Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

just gonna leave this in here

you up here posting footage from a bullchit ass Viacom documentary where all they do is re-appropriate history to their agenda.

their was no impact from outkast getting booed at the source awards. people didn't even begin to bring that incident up again until after they went ultra mainstream YEARS later.

they had no hand in blowing the south up. that's just atlanta trying to take credit on the slick, lying to young viewers & casuals about how they supposedly put the south on the map. atlanta hip-hop didn't even become a thing until the crunk movement in f*ckin 2003.

see chit like this is EXACTLY why I make the types of threads I do.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you don't realize how bad youre hurting your own argument, do you?

What I realize is how bad it hurts your feelings, thus why this thread even exists. You want to argue that its Internet "weirdoes" who wrote the narrative and then want to talk about how the media revises history in their favor. That is BS. Calling someone a GOAT years after they peaked or came out isn't revision. You can't legitimately call someone a GOAT upon their debut or three or four years after their debut because it's premature in comparison to the whole history of Hip Hop.

I mean, nobody made documentaries about Illmatic when it first dropped. There were albums that were way more in rotation and influential around the time Illmatic dropped. Point blank, Illmatic became a GOAT album over time. People have made documentaries, artists that came later have cites it as influence. It was a magazine that called it classic from the jump and wrote later that it was most slept on album of all time. Today, that isn't the case. Today, people will fight you over saying it ain't GOAT. Revision or properly assessing a work over time?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
DMX- Party Up (CAC anthem) and dude even did a song with Marilyn Manson and even some of his content was geared toward CAC's specifically the Damien stuff

Jay Z- Hard Knock Life (sampling Annie is geared toward CAC's and it's acknowledged that it took him sampling Annie for them to like him)

Big- Juicy (this is a go to Hip Hop song for white folks), Hypnotize (one of the biggest crossover singles ever in Hip Hop)

Pac- California Love

Juve- Bak That Thang Up (never reached these heights again and this even has a commercial with CAC's turning up to it)

50- his career filled we with CAC anthems from In Da Club to Candy Shop to Just A Lil Bit
Just because They're good party songs doesn't make them "cac anthems" :mjgrin:

And going by that Woodstock 99 performance white people been fukking with X since Ruff Ryders anthem

White people tend to put emphasis on catchy,ignorant, rebel shyt...most of them don't listen to rap for lyrics and worldplay..

Daps
The (I'm presuming) less than 1 star rating and >100 votes really speaks volumes to this thread's quality.

Outkast was one of the biggest hip hop acts in the latter half of the 90s. Post 1995 Source awards it was a wrap. At the turn of the millennium, Outkast was not only arguably the biggest hip hop group in the game but maybe (along with Radiohead) the most critically respected musicians on the planet. To say that Outkast's praise is due to nerds on the internet is just flat out wrong. The #s and the awards just dont agree with that.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because They're good party songs doesn't make them "cac anthems" :mjgrin:

And going by that Woodstock 99 performance white people been fukking with X since Ruff Ryders anthem

White people tend to put emphasis on catchy,ignorant, rebel shyt...most of them don't listen to rap for lyrics and worldplay..

I didn't put them as CAC anthems because they are good party songs. These are songs that you'd find white folk playing or reciting like they lived depended on it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what a reach

That is not a reach. Those songs are two of the biggest crossover songs in Hip Hop ever. To think that the same white folk who adore "Ms. Jackson" weren't out here copping those songs and the respective albums they were on is ludicrous.

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
This thread is ... it proves they are goats..

Nearly 1700 messages

:dwillhuh:

:mjlol:

TIME is the best proof and test of anything remember I said that.