Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No nikka. It means i saw this thread at the top of the page, clicked it like "gah damn this nikka might have woat opinion he deserve a neg", saw the thread was 6 years old, said to myself "hey thatd be a nice neg comment", then proceeded to neg you

and still nothing of any substance.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Guy made a thread “OutKast has no lasting influence on hip-hop” and then ATL rappers dressing like 3stacks ran the rest of the decade :decade:

giphy.gif

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Guy made a thread “OutKast has no lasting influence on hip-hop” and then ATL rappers dressing like 3stacks ran the rest of the decade :decade:

don't no atlanta rappers look, dress or sound like outkast.

you dudes are delusional.

Peabo Bryson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh... they were dope as fukk in 93-94 when they was on they Braves jersies and pimp hats. I'll even say ATLiens was dope too. But after that, Andre really turned into a lil fakkit weirdo and it ruined everything for me. Ruined.

Daps

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You posted a link (a link that I introduced to this thread by the way without providing context just to suck off another poster).

1) The OP was in their arguing that Kast's double album sales were fraudulent because it was sold for cheap EVERYWHERE. That lonk states that four retailers carried that album and several other albums at a reduced price as part of a Super Tuesday promotion to get customers to the record store. This wasn't exclusively for a Kast album, but pretty much every album released that day or around that time.

2) If I am not mistaken, that article even says that the list price for Kast's double album was $21.99. Anybody who has ever purchased an album knows the major chains reduce the prices of most albums on display at the front for a limited period of time. Still doesn't change the fact that this album carried a $21.99 price tag and I even posted a copy with the price tag on it in another thread.

3) This entire thread was started by someone who admittedly liked the group at one time, but stopped liking them because they were butt hurt over the media hyping them up as GOATs. That's lame on so many levels, it's not even funny especially for someone who purports themselves to be a critical thinker. Then to start the thread and proceed to talk about the support the thread got when most of this thread disagreed and one started the thread and clowned this same thread in other threads.

4) The OP ups this thread everytime any threads appear that claims Kast or a DF member as a GOAT. It wasn't upped this time by the OP, but was upped because someone posted another thread talking down on Kast (which also got dismissed) and somebody linked this thread advising the OP of said thread to use the search function.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
...that’s not related to what I was looking for proof on, but nice try?
I see why your so far in the red. if you insist on being a smart ass then perhaps read cuz it clearly says how the album was put at a cheaper price. It gives numbers of 10-13. Aka still less than a single album and not the 24-27 range pac biggie and wutang did.

“Aggressive 20% buy in discount”
@JustCKing in here quick like the goof he is thinking ima read that shyt

that's my main gripe with people bringing up that album's sales as some sort of barometer. THEN AFTER THAT, is the fact that it was a double lp that was cheaper than most single discs.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see why your so far in the red. if you insist on being a smart ass then perhaps read cuz it clearly says how the album was put at a cheaper price for a longer period. It gives numbers of 10-13. Aka still less than a single album and not the 24-27 range pac biggie and wutang did.

You're really comparing the price of albums from the 90's to albums in the 00's. Albums in the 90's went for $14.99 and up in the 90's. You were lucky to get a CD at $12.99. In the '00's, most retailers had albums on sale for $9.99. Double albums in the '00's went for cheap like $13-15.99. Jay Z and Nas were low priced in comparison to Pac and Biggie. Even in the 90's, there were double albums that were cheaper (Master P's Last Don).

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
You're really comparing the price of albums from the 90's to albums in the 00's. Albums in the 90's went for $14.99 and up in the 90's. You were lucky to get a CD at $12.99. In the '00's, most retailers had albums on sale for $9.99. Double albums in the '00's went for cheap like $13-15.99. Jay Z and Nas were low priced in comparison to Pac and Biggie. Even in the 90's, there were double albums that were cheaper (Master P's Last Don).
You posted that link as proof it was one way wheb it was really the other. The artie CLEARLY says the album had a 22 dollar list price just like the range of albums i spoke of. Yet somehow it also states retailers sold it for 10.99-13.00. The albims list price was those others albums sale price.

Its a cheap tactic to sell albums. So its sales are in questionable when it comes to how much this fucjing album meant to hip hop. White girls and moms bought this shyt and you keep using it as a token for hip hop perfection.

Take your self imposed L in exile. You got the gaul to post this shyt and then tryn refute it years later when you realized it proved @Wacky D s point.yall will do anything to not say youre wrong.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You posted that link as proof it was one way wheb it was really the other. The artie CLEARLY says the album had a 22 dollar list price just like the range of albums i spoke of. Yet somehow it also states retailers sold it for 10.99-13.00. The albims list price was those others albums sale price.

Its a cheap way to sell albums. So its sales are in questionable when it comes to how much this fucjing album meant to hip hop. White girls and moms bought this shyt and you keep using it as a token for hip hop perfection.

Take your self imposed L in exile. You got the gaul to post this shyt and then tryn refute it years later when you realized it proved @Wacky D s point.yall will do anything to not say youre wrong.

It diesn't prove his point. I never refuted the article. You are playing stupid. You're admitting the $22 list price, but are clearly ignoring Kast's reduced price was a part of a promotion.

So yeah, if you want to bring Kast's sale in question because of a reduced sales price go ahead, but if you are using this to discredit the sales of that album and aren't keeping that same energy as it applies to ALL albums that are reduced lower than the list price, you aren't being consistent and your integrity as a poster is in question.