Reasons why "Family Matters" actually sucked and didn't age well

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Family Matters sucked because Drake sucks. Period.

His best performance in the battle was chalk full of easily refutable lies, obvious ghost-written bars, corny one-liners, tired cliches, and the few good lines were reserved for MC’s no one cared about. Even the ONE quotable he managed to land “Kendrick just opened his mouth/somebody go give him a Grammy right now” has been turned against him as its all but guaranteed that the most popular diss track of the last ten years WILL indeed receive several Grammy nominations.

derro13

All Star
Daps
It's definitely not, MTG is an objectively bad record. It's not even close.
Lol MTG is one of the best records of all time :dead:
You're a clone. It's even insulting to even pretend drake had a song that came close.
Even when we look further than this beef. Drake has never crafted a song as epic as MTG

(but hey, no surprise you're in the minority and against a strong consensus)

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Drakes house getting shot at had ZERO to do with shyt it was internal conflict he has with XO

marleyg

drug
Daps
Reppin
coLT$, kAkALAk
619pGO55i1L.jpg

🏀

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
1. "Really, really tryna keep it PG" wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was and lowkey backfired tremendously

2. YG responded and said keep my name out ya mouth ya weird ass nikka

3. "Ain't getting shyt shot" line got Drake's house and bodyguard shot up

4. Dave Free and Whitney mentions went absolutely nowhere

5. Pharrell diss wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was, you can't diss somebody for having possession of their jewelry when you paid millions to purchase the shyt

6. Sexy Red quoted bars were cringeworthy at best and lowkey added validity to the "2 bad bytches" line

7. Dissing someone for receiving too many Grammys and awards is a weird flex and a reach

8. Rick Ross and ASAP Rocky got dissed the hardest and neither of them gave a fukk

9. Mentioning having a "Big D" then mentioning kids playing at the park right after was self-ether

10. The whole MJ/Prince switch up felt desperate and lame considering he's the one that was talking rah rah about that initially on First Person Shooter

11. He admitted he got "slimed for his AP" which ain't appropriate on a diss record

12. "Slaves freed" line was horrible optics for a mixed dude that has public blackface pictures blasted everywhere

13. "Head to Delilah with all of my ice" he sounded soft as hell when he said this with that high pitched ass singing voice shyt

14. All the short jokes were absolute misses

15. Insinuating Keem wrote for him is baseless as hell

i could keep going but i'ma leave it at those :manny: i don't wanna hear no talk on here about that song being good ever again

I like the beats and the flow, but the lyrics are just too corny I often end up switching to another song.

Drake from Canada trying to chastise Kendrick about not banging a set, while bigging up Chris Brown for being a celebrity gang member...if those lines weren't in there as well as a few others I'd enjoy the song a whole lot more.

Labeling his girl "a mixed queen" as a knock to Kendrick's perception as being pro black is just dumb as hell. He fukked the song up with these braindead lines.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
My honest, unbiased rankings have generally not changed. Family matters is a great record. Kendrick is just that nasty that he has 3 songs better :scusthov::manny:

Meet the Grahams
Not Like Us
6:16
Family Matters
Euphoria
Push Ups- Get Money OG version
Taylor Made
Champagne Moments
Heart Part 6
Push Ups official
The J Cole diss track i forget the name :heh:

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Wouldn't have mattered. Kendrick had his follow up already. He'd have dropped it right after announced or not
I doubt Kendrick would've been THAT prepared or methodical If Drake didn't announce when FN dropped.

If so Kendrick is damn near a prophet if he did that, especially how quick he dropped MTG.