Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Charts and sales are an actual metric vs. "I heard (insert artist) blasting feon X amount of cars in transit to work" or "I don't know or never knew anybody that liked (insert artist) like that". Then when someone hits them with the rebuttal that disproves such claims, then there's the token "you weren't there". It's little juvenile, amateur arguments that are easily disproven. I use sales and charts because anyone can access that information and it proves that I'm not lying or making up facts to support a narrative.

You used the one year for Onyx because it was their hottest year. It wasn't to prove a point because the only thing you've proven is your disdain for Kast.

Breh you admittedly used a group who was never considered a GOAT group to at an attempt to discredit Kast.

The only reason you go so hard against Kast is because you never got into them, but see them propped up on and offline. And yes, I'm sure you've heard and seen them propped up on and offline. Otherwise you wouldn't go so hard against a group that only had an online fanbase and media hype.

1. this is the argument that is used by people who don't get out.
2. what? lol
3. are you dumb?
4. theres a lot of people that I never got into. people that are actually goat candidates. I call outkast out because theyre fughazi and don't have the proper credentials.
and nah, 95% of the time I see them propped up offline, is by media. that's the problem.

This proves you don't know what you're talking about. At first, it was La Face, now you're jumping ship to the parent label which also housed Bad Boy. So tell me what did this machine do for Kast that it didn't do for Biggie, Diddy, and Mase? And please tell me how you jumped from an imprint like La Face to Arista the parent label being the biggest machine in Black music? Next, you're going ro be in hwre telling me how BMG was the biggest machine in Black music and asking if anyone ever heard of Simon Cowell.

LOL @ calling anyone lil' dude. You siy there act like you're older yhan you actually are to prop yourself up as some old head when in actuality you possibly aren't much older than 31.

ive already mentioned arista plenty of times in this thread already. its just quicker to type laface. stop looking for a loophole. you know what I meant.

and your dumbass is proving my point with the bolded.

calling you "lil dude" has nothing to do with age. lol. what are you talking about? see this is why youre not qualified to speak on things like impact, and artists being factors & such. the social aspect of the culture is foreign to you. don't worry, most outkast stans are in the same boat, so youre not alone.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Bias. This is the type of garbage that gets you clowned. Just all types of corny. Just keep it real and say you weren't feeling them. The grand standing and posturing is laughable at this point. You up tje dame thread for five years with a corny, lame attempt to convince people that a group you claim had no relevance outside of the Internet and the media isn't in GOAT discussions. If you truly believed that you wouldn't be working overtime to up the thread everytime admiration or respect is shown for them.

how am I biased? I'm just stating how they were received by that point.

outkast themselves were complaining about their lack of popularity with the core rap audience on that very album. do you kast stans even listen to their music? or do yall just gas them up because of what they stand for, and the fact that yall can relate to them?.......see now we're getting to the meat & potatoes of this chit.

I don't care about whatever admiration or respect yall give to them on here. my gripe is when yall start revising history. how hard is this to understand?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
not to mention Clive Davis and arista ain't even come around til the 4th album. this dude is stuck in his own world and that's all he knows.

of course he didn't. clive worked hands-on over goats like whitney & Aretha. so of course he wasnt gonna give the time of day to a middle of the road rap duo.

but who do you think is holding the money & signing off on everything?

apparently YOURE THE ONE that's stuck in his own world.

BE SMART SON.
:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Y'all still entertaining this retard? :mjlol:

and now here comes the random name-calling after a long sabbatical. I guess the bullies let you back out of your locker?

that's when you know you've been sonned and now youre in your feelings.

these L7s mane.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
of course he didn't. clive worked hands-on over goats like whitney & Aretha. so of course he wasnt gonna give the time of day to a middle of the road rap duo.

but who do you think is holding the money & signing off on everything?

apparently YOURE THE ONE that's stuck in his own world.

BE SMART SON.
:
naw. i read LA Reid's book. they wasn't getting no money from arista like that.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
naw. i read LA Reid's book. they wasn't getting no money from arista like that.

describe LIKE THAT.

cuz outkast was one of the better promoted groups of the '90s.

they didn't get the same promotion that they got on the 4th & 5th albums, but they were str8 crossover with commercials on regular TV.

I'm talking about promotion in comparison to their peers.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
describe LIKE THAT.

cuz outkast was one of the better promoted groups of the '90s.

they didn't get the same promotion that they got on the 4th & 5th albums, but they were str8 crossover with commercials on regular TV.

I'm talking about promotion in comparison to their peers.
like arista wasn't supplying them with money, it's the reason tlc always complains about not getting paid.
"At that point, we were in a joint venture with Arista and BMG. So if Pebbles is accused of not paying TLC, then that means that I didn't pay her, which means that they didn't pay me," he continued.

When asked to specifically point an accusatory finger at Arista and BMG, Reid danced around the question: "Listen, y'all smart people. Y'all smart people, right? You're smart."

I'll re-read the outkast chapter when i get home so i can explain better.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
like arista wasn't supplying them with money, it's the reason tlc always complains about not getting paid.

I'll re-read the outkast chapter when i get home so i can explain better.

I'm not talking about the artist getting paid.

I'm talking about promotion.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
says the dude asking if Iverson was considered better than vince carter in that other thread.

if you don't get the f*ck outta here.:mjlol:
Look @ your avi :mjlol: , Vince was a 6"6-6"7 SG/SF who had an excellent inside and perimeter game dude was just lazy as fukk :russ:. I personally feel like Vince's best year was in New Jersey but if we talking about starting a franchise I'm taking the 6"6 SG with the dynamic offensive game over a 5"10 chucking midget ... It's like Me choosing IT over PG13 for a franchise :mjlol: Lil nikka fukk your heart:russ:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Look @ your avi :mjlol: , Vince was a 6"6-6"7 SG/SF who had an excellent inside and perimeter game dude was just lazy as fukk :russ:. I personally feel like Vince's best year was in New Jersey but if we talking about starting a franchise I'm taking the 6"6 SG with the dynamic offensive game over a 5"10 chucking midget ... It's like Me choosing IT over PG13 for a franchise :mjlol: Lil nikka fukk your heart:russ:

my avi changes once or twice a month. I prolly had vince in my avi before too.

you don't even realize how silly that question was. and you weren't even asking about the franchise thing(which is still silly), you asked who was better.

bottom line is: you weren't around. and that's one thing and I'm not mad at that. but its the fact that you have no clue what you came in here yappin about, but still felt qualified to throw out an insult.

that's pretty much this board in a nutshell tho. hence the revionist history that goes on around here, as it relates to the real topic at hand.

btw, IT3 isn't Iverson. plus Iverson wasn't a midget. he was listed at 6'0 and came in the league dunking.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Hell naw Dungeon Fam was/is hood born 'n raised they just didn't need to glorify it every other song..Instead they gave us some soul food for thought

:what:

this has nothing to do with that.

Last edited: