Reasons why "Family Matters" actually sucked and didn't age well

2CT

Event Staff Only
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
I feel bad for Drake though. Family Matters is probably the best rap song he ever made, but shyt looks so poor in comparison to what kendrick released :wow:

after Euphoria dude shoulda stopped tryna go at everybody and just went solely at Kendrick, i think that's where he messed up in that regard

dude was going at a group of dudes who were pretty much like :manny: about having back and forth battles while Kendrick was taking headshots the whole time :huhldup:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
i was saying HOW he said that part sounded bytch made, nice reading comprehension skills :mjlol:

i posted 15 points on why the song sucks and you refuted one of em :mjlol: nice job fam

And I'll still say you're wrong. It's not a lack of reading comprehension; it's subjective shyt. You think he sounded soft when he was talking his shyt about going there. I disagree.

Lmao, nikka, you're lucky I even posted in this thread. You've lost the plot of you think I'm actually gonna give a rebuttal to every single one of your points on Friday afternoon.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
5. Pharrell diss wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was, you can't diss somebody for having possession of their jewelry when you paid millions to purchase the shyt
I think the larger issue is Drake collecting jewelry and memorabilia from rappers he doesnt like or is disrespecting plays strongly into the Colonizer angle.

Black_Panther_OCT17_Trailer_48.png

2CT

Event Staff Only
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
And I'll still say you're wrong. It's not a lack of reading comprehension; it's subjective shyt. You think he sounded soft when he was talking his shyt about going there. I disagree.

Lmao, nikka, you're lucky I even posted in this thread. You've lost the plot of you think I'm actually gonna give a rebuttal to every single one of your points on Friday afternoon.

it's actually not subjective, that nikka had 0 bass in his voice and sounded like he was doing a Coi Leray impression when he said that shyt :russ: it's a fact he sounded soft

you ain't refute the points cause you can't refute the points :umad: i don't give a damn what day it is

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
Im not into fan-fiction
Meet the Grahams is a shyt record.

:dwillhuh: how can you fukk wit FM then?…

drake pulled a whole domestic violence and secret love child scenario out of thin air…

at least kendrick could say he was fed false info about the daughter shyt…

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
it's actually not subjective, that nikka had 0 bass in his voice and sounded like he was doing a Coi Leray impression when he said that shyt :russ: it's a fact he sounded soft

you ain't refute the points cause you can't refute the points :umad: i don't give a damn what day it is

You sound very upset. You got it.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even think it was Kendricks disses that killed it, that song could've been out for a week and the reception would've only been slightly better. It wasn't that KO punch at all. It's not really a playable song, it's just a serious diss record, and the angles didn't hit.

Nobody gives a fukk about Kendrick being fukked over on his record deal, he's not Jay or 50 where he has some boss image to uphold. Same thing with Dave Free fukking his girl.

You hurt Kendrick by attacking his artistic credibility and his moral character, because thats how he portrays his strengths. The woman beater angle could've worked, but people wanted Kendrick to win and gave him benefit of the doubt, so he needed to drop proof for that one to hit and have people turn on Kendrick.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I doubt Kendrick would've been THAT prepared or methodical If Drake didn't announce when FN dropped.

If so Kendrick is damn near a prophet if he did that, especially how quick he dropped MTG.

Kendrick knew Family Matters was coming before Drake announced it. Listen to Euphoria and 6:16 In La. He called everything Drake was going to say INCLUDING the disses to Pharrell.

Drake 100% had a leak in the OVO camp.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick knew Family Matters was coming before Drake announced it. Listen to Euphoria and 6:16 In La. He called everything Drake was going to say INCLUDING the disses to Pharrell.

Drake 100% had a leak in the OVO camp.
I didn't put too much stock into that being the fact the whole "You hiding a daughter" angle hasn't been proven.

But I don't doubt Drake got some snakes in his circle.