Daps
100 pages

:salute: to all that helped make this happen

KING OF THE COLI YALL.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Not when it's cherry picked to serve an agenda. I mean, in this thread someone tried to make a case that throwing hard Hip Hop drums onto something from another genre makes it 100% Hip Hop.

hip-hop was BUILT off of hard drums from other genres breh.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I thought that stupidity in the hip hop world started when mumble rap became popular but it appears you were dumb at least 5 years ago.

My theories are all wrong :mjgrin:

:camby:

TYPICAL RESPONSE IN THIS THREAD.

you clowns don't realize that youre proving me correct.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
How did anything I said prove anything you said correct? The only thing I'm seeing in here are your irrelevant 5 year old opinions :russ:

posts with no substance or content.

95% of yall who disagree with me, know you have no legs to stand on.
either that, or you don't know much of anything either way, but feel the need to chine in.

Daps
posts with no substance or content.

95% of yall who disagree with me, know you have no legs to stand on.
either that, or you don't know much of anything either way, but feel the need to chine in.

You call your posts substantial? LOL Okay, let's try this then.

Wacky D said:
i'll begin with one of my favorite selections:

1.) when they were actually good and in their prime, they werent even a top tier group. how could you possibly be a top 5 all-time group when you werent even top 5 when you were hot? and do remember, they were always one of the better promoted groups, had one of the goat machines behind them, and were promoted better than half the groups that were ahead of them.

2.) this is my favorite:
outkast does NOT have the catalog to compete with the true goats. they dont have any ALL-TIME albums, songs, verses, lines, NONE OF THAT. if you try to compare catalogs, you'll realize that youre in way over your head.

3.) theyve had minimal influence on the culture.

4.) theyve had minimal impact on the culture. im not talking about in the pop world or the r&B realm. im talking about in HIP-HOP. i could care less how many records they sold off of "hey ya" and how many grammies and fruity accolades they got off that extra-curricular chit. and for the record, SB/TLB only sold 5 mil. not 10. it was a double cd, and it came out when double cds were cheap on top of that.

1. This is your opinion, and one I disagree with. They were amazing lyricists in their prime and had dope production. They won at the famous Source Awards over the East and the West. Your argument is that they were better promoted? LOL

2. Outkast has 3 classics. Biggie doesn't have 3. Kanye doesn't have 3. Nas doesn't have 3. Ice Cube doesn't have 3. Jay Z does. Who else?

3. They've had a HUGE influence on the culture, even today. They helped shape the way the South sounds. Hell, they brought the South to the forefront of rap with their Source Awards speech.

4. They've had a HUGE impact on the culture. And it's "couldn't care less". English is easy. You're downplaying their SB/TLB sales, but acting like 5M isn't impressive.

Sounds like you're just looking for reasons to hate Outkast :yeshrug: did they double team your girl or something? :wow:

I rest my case :hubie:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You call your posts substantial? LOL Okay, let's try this then.

1. This is your opinion, and one I disagree with. They were amazing lyricists in their prime and had dope production. They won at the famous Source Awards over the East and the West. Your argument is that they were better promoted? LOL

2. Outkast has 3 classics. Biggie doesn't have 3. Kanye doesn't have 3. Nas doesn't have 3. Ice Cube doesn't have 3. Jay Z does. Who else?

3. They've had a HUGE influence on the culture, even today. They helped shape the way the South sounds. Hell, they brought the South to the forefront of rap with their Source Awards speech.

4. They've had a HUGE impact on the culture. And it's "couldn't care less". English is easy. You're downplaying their SB/TLB sales, but acting like 5M isn't impressive.

Sounds like you're just looking for reasons to hate Outkast :yeshrug: did they double team your girl or something? :wow:

I rest my case :hubie:

1.) you obviously don't know what an opinion is.
you saying that they were amazing lyricists, had dope production, etc IS AN OPINION.
I'm saying that they weren't received on the level of a top-tier group in their prime.............FACTS!!!!!

them winning a source award is neither here nor there. they could've swept the whole show for all I care. that's just industry chit. it doesn't change their status.

also, you cant read. SMH. me saying that they were one of the better-promoted groups was not an argument. it was me saying that they had no excuse to not be top-tier. for example, jay-z wasn't a top-tier rapper star in the reasonable doubt days, but he was on an indie deal. u follow me now?

2.) here you go with more opinions.
lets be clear. outkast has fan classics. their fans think they have 3 classics. they don't have any albums that people who generally don't like them or don't care about them, will go to and say "THATS A CLASSIC'. jay-z has that, biggie has that, nas & cube have those.

3.) southern hip-hop sounds nothing like outkast. and lol @ you thinking outkast had anything to do with the south moving to the forefront. especially that "speech" at the source awards, which is overstated by people who weren't around:mjlol:

4.) what is their impact on the culture? influencing a crop of industry plants 20 years later is nothing to hang your hat on.
and theres a whole thread of people telling you the real deal concerning those SB/TLB sales.

youre better at trolling, but if you start doing your homework, you could turn into a good poster.
youre way off, but I appreciate the effort and respect you for having an actual debate.

dap + rep
this is all I ask folks.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
naw they weren't getting play like that in the west, maybe the bay but certainly not LA. outkast was bigger, easily.

I'm not arguing who was bigger out west. but I know mob deep had hits out there that they would go to perform even back then.

they also had greater significance on the rap game & the culture than outkast.