. SMH. come on son.

I didn't consider doggystyle when I made that comment. I was just thinking of albums that dropped in '94.

Episode wasn't named "Player's Ball". That was the theme. "All The Player's Came" is the name of the episode. That's a line from the hook/chorus of the song. It isn't about whether Coolio was more of a featured artist.

Breh, you can't even stick to your own script regarding Aquemini. First, it was "nerd rap", now it it's not poppin in the streets. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it didn't have impact in the streets.

How do how you not consider Doggystyle? You of all people should know better. You make all these lists and all of them have emphasis on the lay over.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Episode wasn't named "Player's Ball". That was the theme. "All The Player's Came" is the name of the episode. That's a line from the hook/chorus of the song. It isn't about whether Coolio was more of a featured artist.

Breh, you can't even stick to your own script regarding Aquemini. First, it was "nerd rap", now it it's not poppin in the streets. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it didn't have impact in the streets.

How do how you not consider Doggystyle? You of all people should know better. You make all these lists and all of them have emphasis on the lay over.

the point is, you were making it seem like they were king chit for appearing on martin. Coolio was the rapper getting the most shine in that episode. I didn't even remember outkast ever being on that show until yall kept bringing it up on here.:heh:

how am I not sticking to the script. both of those statements apply. LOL. and its not about what I like or don't like personally. youre clearly in denial at this point.

yea, u right. I should know better. I was in a rush.:manny:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Migos themselves compare themselves to Kast and say they came up listening to Kast.

so??

that's not what we're talking about.

You remember that most of these new NBA nerds dressing like 3000 used to tho.:mjpls:

no they don't.

youre reaching for the stars in here.

and what are you using that smiley for? u don't know how to hurl insults and you don't know how to use smilies. you need to switch your playlist up homie.