Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You posted a link (a link that I introduced to this thread by the way without providing context just to suck off another poster).

1) The OP was in their arguing that Kast's double album sales were fraudulent because it was sold for cheap EVERYWHERE. That lonk states that four retailers carried that album and several other albums at a reduced price as part of a Super Tuesday promotion to get customers to the record store. This wasn't exclusively for a Kast album, but pretty much every album released that day or around that time.

2) If I am not mistaken, that article even says that the list price for Kast's double album was $21.99. Anybody who has ever purchased an album knows the major chains reduce the prices of most albums on display at the front for a limited period of time. Still doesn't change the fact that this album carried a $21.99 price tag and I even posted a copy with the price tag on it in another thread.

3) This entire thread was started by someone who admittedly liked the group at one time, but stopped liking them because they were butt hurt over the media hyping them up as GOATs. That's lame on so many levels, it's not even funny especially for someone who purports themselves to be a critical thinker. Then to start the thread and proceed to talk about the support the thread got when most of this thread disagreed and one started the thread and clowned this same thread in other threads.

4) The OP ups this thread everytime any threads appear that claims Kast or a DF member as a GOAT. It wasn't upped this time by the OP, but was upped because someone posted another thread talking down on Kast (which also got dismissed) and somebody linked this thread advising the OP of said thread to use the search function.

lol

didn't a couple people just air you out about this price-tag chit a few weeks ago. and didn't you get exposed for trying to be sneaky with the stuff you were linking up?? JUST LET IT GO ALREADY.

3.) I aint really like them like that. they were just aiird. but that's besides the point. this is about hip-hop. gate-keeping needs to be done. cant just sit back & let these randoms & vultures un-deservingly prop chit up in hindsight.
now 3-6 mafia is a group that I really liked, but now I have to put them in perspective on here because of all these young weirdos tryna rewrite history without even reading the book first.

sounds like youre mad because I don't deal with stannery or partake in it.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
this man right here, is rockin one of the best sigs ive ever seen.

real recognize real.:salute:

I see you breh. Its truest statement i ever seen bout how these bums post. You could give them 5 points theyll highligut half a sentence and run like hoes.

Just hit the avg coli member with consistant logic and theyll fold every time.

Plus i dont like how they all talking wild shyt cuz you have a different opinion. Cause you challenge an established (by media training and crackpot stannery but still the narrative) idea they want you banned.

Sucka chit.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol

didn't a couple people just air you out about this price-tag chit a few weeks ago. and didn't you get exposed for trying to be sneaky with the stuff you were linking up?? JUST LET IT GO ALREADY.

3.) I aint really like them like that. they were just aiird. but that's besides the point. this is about hip-hop. gate-keeping needs to be done. cant just sit back & let these randoms & vultures un-deservingly prop chit up in hindsight.
now 3-6 mafia is a group that I really liked, but now I have to put them in perspective on here because of all these young weirdos tryna rewrite history without even reading the book first.

sounds like youre mad because I don't deal with stannery or partake in it.

Nobody aired me out and if yhat's the route you want to go, this thread is Exhibit A of an OP taking one of the hugest songs ever on The Coli.

You still admitted to liking them at one point. It's in the OP. Then because they started getting praise from the media, your opinion of them changed.

This isn't gate keeping. You aren't doing the culture any favors by attempting to dispute the opinion that OutKast are GOAT Contenders. Gate keeping, which posters on message board have no hand in, is when you guard the integrity of Hip Hop. You aren't doing that because you aren't doing it for the culture at large. This is you spewing your own opinion based on your biases and self interests. What you are doing is the same thing you're accusing the media of doing: writing and pushing a false narrative in attempt to rewrite the narrative you claim they are pushing.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nobody aired me out and if yhat's the route you want to go, this thread is Exhibit A of an OP taking one of the hugest songs ever on The Coli.

You still admitted to liking them at one point. It's in the OP. Then because they started getting praise from the media, your opinion of them changed.

This isn't gate keeping. You aren't doing the culture any favors by attempting to dispute the opinion that OutKast are GOAT Contenders. Gate keeping, which posters on message board have no hand in, is when you guard the integrity of Hip Hop. You aren't doing that because you aren't doing it for the culture at large. This is you spewing your own opinion based on your biases and self interests. What you are doing is the same thing you're accusing the media of doing: writing and pushing a false narrative in attempt to rewrite the narrative you claim they are pushing.

yea he did. bul got all up in your world. sorta like what @ig88 is doing right now, except it was a lil bit harsher cuz it wasnt a re-charged argument. buddy came out of nowhere with it and said he wasn't even apart of the OG argument. he just remembered watching you from the stands cuz he didn't have an account yet.:laugh: that means youre notorious bro.

pre-2004, I pretty much liked everybody at some point - to an extent.
you forcing the quote of me saying that I used to like them, does nothing but hurt your own argument when you turn around and say that im doing this because of bias.:whistle:

and yes it is gate-keeping. a bunch of weirdos coming together and forcing a goat entity, based off of nothing but circle-jerk stannery. YOU DAM RIGHT that its gate-keeping when I shut that chit down. that's gate-keeping at its finest.

what false narratives am I pushing?? i'll wait.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:comeon: these dudes are like the tim teebow of hip-hop(really, it should be the other way around. but yall get the point). so i guess that makes me stephen a.:comeon:

im trying not to lose my cool when arguing with idiots. plus im not down with boosting thread numbers for dudes that i dont know. its time to do a part 2 to one of the goat threads in internet history.

and im gonna keep it civil by focusing in on the task at hand. FOR THE RECORD, i was listening to outkast before most of their hipster internet fans that argue me down were even listening to rap. i didnt have a problem with them until the past 8 years when the media started revising history in their favor, and suddenly all these little internet dudes started claiming outkast as goat group contenders out of nowhere.

heres the thing. you cant just say that somebody is in the running for goat, simply because theyre your favorites. they have to possess the credentials of such a group. and they dont. they lack in just about every category. and we're gonna break it down in here.

EDIT: the vast majority of people that came in here against this thread, didnt have anything to contribute except insults. you lil dudes are under the arm-pit. better yet, let me put it in terms that you can better understand. cuz im sure outkast prolly sampled this hook already and its finna come out on some lost tapes disc, 5 years from now. SHOO!!:

:mjlol:

Outcast is an all-time great rap group, If you feel otherwise you're not in touch with the culture...at all.

I think I'm gonna listen to aquemini right now, I'll post back if the album aged horribly over the last 2 yrs :yeshrug:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea he did. bul got all up in your world. sorta like what @ig88 is doing right now, except it was a lil bit harsher cuz it wasnt a re-charged argument. buddy came out of nowhere with it and said he wasn't even apart of the OG argument. he just remembered watching you from the stands cuz he didn't have an account yet.:laugh: that means youre notorious bro.

pre-2004, I pretty much liked everybody at some point - to an extent.
you forcing the quote of me saying that I used to like them, does nothing but hurt your own argument when you turn around and say that im doing this because of bias.:whistle:

and yes it is gate-keeping. a bunch of weirdos coming together and forcing a goat entity, based off of nothing but circle-jerk stannery. YOU DAM RIGHT that its gate-keeping when I shut that chit down. that's gate-keeping at its finest.

what false narratives am I pushing?? i'll wait.

Nobody got all up in my world. The poster you're referring to is this Iggy poster who said he was a lurker in that thread. And again, if you want to go down that road about getting all up in somebody's world, there were several posters in here saying that I sonned you, not to mention the one star and all the posters who dissed you throughout the thread.

The keyword is you used the past tense. So you're making a thread about the group being propped as a GOAT Contender by the media is what turned you off of them. Breh, arguing with "weirdoes" on an Internet forum is not gate keeping. Gate keepers actually have a real platform with real influence over which narratives are canonized and which ones aren't. You arguing on a forum is nothing more than you arguing on a forum. What you are doing is the same as responding to a Youtube comment that says "OutKast is GOAT".

Also, why does what "weirdoes" who post on a forum mean so much to you? I mean, you're calling dudes "weirdoes", but mad an entire thread arguing with them and have dedicated years doing it. That ain't gate keeping. If anything, you're putting these "weirdoes" in a gate keeper position because you've automatically made the narrative of the weirdo the narrative that has been accepted. And all you're doing about it is ranting on a forum.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
During there career absolutely no one was calling Outkast GOAT at anything, there dope tho, but yeah

Only recently have they been so overrated on forums, its kinda weird

OutKast being propped as GOATs didn't start with forums though. In this thread, there's a XXL cover from 2000 that literally says are OutKast the Greatest group of all time. There's a Vibe cover in this thread that has Kast as the greatest group of all time. There is a quote from Chuck D in this thread where he says that besides Run DMC, Outkast is the GOAT group.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Outcast is an all-time great rap group, If you feel otherwise you're not in touch with the culture...at all.

I think I'm gonna listen to aquemini right now, I'll post back if the album aged horribly over the last 2 yrs :yeshrug:

aquemini is a nerd classic.

sorry to break it to you, brohski.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
OutKast being propped as GOATs didn't start with forums though. In this thread, there's a XXL cover from 2000 that literally says are OutKast the Greatest group of all time. There's a Vibe cover in this thread that has Kast as the greatest group of all time. There is a quote from Chuck D in this thread where he says that besides Run DMC, Outkast is the GOAT group.

you don't realize how bad youre hurting your own argument, do you?