Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
TIME is the best proof and test of anything remember I said that.

but you have to put together a suitable resume in real-time FIRST & FOREMOST.

otherwise, its just a bunch of johny-come-latelys, picking up on an artist years after the fact and trying to boost up their legacy with no sense of history or perspective.

that's what we call revisionist history. REMEMBER I SAID THAT.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This thread is ... it proves they are goats..

Nearly 1700 messages

no

it just proves that wacky d is the goat.

check my resume homie. these numbers are nothing new for me.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
you know how they got industry plants?

outkast is some HISTORY PLANTS.

new chit.:umad:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

but you have to put together a suitable resume in real-time FIRST & FOREMOST.

otherwise, its just a bunch of johny-come-latelys, picking up on an artist years after the fact and trying to boost up their legacy with no sense of history or perspective.

that's what we call revisionist history. REMEMBER I SAID THAT.

That ain't how it works. Nobody is going to be hailed as a GOAT in real time. It goes back to my Illmatic example. In 1994, Illmatic wasn't an album that people were propping as GOAT. There were bigger albums and many would probably consider it blasphemous to put Illmatic over Doggystyle. Over time, Illmatic became an album that was put in the pantheon of GOAT Hip Hop albums to nearly becoming the GOAT Hip Hop album. Documentaries were made, on Internet forums, that album is sacred. And yes, Johnny come latelys have this album as GOAT even though they didn't become Nas fans until he became mainstream.

Legacies are created over time. That is why some artists and albums are timeless vs being a fad that was hot in real time, but ages horribly.

Saying a group is GOAT isn't revisionist history. Revisionist history would be someone saying OutKast was the biggest rap group in 1994.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
That ain't how it works. Nobody is going to be hailed as a GOAT in real time. It goes back to my Illmatic example. In 1994, Illmatic wasn't an album that people were propping as GOAT. There were bigger albums and many would probably consider it blasphemous to put Illmatic over Doggystyle. Over time, Illmatic became an album that was put in the pantheon of GOAT Hip Hop albums to nearly becoming the GOAT Hip Hop album. Documentaries were made, on Internet forums, that album is sacred. And yes, Johnny come latelys have this album as GOAT even though they didn't become Nas fans until he became mainstream.

Legacies are created over time. That is why some artists and albums are timeless vs being a fad that was hot in real time, but ages horribly.

Saying a group is GOAT isn't revisionist history. Revisionist history would be someone saying OutKast was the biggest rap group in 1994.

I gotta disagree with this one. The source propped it as GOAT by giving it 5 mics. I love Illmatic, but I do feel that the Source co sign helped make ILLMATIC the classic it is.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

youre ruining your argument with these piss-poor examples.
doggystyle & illmatic were seen as all-time great albums upon release.

and again youre proving my point with that last comment. '94 was outkast's most popular year, culturally. and it was far from goat-like.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I gotta disagree with this one. The source propped it as GOAT by giving it 5 mics. I love Illmatic, but I do feel that the Source co sign helped make ILLMATIC the classic it is.

it helped, but it was legitimate.

fast forward to when outkast got 5 mics, and nobody cared.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
youre ruining your argument with these piss-poor examples.
doggystyle & illmatic were seen as all-time great albums upon release.

and again youre proving my point with that last comment. '94 was outkast's most popular year, culturally. and it was far from goat-like.

You are missing the point. Illmatic was slept on in 1994. It was nowhere near what Doggystyle was, which was already influencing music and culture all over. Illmatic didn't become this mythical, untouchable album that people create documentaries for and have people hailing it is GOAT until long after Nas blew up. There were several albums in 1994 that were bigger and far more popular in 1994 than Illmatic. Over time, Illmatic has eclipsed those albums (even Doggystyle). My point was: it is not revision that a work or artist becomes more appreciated over time than they were in real time.

And yes, OutKast was bigger than Nas in 1994 if we're keeping it 100 and again that is my point. A lot of those albums that were bigger ended up being eclipsed by Illmatic. And 1994 wasn't Kast's biggest year culturally.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You are missing the point. Illmatic was slept on in 1994. It was nowhere near what Doggystyle was, which was already influencing music and culture all over. Illmatic didn't become this mythical, untouchable album that people create documentaries for and have people hailing it is GOAT until long after Nas blew up. There were several albums in 1994 that were bigger and far more popular in 1994 than Illmatic. Over time, Illmatic has eclipsed those albums (even Doggystyle). My point was: it is not revision that a work or artist becomes more appreciated over time than they were in real time.

And yes, OutKast was bigger than Nas in 1994 if we're keeping it 100 and again that is my point. A lot of those albums that were bigger ended up being eclipsed by Illmatic. And 1994 wasn't Kast's biggest year culturally.

you always get commercial success confused with hip-hop status.

illmatic was slept-on commercially. it wasn't a mainstream success. but it was held in ultra high-regard in hip-hop IN REAL-TIME.

with strictly the hip-hop crowd, outkast's biggest year was '94. but naw, they weren't bigger than nas in that realm.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
My town did not fukk with OutKast at all
My first exposure to them was those Ms.Jackson type songs they did , I honestly thought they made corny CAC music , I didn’t find out till Internet forums that people thought of them as legends

these net nerds keep tip-toeing around this tho.

the reason why none of them responded to you.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
DMX- Party Up (CAC anthem) and dude even did a song with Marilyn Manson and even some of his content was geared toward CAC's specifically the Damien stuff

Jay Z- Hard Knock Life (sampling Annie is geared toward CAC's and it's acknowledged that it took him sampling Annie for them to like him)

Big- Juicy (this is a go to Hip Hop song for white folks), Hypnotize (one of the biggest crossover singles ever in Hip Hop)

Pac- California Love

Juve- Bak That Thang Up (never reached these heights again and this even has a commercial with CAC's turning up to it)

50- his career filled we with CAC anthems from In Da Club to Candy Shop to Just A Lil Bit

STOP IT.

the bolded were the only songs that were geared towards white people.