"Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" New York Jets 2012 offseason thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
@RichCimini
RB Bilal Powell getting some first-team reps and looking good

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Encouraging words for Jets fans

Busting Training camp myths Notice the story above the Jets one!

Busting myths about Broncos, 49ers, Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow - NFL.com

he Myth: The Jets are a chaotic mess at quarterback.

The Truth: Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow will work.

Let me give it to you in the simplest of terms. Tebow is the backup quarterback and will run the Wildcat. He is an upgrade over Mark Brunell. And because he is the omnipresent Timothy Richard Tebow, he will light a fire under Sanchez. In fact, he already has.

Sanchez had too many turnovers in big spots last season and lost the team. The Jets smartly lit a spark. Talking to Sanchez, you hear an edge, a seriousness to him that hadn't been evident in his first three years. He is now the first guy in the building and the last one to leave.

New offensive coordinator Tony Sparano is the key. He is no-nonsense, and Sanchez has responded to his coaching. Sparano will run the ball, unlike former offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who ruined Christmas with his 59 passes last Dec. 24 in a loss to the Giants. Tebow is Sparano's Ricky Williams/Ronnie Brown in New York. The polarizing signal caller will run the Wildcat. Sanchez, like Chad Pennington in Miami, will be split out wide and deal with it.

I'm not naïve to the power of Tebow. Every Sanchez miscue will be magnified, with chants of "Te-bow" heard in unison. But let's not forget Sanchez does have four road playoff wins under his belt. The Jets' defense will help out, returning to prominence as a top-three unit. Last year was a lost season. The Tebow trade has actually helped Sanchez -- and the Jets -- find their identity again.

I want to believe...

tumblr_m81pjy6svJ1qgvmbz.gif

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
I know, now, exactly why the Jets acquired Tebow! His play at QB makes Sanchez's play at QB look sooooo much better in practice and this is turning public opinion towards Sanchez in a positive light AND this gives Sanchez confidence as a QB so he can finally maximize his potential

:mindblown:

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
"@ConanOBrien: I predict 350 lb. weight lifter Holley Mangold will bring home the gold and 4 guys against their will."

"@ChrisJabo: It's amazing that Holley Mangold can lift heavier weights than her brother Nick Mangold, he's only a Pro-Bowl center"

"@H_Bernnn: Cool to think that Holley Mangold was on true life and she's now in the Olympics and from Dayton, Ohio. And her brother a former player ..."

"@AaronDLT: Is Holley Mangold stronger than her brother, Nick, who happens to be the starting center of the New York Jets?"

"@GlobalEd718: @TeritaTweets I'm not saying this to be funny, but Holley Mangold played offensive line next to her brother in HS."

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
"@DOM_TIBERI: Watching Holly Mangold (sister of my good friend, Nick) compete in the Olympics makes me proud that my daughters are smokin' hot."
Comments like this by his a$$hole friends make Nick Mangold ashamed of his muscle-bound sister.

eifmp

Looking for a rich woman to take care of me
Daps
Reppin
Staten Island, NY
"@DOM_TIBERI: Watching Holly Mangold (sister of my good friend, Nick) compete in the Olympics makes me proud that my daughters are smokin' hot."
Comments like this by his a$$hole friends make Nick Mangold ashamed of his muscle-bound sister.

Any father who describes his daughters as "smokin' hot", is someone to keep an eye on. fukk kinda shyt is that to say about your own children? That's a red flag in my mind.

eifmp

Looking for a rich woman to take care of me
Daps
Reppin
Staten Island, NY
I have to revisit these 2010 comebacks you 2 have brought up. I don't remember it.

Drop specific games please.

Mark Sanchez has THE MOST game winning touchdown drives of all QB’s since he entered the league (11).

1 in 2009 --- San Diego in the playoffs
6 in 2010 (led the league) --- Denver, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Texans, Indy in the playoffs
4 in 2011 --- Buffalo, Redskins, Dallas, San Diego

I believe in Mark Sanchez. What I don't believe in is the Jets front office. Follow me for a second as I take you thru the Jets 2011 season.

* Let's release our fast, 28 year old, leading receiver from 2010 (Edwards) and replace him with Plaxico Burress: a slower, 34 year old who just got out of jail and by the way...we hadn't even worked him out yet!!!!!! Oops! Turns out he runs a 5.3 40, and can't get consistent separation between the 20's.

*Then Let Jerricho Cotchery go. A 28 year old, quick, sure handed slot receiver, and replace him with a 39 year old that the Baltimore Ravens, a team at the time that was desperate for receivers, released.

*Then...after Damien Woody retires, we replace him with a backup who had played well for a few games (Hunter). Of course that tells a whole players career, so we're not too concerned that his back-up Ducasse is a human turnstyle.

*Then when our Pro-bowl Center (Mangold) gets hurt, we replace him with an undrafted rookie who is currently out of the league. During the two games Mangold missed Sanchez is sacked 6 times with 4 forced fumbles, 3 of them lost.

But y'know what hurts the most? At the end of the season anonymous players call out Sanchez for not improving. But if the Jets had the Sanchez from 2009 or 2010 on the 2011 Jets team, behind that line! with lesser WR talent! and just an average running game! We'd have been a 4-12 team. Sanchez did improve and it's the ONLY reason that flawed as hell 2011 Jets team even got to .500 or even sniffed the playoffs.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Mark Sanchez has THE MOST game winning touchdown drives of all QB’s since he entered the league (11).

1 in 2009 --- San Diego in the playoffs
6 in 2010 (led the league) --- Denver, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Texans, Indy in the playoffs
4 in 2011 --- Buffalo, Redskins, Dallas, San Diego

I believe in Mark Sanchez. What I don't believe in is the Jets front office. Follow me for a second as I take you thru the Jets 2011 season.

* Let's release our fast, 28 year old, leading receiver from 2010 (Edwards) and replace him with Plaxico Burress: a slower, 34 year old who just got out of jail and by the way...we hadn't even worked him out yet!!!!!! Oops! Turns out he runs a 5.3 40, and can't get consistent separation between the 20's.

*Then Let Jerricho Cotchery go. A 28 year old, quick, sure handed slot receiver, and replace him with a 39 year old that the Baltimore Ravens, a team at the time that was desperate for receivers, released.

*Then...after Damien Woody retires, we replace him with a backup who had played well for a few games (Hunter). Of course that tells a whole players career, so we're not too concerned that his back-up Ducasse is a human turnstyle.

*Then when our Pro-bowl Center (Mangold) gets hurt, we replace him with an undrafted rookie who is currently out of the league. During the two games Mangold missed Sanchez is sacked 6 times with 4 forced fumbles, 3 of them lost.

But y'know what hurts the most? At the end of the season anonymous players call out Sanchez for not improving. But if the Jets had the Sanchez from 2009 or 2010 on the 2011 Jets team, behind that line! with lesser WR talent! and just an average running game! We'd have been a 4-12 team. Sanchez did improve and it's the ONLY reason that flawed as hell 2011 Jets team even got to .500 or even sniffed the playoffs.

It's OK to not believe in either, as they've all given us reasons to be skeptical. At this point, I'm reduced to hoping the "Sanchize" becomes what Chris Leak was at Florida.

Sanchez sucked last season and yes, the Jets didn't do much to improve a year ago, but that man's decision making is still terrible. The Jets probably have a bottom five offense in the league. It's not all Fez's fault, but I don't think he's part of the solution either.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
we have no one on offense

I think this offense will allow Santonio Holmes to turn upfield and take short passes to the house for big plays.

Schotty really didn't use him enough on crossing routes and routes where he could create.