Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
DMX- Party Up (CAC anthem) and dude even did a song with Marilyn Manson and even some of his content was geared toward CAC's specifically the Damien stuff

Jay Z- Hard Knock Life (sampling Annie is geared toward CAC's and it's acknowledged that it took him sampling Annie for them to like him)

Big- Juicy (this is a go to Hip Hop song for white folks), Hypnotize (one of the biggest crossover singles ever in Hip Hop)

Pac- California Love

Juve- Bak That Thang Up (never reached these heights again and this even has a commercial with CAC's turning up to it)

50- his career filled we with CAC anthems from In Da Club to Candy Shop to Just A Lil Bit
A lot of the songs you're mentioning were not bumped by cacs when they came out. they weren't on top 40 those were Brittney spears and boy band eras cacs wasn't fukking with rap hardbody like that. They was like Jordan in 99.

KillKenny

Pro
Daps
From my point of view, and I live far away from USA Outkast got to be a contender. They were never big?! Let me tell you something - Outkast are the biggest.
98 percent worldwide dunno who the fukk are mobb deep ( 1 percent has to know thanks to 8 mile lol), 90 percent dunno who are wu tang.
BUT 80 percent definitely know outkast.
So... Your wrong about that

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
From my point of view, and I live far away from USA Outkast got to be a contender. They were never big?! Let me tell you something - Outkast are the biggest.
98 percent worldwide dunno who the fukk are mobb deep ( 1 percent has to know thanks to 8 mile lol), 90 percent dunno who are wu tang.

Whos comedy alias is this?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of the songs you're mentioning were not bumped by cacs when they came out. they weren't on top 40 those were Brittney spears and boy band eras cacs wasn't fukking with rap hardbody like that. They was like Jordan in 99.

All, but "Juicy" were top 40. All of these songs are from '96 and forward where rap was really mainstream.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you always get commercial success confused with hip-hop status.

illmatic was slept-on commercially. it wasn't a mainstream success. but it was held in ultra high-regard in hip-hop IN REAL-TIME.

with strictly the hip-hop crowd, outkast's biggest year was '94. but naw, they weren't bigger than nas in that realm.

Illmatic was still slept on culturally. And that isn't even what I'm getting at. In 1994, nobody was making documentaries about it and it wasn't an album that was widely considered GOAT. Classic =/= GOAT or GOAT contender. There were many that weren't checking for Nas or Illmatic in 1994 and it has little do with sales and more to do with the fact that it wasn't altering the culture in the way that other albums were in 1994.

Kast's biggest year Hip Hop wise is the period of '98-'99. That was the culmination of everything for them.

Nas was not bigger than Kast in 1994. Kast was performing on Martin Lawerence. Snoop, Biggie, and Meth from that era also performed there. No Nas.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
STOP IT.

the bolded were the only songs that were geared towards white people.

It doesn't matter whether its geared toward white people or not, they still ate it up. Hip Hop itself isn't geared toward white people, but they are still major consumers of the music.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Illmatic was still slept on culturally. And that isn't even what I'm getting at. In 1994, nobody was making documentaries about it and it wasn't an album that was widely considered GOAT. Classic =/= GOAT or GOAT contender. There were many that weren't checking for Nas or Illmatic in 1994 and it has little do with sales and more to do with the fact that it wasn't altering the culture in the way that other albums were in 1994.

Kast's biggest year Hip Hop wise is the period of '98-'99. That was the culmination of everything for them.

Nas was not bigger than Kast in 1994. Kast was performing on Martin Lawerence. Snoop, Biggie, and Meth from that era also performed there. No Nas.
What does Martin have to do with Hip-hop? that sounds more mainstream to me.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does Martin have to do with Hip-hop? that sounds more mainstream to me.

martinlawrence.jpg

:martin:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

ONCE AGAIN...…..outkast fans yall.:mjpls:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

who the hell cares about being on the martin show??

outkast wasn't even the biggest act on that episode at the time. Coolio was, and I see you conveniently didn't mention his name.

that aquemini album was when they were far off into the nerd rap & incent-burner categories. sorry broham.

of course there was no illmatic documentary in '94. what sense would that make?

im talking strictly hip-hop culture. illmatic was the biggest album in '94 amongst the serious rap crowd.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You think i said something wrong?
Lol americans and their bubble... No one even knows mobb deep worldwide, you consider them as a contender

I don't view mobb deep as goat contenders either.

but theyre far ahead of outkast in the rankings tho.