"Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" New York Jets 2012 offseason thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I think this offense will allow Santonio Holmes to turn upfield and take short passes to the house for big plays.

Schotty really didn't use him enough on crossing routes and routes where he could create.

possibly...teams know that one read quick slant is the only pass Sanchez really seems comfortable with so they jump it.

I dont even know who's going to start on the other side. Patrick Turner? ugh.

Looking at Hill run routes he just looks like a track sprinter that was given a helmet and pads....he doesnt have those instincts yet to get off the line.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
possibly...teams know that one read quick slant is the only pass Sanchez really seems comfortable with so they jump it.

I dont even know who's going to start on the other side. Patrick Turner? ugh.

Looking at Hill run routes he just looks like a track sprinter that was given a helmet and pads....he doesnt have those instincts yet to get off the line.

We need to bring someone else in.

I wish Plax didn't leave on such Schotty terms. He also was misused last year.

:(

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

Plax apparently owes a lot of money back in taxes....theres a reason no one has touched him

He's slow as shyt but he wasnt awful last year either.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Plax apparently owes a lot of money back in taxes....theres a reason no one has touched him

He's slow as shyt but he wasnt awful last year either.

Yeah. He could have scored double digits in TD's had Schotty not went to those retarded red zone packages.

We need some serious leadership at the receiver position.

Daps

terrell-owens-kentucky-derby-e1273360707836.jpg

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Yeah. He could have scored double digits in TD's had Schotty not went to those retarded red zone packages.

We need some serious leadership at the receiver position.

I really hope Hill is more WR than track star.

:manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan White is my sleeper for a big year on the wide receiver position. I said he take slot from Kerley and looking like it will happen, I hope so.

I also see Sanchez going through his progressions now. He's going to have a big year.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Jordan White is my sleeper for a big year on the wide receiver position. I said he take slot from Kerley and looking like it will happen, I hope so.

I also see Sanchez going through his progressions now. He's going to have a big year.

if he can stay healthy it wouldnt surprise me. I watched White a couple time in college and he just has "it" in terms of fidning space and getting open in the mid range passing game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
if he can stay healthy it wouldnt surprise me. I watched White a couple time in college and he just has "it" in terms of fidning space and getting open in the mid range passing game.

Hopefully he can stay healthy. We'll see if he plays this friday to see what he has, hopefully he balls out.

We finally agree on something :cheers:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And to tremonthustler who wanted us to draft David Decastro

Per Rotoworld:

According to the Beaver County Times, Steelers rookie RG David DeCastro "hasn’t exactly been a camp sensation."

DeCastro has yet to unseat incumbent Ramon Foster, and admitted to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger he's struggling with the physical aspect of the NFL game. The Steelers didn't take the rare step of using a first-round pick on a guard to have him sit on the sideline, but it sounds like DeCastro is going to need every preseason rep he can get in preparation for Week 1.

Not to say he won't be something special, but it's not looking good right now. You never know what you getting exactly when u draft a player.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
MAYHEM STRIKES AGAIN: If OLB Aaron Maybin can take his training-camp performance to the regular season, he'll end up in the Pro Bowl. The offense can't block him. Once again, he had a big day, recording two sacks in back-to-back periods in team drills. He's had a lot of success rushing up the middle. Of course, it might not be that easy when C Nick Mangold returns to practice.

Mangold, who went to London to see his sister compete in the Olympics, didn't make back in time for the morning practice.

INJURY REPORT: WR Santonio Holmes (ribs), RT Wayne Hunter (back), NT Sione Pouha (head), WR Jeremy Kerley (hamstring) and S LaRon Landry (foot) were among those that didn't practice.

ODDS AND ENDS: Harris had a nice day -- an interception and a pass break-up ... S Yeremiah Bell knifed into the backfield to tackle Shonn Greene for a loss ... Rookie WR Jordan White, coming off a broken foot, is starting to make his presence felt. The coaches like him as a slot receiver. With all the injuries at receiver, he got some reps with the starting unit and caught Sanchez's first completion of the day ... Another good day for RB Bilal Powell, who is putting all kind of pressure on Joe McKnight.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Maybin bringing pressure up the middle? :leon:

Maybe putting on extra weight wasn't a bad idea after all

NYC Rebel

Daps
Maybin's coverage sacks last season were overrated as fukk....