Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who actually uses Speakerboxxx/Love Below as a token of Hip Hop perfection? I've never propped this album as nothing more than a good/great album. It ranks fourth or fifth in their catalog. And if we're really talking about what white moms bought for their daughters, those same Big and Pac albums were led by their biggest crossover songs ("Hypnotize" and "California Love").

Daps
I see why your so far in the red. if you insist on being a smart ass then perhaps read cuz it clearly says how the album was put at a cheaper price. It gives numbers of 10-13. Aka still less than a single album and not the 24-27 range pac biggie and wutang did.

“Aggressive 20% buy in discount”
@JustCKing in here quick like the goof he is thinking ima read that shyt
I was asking for a source on another south album going 5x plat.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their catalog is too thin. In a 25+ year career what do they have, like 5 albums? That's a 1 album every 5+ years average, that's too light for any GOAT conversations. Not to mention they're too inactive. We say a 25+ career but how many of those years were they actually active? We do that too much in hip hop, give people the longevity nod just because they came out a long time ago, that don't mean they have been active all those years tho (See LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Wu Tang, countless others). Jay-z and Nas have actually been actively releasing music every 2 years or so since the early 90's, those two guys are on a whole different planet than every other rapper, IMO. They just recently started slowing down, after they were in their 40s. So yeah, Outkast discography is too light in the cakes, but they are obviously one of the most talented rap groups ever, probably the most talented.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
So yeah, Outkast discography is too light in the cakes, but they are obviously one of the most talented rap groups ever, probably the most talented.

theyre the most talented at what?

mostly wack hooks?
bad voices??
horrible mic presence??

andre got the bars, but not nearly on the level that he gets overhyped to.
and big boi was a solid complimentary emcee. nothing more/nothing less.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theyre the most talented at what?

mostly wack hooks?
bad voices??
horrible mic presence??

andre got the bars, but not nearly on the level that he gets overhyped to.
and big boi was a solid complimentary emcee. nothing more/nothing less.

Andre is actually on the level that he gets put on, talent wise.
And Big Boi is one of the most underrated rappers ever, probably because he was standing next to Andre.

In my opinion

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
My town did not fukk with OutKast at all
My first exposure to them was those Ms.Jackson type songs they did , I honestly thought they made corny CAC music , I didn’t find out till Internet forums that people thought of them as legends

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
lol.

don't nobody know them.

First it's nobody, now it's a case of they aren't known enough, like it doesn't count unless they get the comparable fanfare that OG Outkast got when the climate doesn't really make room for that. Point is they're from Atlanta, they are very much inspired by and compared to Outkast, whatever judgement you have about how known they are/aren't.

Daps
First it's nobody, now it's a case of they aren't known enough, like it doesn't count unless they get the comparable fanfare that OG Outkast got when the climate doesn't really make room for that. Point is they're from Atlanta, they are very much inspired by and compared to Outkast, whatever judgement you have about how known they are/aren't.

Don’t try to talk sense into him, the boy is hot under the collar for OutKast

Guessing Big Boi stole his girl or something cause he mad af for no reason

:mjlol:

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Why is this dumb ass thread still around?:why: based off 1 apropriately named wack nikka

"My town didnt like em durrr"
"They had a crossover song"

Every major hiphop artist in the 90s/early 00s had a few songs that cacs loved

DMX
Jay
Big
Juve
Pac

Kast didnt do any pop/crossover until theyre gatdamn 4th album...dumb ass nikkas think they started off some Flo Rida shyt.

I dont fw Ms Jackson but as pop as that was, it is still very rooted in blac music(funk)

Theres so much actual wacc shyt to make a 100 page thread about....but Kast was chosen?

FOH:childplease:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
I was asking for a source on another south album going 5x plat.
No. click the lil arrow next to your source quote to see you clearly asking for proof this album was cheaper.

Yall cant even keep it together one post to the next but insist on being right on everything telling wacky he wrong but cant keep a coherent conversation going