Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
OutKast are pioneers. They were a part of the Southern pioneers of the early 90's.

:stop::stop::stop: I didn't even read past this sentence. you better use cut-n-paste for the other chit you typed, because THIS POST IS DISQUALIFIED.:stop::stop::stop:

outkast wasn't even around in the early '90s!!!!!!

ur just trying to push their debut up, after I noted that the pioneer southern rappers were late '80s/EARLY '90s.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Kast had hits all over BEFORE Stankonia.

There's East Coasters who ride for Kast.

yea they ride on the internet. theyre internet people.

kast is a coast-less & color-less group. and I'm not denying their hits at all.

they just didn't have the proper amount of popularity or impact of a goat group. and that's not by mistake.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Breh make a thread with your definition of Hip Hop and post Kast songs from their albums and ask if they fit the description. If the majority of the posters vote that its not Hip Hop according your definition of "hard drums/grooves", I will gladly drop the argument altogether.

youre asking him to set up a poll, because you know they will win any poll in their favor on this site.

I'm not gonna say that they aren't hip-hop, but they were clearly hybrid-based from day one. anyone who says otherwise, either isn't in denial or they don't know any better.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
clive davis had more vested interest in laface than bad boy.

quote my whole statement. in the bolded, I said they were viewed that way by SOME. the biased types. and that's not a bad thing, because lil jon & esb are the ones that made Atlanta into a viable scene on the rap map. NOT OUTKAST. so youre digging a hole by bringing that lil jon convo into this thread.

as for the Atlanta entertainment capital thing; youre just arguing for the sake of arguing, and not trying to use your brain - which is what everybody says when they get into a back-n-forth with you.
lol. the groups that you name-dropped and how they got on, are proof of what I'm saying. USE YOUR BRAIN. ITS NOT ABOUT REPPIN ATLANTA. nobody has to rep it at all. it was clearly a go-to place for the industry since the EARLY '90s.

it doesn't matter who was taken serious and who wasn't by certain people. LETS BE REALITY, most hip-hop heads still don't take the south seriously in 2017. BE SMART SON!!!!!!

nobody is saying that the south didn't already have artists. clearly that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the south wasn't a factor before master p. there were successful acts, but the region as a whole wasn't checked for beforehand. you get checked on this regularly by a lot of people, btw.

yes I know that outkast was successful but AS MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU, they were a hybrid group. that's what boosted their sales. they couldn't even put make Atlanta relevant on the RAP MAP.

Regardless of who he was more vested in. You first stated that La Face was responsible for "the Atlanta takeover" then you switched to Arista and chalked it up to you not wanting to type out La Face.

The "SOME" you are referring to are the same "SOME" you claim don't view OutKast as GOAT contenders. That "SOME" were so called Hip Hop heads. And here we have another contradiction, how did Lil Jon make Atlanta viable on the rap map when

1) You're claiming New Orleans made The South viable, which doesn't make sense being that Atlanta is a part of the South

2) Lil' Jon was making music back in the 90's, but his biggest hit was Ghost Town DJ's "My Boo". By the time Jon blew up, Kast had two platinum albums, one double platinum album, and one album that went quadruple platinum. Goodie Mob had three Gold albums. Ludacris had two multi-platinum albums. Jermaine Dupri had a platinum album.

3) Lil' Jon gets credit for spear heading the dominance of Atlanta and The South as a whole having a strong hold on Hip Hop, but he didn't make The South viable. When crunk took off, there was an influx of artists who started blowing up all over The South from David Banner to Bone Crusher.

Atlanta was a go-to city because it is one of the country's largest Black cities. It is what drew L.A. Reid and Babyface there to start La Face in the first place. It was also an untapped market for talent.

If it doesn't matter who was taken seriously and who wasn't, why are you making a thread attempting to speak for all Hip Hop heads in regard to Kast being seen as GOAT contenders? If it doesn't matter then it really shouldn't matter who sees Kast as GOAT contenders.

The South was a factor before P. The only real argument you could make in favor of P is him blowing New Orleans up. That and him showing artists that were selling albums from their trunks that they didn't need a major label deal.

You're contradicting yourself again by admitting The South ALREADY had successful acts, but then you want to say New Orleans blew The South up despite The South having successful artists from Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee.

OutKast was not a hybrid group. Breh, if you're trying to push this hybrid agenda for any Kast album before The Love Below, then what exactly are we labeling Bone?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea they ride on the internet. theyre internet people.

kast is a coast-less & color-less group. and I'm not denying their hits at all.

they just didn't have the proper amount of popularity or impact of a goat group. and that's not by mistake.

No, they are not. There's people who hold these opinions that don't post on message boards. You claim, you "get out", but your whole entire argument is predicated on the Internet.

Anybody that's heard Kast's music knows it's a Southern group and that it's Black music. Just because it's liked and consumed by people who aren't from the South and/or aren't Black isn't their fault. Breh, you make these blanket statements about popularity and impact, but have no credentials to speak on it because you're too biased and have delusions of grandeur.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No, they are not. There's people who hold these opinions that don't post on message boards. You claim, you "get out", but your whole entire argument is predicated on the Internet.

Anybody that's heard Kast's music knows it's a Southern group and that it's Black music. Just because it's liked and consumed by people who aren't from the South and/or aren't Black isn't their fault. Breh, you make these blanket statements about popularity and impact, but have no credentials to speak on it because you're too biased and have delusions of grandeur.

I'm not making any blanket statements. since you love industry quotes so much, their own fellow Atlanta rappers that speak highly of outkast, regularly say the same thing I said with that outkast/roots comment, but in different words.:whistle:

of course my argument is predicated on the internet. that's where outkast stans have a voice.

I never said they weren't southern or black. I'm saying that their appeal is coast-less & color-less. obviously you don't get the gist of what I'm saying, so nevermind.

obviously others from the south have sold records outside of the south. we're just now coming off of the master p discussion. difference is, when you bought a master p album, you knew you were directly investing in the southern rap market and you proceeded to look into other southern acts. that domino effect. outkast didn't have that domino effect. they were only able to give that rub to their crew, and it didn't go far. the furthest it went was with goodie mob, and they weren't some big success.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
me and @JustCKing about to do a first take type show on youtube.

a podcast or something,

we got that magic, Justin.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course my argument is predicated on the internet. that's where outkast stans have a voice.

I never said they weren't southern or black. I'm saying that their appeal is coast-less or color-less. obviously you don't get the gist of what I'm saying, so nevermind.

I'm not making any blanket statements. since you love industry quotes so much, their own fellow Atlanta rappers that speak highly of outkast, basically say the same thing I said with that outkast/roots comment, but in different words.:whistle:

Breh, you wouldn't even waste your time if this was just some Internet thing. Because if you were only addressing people on the Internet, you wouldn't be bringing the "real heads" into the argument. Why? Because you're essentially trying to argue that this is an opinion that is held online, which makes it pointless to argue from the perspective of people who don't put much stock into what stans are saying online anyway. I mean, you aren't making threads about how Kendrick Lamar isn't the greatest rapper alive. You aren't in that thread on Madlib being a Top 10 producer in Hip Hop either.

So basically, you just used "coast-less" and "color-less" in an attempt to look smart and when challenged on it, you pull another :whoa:.

OK, so you wouldn't mind pulling up some quotes from fellow Atlanta rappers.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll even start it:

T.I.:

"You got Goodie Mob's 'Cell Therapy' and Outkast's 'Elevators,'" T.I. says. "I mean that was the soundtrack of our generation; it was the beginning of an era, you know? 'Player's Ball' — there's so many songs by the entire Dungeon Family. It's hard to choose just a couple 'cause there were so many records that were just so influential to our era."--- T.I.

T.I.'s Atlanta: Hometown favourites from Outkast to Migos

If you can give us your Mount Rushmore for the artists in Atlanta, which four would you choose and why?

My Mount Rushmore in Atlanta? I have to say f---ing number one is Outkast! The sound that they delivered, the ground that they broke, the struggles that we overcame from a South standpoint when New York and hip hop was in its prime, this was one of the first respected groups from the South. ---- Drumma Boy

Drumma Boy Talks Working With 'Empire' Star Yazz & Why He's One of the 'Originators of Trap'

What were those songs that had that emotional connection for you as a fan?

I would go toward the movement that kind of motivated me to get where I am at, and I would even say the whole Outkast Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik album, [Dr. Dre's] whole Chronic album, Notorious B.I.G.'s first album and even 2Pac. I think those are what were ingrained in me and just motivated me to be a solo artist, but definitely in terms of the South, Outkast and Goodie Mob, I couldn't even say a song, both albums were entire pieces of work that you could listen to from beginning to end.----- Ludacris

Ludacris Q&A: His Next Album, Mourning Paul Walker & Vin Diesel's Rap Skills

“OutKast was setting the bar for Atlanta, getting us out of the booty shake zone, getting us to where people could actually listen to some lyrics, show creativity, and have live instruments,” stated 2 Chainz. “Goodie Mob was in the same bracket, in the same cloth, in the same blood vessel.”---- 2Chainz

2 Chainz & Lil Wayne Praise Goodie Mob & OutKast (VIDEO)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
They got to a point where they weren't hip-hop . . they were just responsible for those annoying songs that played on hip-hop stations

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Breh, you wouldn't even waste your time if this was just some Internet thing. Because if you were only addressing people on the Internet, you wouldn't be bringing the "real heads" into the argument. Why? Because you're essentially trying to argue that this is an opinion that is held online, which makes it pointless to argue from the perspective of people who don't put much stock into what stans are saying online anyway. I mean, you aren't making threads about how Kendrick Lamar isn't the greatest rapper alive. You aren't in that thread on Madlib being a Top 10 producer in Hip Hop either.

So basically, you just used "coast-less" and "color-less" in an attempt to look smart and when challenged on it, you pull another :whoa:.

OK, so you wouldn't mind pulling up some quotes from fellow Atlanta rappers.

:what:

I was one of the first, if not the first to out Kendrick for being a plant. and theres already enough threads about how overrated Kendrick is. but I know 15 years from now, i'll probably be making this same thread about Kendrick & j.cole.

I don't know anything about a madlib thread.

the coast-less/color-less thing wasn't even an insult.

I don't know if I want to waste my time looking for those quotes. youre horrible when it comes to reading between the lines. so whats the point?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'll even start it:

T.I.:

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

25 seconds in.

breh. outkast is to Atlanta, what the roots are to philly. and like I said, that's not a bad thing. but they didn't advance the city at all, let alone entire south. LOL