Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man you cant read between the lines for chit. hes basically saying we got love for outkast and we're proud of their accomplishments but we're the ones that got chit poppin.

there was a whole crop of Atlanta/Georgia rappers getting national exposure in the era before them. the rest of the world just didn't give a f*ck.
whats funny is, the youngbloodz debuted amongst the previous crop of Atlanta rappers, as dungeon family affiliates when outkast was supposedly at their peak, and nobody gave a f*ck. they had to come back with lil jon and the crunk wave to make some real noise.

and you should ask yourself why didn't Atlanta rap blow up when outkast was in their prime?

There is no reading between the lines. He's basically saying Kast put Atlanta on, but we made it into a movement.

Youngbloodz didn't blow because threy came out the gate with crunk songs "Push Em Off" and "U Way". That's why nobody flinched when they blew up with Lil Jon. Lil Jon had crunk song, but it didn't become a movement until 2003.

Kast and Goodie didn't make one type of music. Trap and Crunk weren't a thing when they were doing it. It was still underground. Kast weren't crunk rappers nor were they trap rappers. There wasn't a lane for that until it popped off in 2003.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Then breh, you can't read, but want to call out other posters for a lack of comprehension:

^^^ All from the quotes I posted from other artists and producers from Atlanta. Don't ever question anybody's comprehension again breh until you step up yours.

none of this has anything to do with them being pioneers.

closest thing is "one of the first respected groups from the south". but I recall them being disrespected back in their prime, and southern hip-hop still isn't generally respected to this very day.:heh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Southern labels like Hypnotize Minds, CMR, and Slip N Slide were getting distribution deals because they were proven sellers without a middle man. They were selling hundreds of thousands of copies already. What No Limit did was show dudes how to use the records sold independently as leverage when signing to a major. Suave and Rap A Lot were already doing it, which laid the foundation for P. P just did it to where his business plan allowed each album to promote the next.

You're contradicting your own point. In even saying that Lil Jon, Bone Crusher, and T.I. made Atlanta a movement nullifies Master P blowing up The South.

Kast and Organized Noize were artists foremost. When it came to being CEO'S, they struggled. Backbone, Cool Breeze, Witchdoctor, and Slim Calhoun all had songs that could've took them there, but the ball was dropped. All had hits on a local level and some on a national. There was also Killer Mike. Bone Crusher and Youngbloodz had Jermaine Dupri, who signed them to So So Def in '03.

And you're wrong about The Roots. They had their own movement in Philly. Prominent Philly artists cut their teeth on a Roots album.

the roots comment shows that you really don't get IT. I see that I'm wasting my time, but as always, I'm gonna hold out hope for you.
stop it. we already know CMR got the deal they got off the strength of no limit.
ted lucas himself said he got a master p deal for slip-n-slide.
3-6 mafia got their deal thanks to the bone thugs beef. but hypnotized minds wasn't on the map back then. not even a project pat album.

yea rap-a-lot were pioneers, but they didn't open up the market. no limit did that.
suave house didn't make a dent in that aspect, bro.

@ the bolded, how? there were Atlanta acts that benefited from no limit, being from the south. but the Atlanta scene specifically was irrelevant until '03.

nobody said outkast had to be CEOs. they just didn't generate that level of interest. face it. we knew backbone, killer mike, cool breeze, witchdoctor, slim Calhoun, etc. most people just didn't care.
dungeon family simply didn't appeal like that. all those acts were regulars on rap city. they had their chance.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
There is no reading between the lines. He's basically saying Kast put Atlanta on, but we made it into a movement.

Atlanta was already on, before Kast.

it wasn't a factor until the crunk movement. long after outkast.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
none of this has anything to do with them being pioneers.

closest thing is "one of the first respected groups from the south". but I recall them being disrespected back in their prime, and southern hip-hop still isn't generally respected to this very day.:heh:

Pioneer:

1. a person who is among those who first enter or settle a region, thus opening it for occupation and development by others. 2. one who is first or among the earliest in any field of inquiry, enterprise, or progress: pioneers in cancer research.

"one of the first respected groups from the South" qualifies them pioneering.

It doesn't matter what you recall them being especially when it comes to respect. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the roots comment shows that you really don't get IT. I see that I'm wasting my time, but as always, I'm gonna hold out hope for you.
stop it. we already know CMR got the deal they got off the strength of no limit.
ted lucas himself said he got a master p deal for slip-n-slide.
3-6 mafia got their deal thanks to the bone thugs beef. but hypnotized minds wasn't on the map back then. not even a project pat album.

yea rap-a-lot were pioneers, but they didn't open up the market. no limit did that.
suave house didn't make a dent in that aspect, bro.

@ the bolded, how? there were Atlanta acts that benefited from no limit, being from the south. but the Atlanta scene specifically was irrelevant until '03.

nobody said outkast had to be CEOs. they just didn't generate that level of interest. face it. we knew backbone, killer mike, cool breeze, witchdoctor, slim Calhoun, etc. most people just didn't care.
dungeon family simply didn't appeal like that. all those acts were regulars on rap city. they had their chance.

The Roots comment is you once again making up some wild statement and when challenged on it, you fail to back it up.

In regard to CMR's deal:

Draper also used his keen business sense to help Cash Money secure their six-figure deal with Universal back in 1998, as well as stepping in to negotiate the Clipse’s long-delayed release from Jive and was instrumental in Ice Cube’s comeback album, Laugh Now, Cry Later, becoming the highest selling indie album of 2006, with 650,000 copies sold.

Read More: Tony Draper, Dishonorable Mention - XXL | Tony Draper, Dishonorable Mention - XXL

^^^ Draper refers to Tony Draper, CEO of Suave House.

Regardless of why 3-6 got their deal, and it wasn't because of them dissing Bone, it wasn't because of Master P.

Ted Lucas getting a "Master P" deal for Slip N Slide refers to what I was talking about in regard to showing how to negotiate deals. You're not proving your point. That's not saying he got his deal because of No Limit vs. CMR getting their deal directly because Tony Draper helped them secure their deal with Universal.

Master P didn't open the market up either. Again, he only blew up New Orleans. Outside of Snoop, nobody that wasn't from New Orleans even got an album release during the '96-'00 era.

OutKast generated a huge level of interest. Artists not blowing up under them is neither here or there. OutKast didn't force their sound on anyone and it wasn't uniform to where any one of those artists sounded like Kast or anyone of those artists sound like each other. When crunk popped off, a lot of those songs and artists sounded the same, which is how it became the movement that it was. A lot of those Lil' Jon beats sounded the same on purpose.

Atlanta was already on, before Kast.

it wasn't a factor until the crunk movement. long after outkast.

More contradictions. According to you, Atlanta was on before OutKast, but in the above post, you said it was irrelevant until 2003. :camby:.

"Southernplayalistic was the first classic rap album to come from ATL and the eye-opener for other cities that our time was coming."---- Jermaine Dupri

In reference to that "long after OutKast statement":

Speakerboxxx/ The Love Below by Outkast

"The biggest rap album from the city and the biggest rap group left in hip-hop. Another huge statement that got us over that 'ATL is in a slowdown' hump. No!"---- Jermaine Dupri

“When I put out Kriss Kross, people in New York and L.A. were saying Atlanta wasn’t the place for rap music. That’s what fueled OutKast for what they did and that’s what fueled the Dungeon Family to be as dark and as hip-hop as they were, that was all coming from the backlash that Atlanta is not a rap city.”---- Jermaine Dupri

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
1. They are received as a top-tier group, and if you ask any actual hip-hop head, Outkast is in their top 5 groups of all time. It seems to be only your opinion that they aren't.

2. Wait...so when I say they have classics, it's an opinion...but when you say they don't, it's a fact? Sounds like we have one of those stuck in their ways Internet arguers here, folks :mjlol: Most people (even if they don't fukk with Outkast) will admit they have at LEAST 2 classics.

3. Outkast largely influenced the sound of the South, whether you like it or not.

4. "Industry plants" - shyt, didn't know I was dealing with a 12 year old here. Hanging your hat on SB/TLB selling only 5 million vs. 10 million isn't a good look. Can you name another Southern album that went 5x platinum? Go ahead and research, I'll wait. :wow:

1.) they are received as a top-tier group BY WHOM? that's the real question. and @ZEB WALTON just hit the nail on the head.
lol @ "ask any actual hip-hop head". DOG. heads don't sit around talking about no outkast. its a rarity for their name to even come up in a general convo.

2.) no what I'm saying is that theres levels to this. for instance, IN MY OPINION, I think outkast's SPCM is a classic, but its not on the level that I can just poke my chest out and say its a classic on some certified chit. they don't have any of those. all those other names you mentioned in youre previous post - minus Kanye, have at least one of those.

3.) who's sound did outkast influence in the south? BOB & Big krit? LOL. and don't give me no vague chit, or no quotes by a rapper whose music sounds like hes never even heard an outkast record.

4.) I already figured you were one of THOSE GUYS, seeing how hard youre riding for outkast. yall are usually the same people that think industry plants don't exist.:mjlol:

5.) well for starters, SB/TLB isn't a southern rap album. it was a hybid album that was way bigger with r&b and pop crowds than it was in hip-hop. that's my main gripe with people bringing up that album's sales as some sort of barometer. THEN AFTER THAT, is the fact that it was a double lp that was cheaper than most single discs.

besides, juvenile 400 degreez went 5x platinum, and he didn't have to wear wigs & make music for soccer moms to do it.