Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stop::stop::stop: I didn't even read past this sentence. you better use cut-n-paste for the other chit you typed, because THIS POST IS DISQUALIFIED.:stop::stop::stop:

outkast wasn't even around in the early '90s!!!!!!

ur just trying to push their debut up, after I noted that the pioneer southern rappers were late '80s/EARLY '90s.

Kast's first single dropped in '93. I didn't try to push their debut up. On top of that, if you're going to accuse me of pushing their debut up, you clearly had an agenda by using the late '80's/early '90's.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

25 seconds in.

breh. outkast is to Atlanta, what the roots are to philly. and like I said, that's not a bad thing. but they didn't advance the city at all, let alone entire south. LOL

Exact quotes from Bone Crusher:

When we did it it was no Atlanta scene. It wasn’t none of that. We had OutKast and Organized [Noize]. They were great, man. They did wonderful things for this city. But it wasn’t a movement until Tip and me and Jon and Ying Yang. And we came in and made it of the street. Where OutKast and Organized made you at a higher level, which is amazing. And we needed that. We brought the street, the real gritty, gritty street to it. And that made everybody go crazy.”

^^^ What exactly do you think Bone Crusher was implying when he said "Outkast and Organized made you at a higher level"?

Nothing about his statements contradicts what I've been posting in this thread about OutKast. Atlanta didn't become dominant until Lil' Jon came with the crunk wave which included Bone Crusher and Ying Yang Twins. Then you had T.I. with Trap. Those are two types of Hip Hop that Dungeon Family only scratched the surface of. That was the type of music that was poppin' on the Atlanta underground until 2003. Bone is acknowledging that Kast elevated the city. T.I. (who is an artist that I always talk about how he made Trap mainstream), Jon, and Bone Crusher did bring that underground sound to the mainstream. The difference is T.I. had the trap and Bone, Ying Yang, and Jon had crunk.

That's not saying that OutKast wasn't street, but there were more elements to their music than that. All of them were influenced by Kast and the Dungeon Family to some capacity. That same clip even has Bone Crusher saying they studied them.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^^^ What exactly do you think Bone Crusher was implying when he said "Outkast and Organized made you at a higher level"?

hes saying outkast was clearly a bigger marquee name, but they had no movement and Atlanta didn't really get poppin until that '03-04 timeframe.

exactly what ive been saying the whole time. just put in nicer terms.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Kast's first single dropped in '93. I didn't try to push their debut up. On top of that, if you're going to accuse me of pushing their debut up, you clearly had an agenda by using the late '80's/early '90's.

'93 is mid-90s.

its not early '90s and certainly isn't late '80s.

so what did they pioneer exactly?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hes saying outkast was clearly a bigger marquee name, but they had no movement and Atlanta didn't really get poppin until that '03-04 timeframe.

He didn't say Kast was a bigger marquee name. Did you not hear or see the quote where he said "OutKast and Organized Noize made you at a higher level" implying they elevated and advanced Atlanta? Kast made Atlanta viable. Jon, T.I., and Bone Crusher made it to where ATL was inescapable. You had Nas, Cube, Snoop, and E-40 going there for beats and features. Nas even moved there. There not being a "movement" in Atlanta is basically saying you didn't really see an influx of artists from Atlanta doing it big until T.I., Bone Crusher, and Lil Jon did what they did in '03. I've stated this numerous times.

By the time T.I., Jon, and Bone Crusher blew, it was nearly an entire decade removed from Kast's first album. Dungeon Family wasn't even Dungeon Family in '03. Cee Lo was at odds with the rest of Goodie Mob, a lot of the members were producing their own records, '03 Kast was far removed from the Kast of the 90's. Outside of DF, Ludacris was the only artist making moves on a major level in '03. There really wasn't a movement in Atlanta Hip Hop at that time. '03 is when Field Mob took off in the mainstream, Youngbloodz broke through, Ying Yang Twinz were major, Scrappy and Trill Ville were on the come up. Some of these artists were bubbling on the underground in the 90's and early 00's, but crunk taking off in the mainstream made it easy for them to break through.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You're really in here asking what they pioneered after you asked for quotes and those artists are basically reiterating what I said.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You're really in here asking what they pioneered after you asked for quotes and those artists are basically reiterating what I said.

I didnt see anything in those quotes about them pioneering anything.

all I see is "they showed that we can do more than booty music in Atlanta."

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
He didn't say Kast was a bigger marquee name. Did you not hear or see the quote where he said "OutKast and Organized Noize made you at a higher level" implying they elevated and advanced Atlanta? Kast made Atlanta viable..

he said "we didnt have an Atlanta scene.......we had outkast/organized and they did great things for the city but it wasn't a movement until me, jon, ying yang, blah blah"

come on man. you cant be this stupid.:snoop:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didnt see anything in those quotes about them pioneering anything.

all I see is "they showed that we can do more than booty music in Atlanta."

Then breh, you can't read, but want to call out other posters for a lack of comprehension:

The sound that they delivered, the ground that they broke, the struggles that we overcame from a South standpoint when New York and hip hop was in its prime, this was one of the first respected groups from the South

OutKast was setting the bar for Atlanta

It's hard to choose just a couple 'cause there were so many records that were just so influential to our era.

^^^ All from the quotes I posted from other artists and producers from Atlanta. Don't ever question anybody's comprehension again breh until you step up yours.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he said "we didnt have an Atlanta scene.......we had outkast/organized and they did great things for the city but it wasn't a movement until me, jon, ying yang, blah blah"

come on man. you cant be this stupid.:snoop:

Breh, you're not even quoting the quote right:

“What happened is that the children—It’s like right now it’s a fine…,” he began. “When we did it was no Atlanta scene. It wasn’t none of that. We had Outkast and Organized [Noize]. They were great, man. They did wonderful things for this city. But it wasn’t a movement until Tip and me and [Lil[ Jon and Ying Yang [Twins]. And we came in and made it of the street. Where Outkast and Organized made you at a higher level, which is amazing. And we needed that. We brought the street, the real gritty, gritty, grut street to it. And that made everybody go crazy.”

^^^ What part of the quote does he say there was never an Atlanta scene? He's referring to the specific moment in time that he, T.I., and Jon broke through. He'd be pretty much contradicting himself by saying "we had OutKast and Organized Noize". It was pretty much just Ludacris. Kast was on the brink of dropping Speakerboxxx/Love Below. Organized Noize produced no songs on that album. Andre and Big Boi were separate artists. A whole new crop of artists came up out of the A and took Atlanta to the pinnacle of dominance.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
difference is, when you bought a master p album, you knew you were directly investing in the southern rap market and you proceeded to look into other southern acts. that domino effect. outkast didn't have that domino effect. they were only able to give that rub to their crew, and it didn't go far. the furthest it went was with goodie mob, and they weren't some big success.

You didn't know you were directly investing in a Southern market when you bought a P album. His albums during No Limit's run still had that Bay Area influence on it. Master P only had a domino effect on his crew. Master P wasn't directly responsible for anyone blowing up who wasn't already on No Limit. We can't act like anybody outside of P, Silkk, and Mystikal were big successes either. Snoop was already a success before No Limit. P, Silkk, and Mystikal were the only ones who had more than one successful album. And if you really want to take it there, Goodie Mob was big enough for C-Murder to reach out to for a feature. Mystikal teamed up with Kast and even had them producing songs on his biggest album after he left the Tank.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You didn't know you were directly investing in a Southern market when you bought a P album. His albums during No Limit's run still had that Bay Area influence on it. Master P only had a domino effect on his crew. Master P wasn't directly responsible for anyone blowing up who wasn't already on No Limit. We can't act like anybody outside of P, Silkk, and Mystikal were big successes either. Snoop was already a success before No Limit. P, Silkk, and Mystikal were the only ones who had more than one successful album. And if you really want to take it there, Goodie Mob was big enough for C-Murder to reach out to for a feature. Mystikal teamed up with Kast and even had them producing songs on his biggest album after he left the Tank.

shut the f*ck up.

you know how many southern labels got distribution deals because of no limit?
you know how many southern rappers popped up on the national scene after no limit started dominating?

who the hell got on because of outkast? what interest did outkast ever attract to the southern market? they couldnt get their own city poppin. most of their fans don't even like southern rap.......the same way most roots fans weren't checking for philly.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Breh, you're not even quoting the quote right:

“What happened is that the children—It’s like right now it’s a fine…,” he began. “When we did it was no Atlanta scene. It wasn’t none of that. We had Outkast and Organized [Noize]. They were great, man. They did wonderful things for this city. But it wasn’t a movement until Tip and me and [Lil[ Jon and Ying Yang [Twins]. And we came in and made it of the street. Where Outkast and Organized made you at a higher level, which is amazing. And we needed that. We brought the street, the real gritty, gritty, grut street to it. And that made everybody go crazy.”

^^^ What part of the quote does he say there was never an Atlanta scene? He's referring to the specific moment in time that he, T.I., and Jon broke through. He'd be pretty much contradicting himself by saying "we had OutKast and Organized Noize". It was pretty much just Ludacris. Kast was on the brink of dropping Speakerboxxx/Love Below. Organized Noize produced no songs on that album. Andre and Big Boi were separate artists. A whole new crop of artists came up out of the A and took Atlanta to the pinnacle of dominance.

man you cant read between the lines for chit. hes basically saying we got love for outkast and we're proud of their accomplishments but we're the ones that got chit poppin.

there was a whole crop of Atlanta/Georgia rappers getting national exposure in the era before them. the rest of the world just didn't give a f*ck.
whats funny is, the youngbloodz debuted amongst the previous crop of Atlanta rappers, as dungeon family affiliates when outkast was supposedly at their peak, and nobody gave a f*ck. they had to come back with lil jon and the crunk wave to make some real noise.

and you should ask yourself why didn't Atlanta rap blow up when outkast was in their prime?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shut the f*ck up.

you know how many southern labels got distribution deals because of no limit?
you know how many southern rappers popped up on the national scene after no limit started dominating?

who the hell got on because of outkast? what interest did outkast ever attract to the southern market? they couldnt get their own city poppin. most of their fans don't even like southern rap.......the same way most roots fans weren't checking for philly.

Southern labels like Hypnotize Minds, CMR, and Slip N Slide were getting distribution deals because they were proven sellers without a middle man. They were selling hundreds of thousands of copies already. What No Limit did was show dudes how to use the records sold independently as leverage when signing to a major. Suave and Rap A Lot were already doing it, which laid the foundation for P. P just did it to where his business plan allowed each album to promote the next.

You're contradicting your own point. In even saying that Lil Jon, Bone Crusher, and T.I. made Atlanta a movement nullifies Master P blowing up The South.

Kast and Organized Noize were artists foremost. When it came to being CEO'S, they struggled. Backbone, Cool Breeze, Witchdoctor, and Slim Calhoun all had songs that could've took them there, but the ball was dropped. All had hits on a local level and some on a national. There was also Killer Mike. Bone Crusher and Youngbloodz had Jermaine Dupri, who signed them to So So Def in '03.

And you're wrong about The Roots. They had their own movement in Philly. Prominent Philly artists cut their teeth on a Roots album.