Reasons why "Family Matters" actually sucked and didn't age well

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I thought it was incredibly distasteful for him to tell Kendrick's wife "shake that ass bytch". :picard:

It was a solid track, it's just that all his ammo against Kendrick was so far out (because they were bold lies) that most people reacted to the wife beating and cuckhold accusations like :unimpressed:.
Kendrick is anti 69 cuz he’s physically too short to actually 69 with Whitney

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
I don't think Family Matters sucked at all...it just didn't win. Kendrick crushed the impact before it got the chance to do anything, which in hindsight was genius. If Kendrick would've let FM have impact for more than a couple of days, things might've been slightly different because Drake was actually spitting on that. He just fukked up with the slave comment but outside of that it was a good diss....just got washed out by Kendrick's strategic planning.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
1. "Really, really tryna keep it PG" wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was and lowkey backfired tremendously

2. YG responded and said keep my name out ya mouth ya weird ass nikka

3. "Ain't getting shyt shot" line got Drake's house and bodyguard shot up

4. Dave Free and Whitney mentions went absolutely nowhere

5. Pharrell diss wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was, you can't diss somebody for having possession of their jewelry when you paid millions to purchase the shyt

6. Sexy Red quoted bars were cringeworthy at best and lowkey added validity to the "2 bad bytches" line

7. Dissing someone for receiving too many Grammys and awards is a weird flex and a reach

8. Rick Ross and ASAP Rocky got dissed the hardest and neither of them gave a fukk

9. Mentioning having a "Big D" then mentioning kids playing at the park right after was self-ether

10. The whole MJ/Prince switch up felt desperate and lame considering he's the one that was talking rah rah about that initially on First Person Shooter

11. He admitted he got "slimed for his AP" which ain't appropriate on a diss record

12. "Slaves freed" line was horrible optics for a mixed dude that has public blackface pictures blasted everywhere

13. "Head to Delilah with all of my ice" he sounded soft as hell when he said this with that high pitched ass singing voice shyt

14. All the short jokes were absolute misses

15. Insinuating Keem wrote for him is baseless as hell

i could keep going but i'ma leave it at those :manny: i don't wanna hear no talk on here about that song being good ever again
Every point is valid besides the Blackface shyt.

It's disingenuous for people to still be pretending they don't have context for those pictures that were on his ovo blog for years and not "exposed" or hidden. The fact that they were from a racism awareness campaign. You can say the execution was trash but to pretend it's the same as the slave live is weird.

The slave line was lack of awareness and insult. The Black face pics are always presented in a false context like it was done for malice. When people start massaging the truth something is weird.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
I don't think Family Matters sucked at all...it just didn't win. Kendrick crushed the impact before it got the chance to do anything, which in hindsight was genius. If Kendrick would've let FM have impact for more than a couple of days, things might've been slightly different because Drake was actually spitting on that. He just fukked up with the slave comment but outside of that it was a good diss....just got washed out by Kendrick's strategic planning.
Nah. This shyt was subpar for the high level of the beef. Especially after the taunting and A I. debacle

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Nobody cares about any of that. People liked the flow and beat switches, then they rubbed their hands while anticipating the fukkery that would come from it.

Outside of Not Like Us, I don’t see many people revisiting the other songs from the beef. So whether they age well or not doesn’t really matter

100% bro that's why they swamp family matters in views :dead:

fukking retarded dikk riders

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crushing the GKMC minivan :gladbron:

Buying Pharrels Neptunes chain from an auction :gladbron:

Wearing cams pink fur jacket :gladbron:

Buying a signed Pusha T Microphone :gladbron:

Buying tupacs rings from an action :gladbron:

His pool his bigger than Ye’s :gladbron::gladbron:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread....

If people think "Family Matters" is the best record :yeshrug: but people stopped listening to it almost immediately. So I'm kinda confused. Every Drake fan/stan claims Drake won and/or "FM" was the best but it dropped from 7 to something like 48, then 99, and now it's completely off the charts.

So the math ain't matching. Say what you want about Kendrick fans but they actually continued to support the songs they claim are better.

Fred.

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
2 months later, its still bad and kendrick still made 4 much better records objectively speaking and anyone sayinf different is just a pathetic drake fan who is probably a pedo

• Dap
Reactions: 2CT

2CT

Event Staff Only
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
As far as the thread....

If people think "Family Matters" is the best record :yeshrug: but people stopped listening to it almost immediately. So I'm kinda confused. Every Drake fan/stan claims Drake won and/or "FM" was the best but it dropped from 7 to something like 48, then 99, and now it's completely off the charts.

So the math ain't matching. Say what you want about Kendrick fans but they actually continued to support the songs they claim are better.

Fred.

Drake fans are master manipulators just like their idol :mjlol:

they ain’t even bumping FM themselves but they in here and everywhere else trying to convince people it’s good without any real explanation on how it’s good

then wanna respond to the points i presented like “why you nitpicking on a Friday afternoon bro” :mjlol:

TLDR they some dogs and they know it they just play sweet :wrist: :mjlol:

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
Kendrick has better reviews for all his songs, they all pulled better numbers, and objectively they're all better
the fact drake fans have such a shyt ear for music is worrying for the sake of hip hop.

But at least we can be happy their idol lost (and it wasn't even close) and the community is celebrating the fact Kendrick released much better music.

I can't be mad at drake fans though, I'de be mad as well if my favorite artist made a song as bad as Familly Matters :mjlol:

That shyt is so trash, so sonically trash, that even with a major promotion and rollout it becamse a certified FLOP :mjlol:

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
None of that matters

Winning Beef is about who makes the better song.

Not Like Us is a club record, it sealed the deal for Drake’s L.

Drake didnt play to his strengths and didnt make a hit. The lyrical shyt doesnt work.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
No point to even address this shyt. Whole thread is filled with bots.