"Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" New York Jets 2012 offseason thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I don't get is he was so terrible when he helped the Jets get to two AFC championships?

I don't think he is good either, but I think he knew Sanchez was limited. Look at happened when they tried "opening it up", it was a disaster.

They tried opening it up with 2 new wide receivers in Plaxico & Derrick Mason, and both of them are out of the NFL now.

Schotty offense is a single read, I don't know how many times he had Sanchez locked on the player the ball was suppose go to and if wasn't there Sanchez would do dumb stuff with the ball.

Schotty even said himself he would have Qb's stare down receivers :thumbsdown:

Daps
It's funny. You're now questioning Jets fans for not giving Sanchez props for "helping" the Jets to get to two AFC championships, then you eventually revert back to Jets fans overrating Sanchez.

:rudy:

You don't know whether you're coming or going.

Point blank, this is a make or break year for Sanchez. To me, he can't throw the deep pass worth shyt and is always a split second late in his decision making. But what he does do well is that he isn't scared of the big moment and the upside is that there is a clear track record of quarterbacks having BETTER YEARS once Schottenheimer is gone.

No i`m not, i`m saying Schottenheimer helped yall to those 2 chips by keeping things simple and not letting Sanchez blow it.

I wasn't speaking about Sanchez in my post, it was about your boy Schotty

I agree with you about it being a make or break for #6, hence Tebow. He will break though, he is mentally weak

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
They tried opening it up with 2 new wide receivers in Plaxico & Derrick Mason, and both of them are out of the NFL now.

Schotty offense is a single read, I don't know how many times he had Sanchez locked on the player the ball was suppose go to and if wasn't there Sanchez would do dumb stuff with the ball.

Schotty even said himself he would have Qb's stare down receivers :thumbsdown:

you are just making shyt up.

Schotty's biggest issue was calling games....he had no idea how to make the right playcall at the right time

All the NFL teams run the same plays for the most part...there are no secret plays that the rest of the league was running that Schotty didnt know about. He wasnt running a single read offense either. Sanchez just happened to struggle with multiple reads on straight drop back plays.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
No i`m not, i`m saying Schottenheimer helped yall to those 2 chips by keeping things simple and not letting Sanchez blow it.

Neither Schottenheimer or Sanchez led offenses LED the Jets to those AFC championships.

That was the Jets defense which was most responsible.

If your thesis about "not letting Sanchez blow it was correct" then it would be found in Sanchez "blowing it" in the AFC championship games....CORRECT?

If you were brave enough to say yes....then you'd see that your opinion is FLAWED when I bring up how in the AFC championships games, Sanchez played WELL.

Against the Colts, he threw 7 first half passes, one bomb to Braylon Edwards who had a rookie on him...and guess what? Schotty NEVER attacked that rookie again. Sanchez also played well against the Steelers in the AFC championship game. So please.....stop giving Schotty or Sanchez credit for the Jets going to those games.

No...you DONT know the Jets as well as I do.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you are just making shyt up.

Schotty's biggest issue was calling games....he had no idea how to make the right playcall at the right time

All the NFL teams run the same plays for the most part...there are no secret plays that the rest of the league was running that Schotty didnt know about. He wasnt running a single read offense either. Sanchez just happened to struggle with multiple reads on straight drop back plays.

He is a play-caller who looks at the huddle from the sideline and decides “I want to get the ball to this player.” And he makes his calls, in part, based on that. He will give his quarterbacks some flexibility, but “you might see a stare every now and then when the ball is not going where we want it.”

Passed over for Jets' top spot, Schottenheimer finds same gig, bigger role

DLWyx.jpg

bCAAv.jpg

zMGGK.jpg

w6ioV.jpg

Sanchez only read was LT, but corner took that away, but Kerley is left wide open, and Sanchez runs and gets tackled. Should be a completion on that play :snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Landry activated from the PUP....lets cross our fingers now.

Daps
Neither Schottenheimer or Sanchez led offenses LED the Jets to those AFC championships.

That was the Jets defense which was most responsible.

If your thesis about "not letting Sanchez blow it was correct" then it would be found in Sanchez "blowing it" in the AFC championship games....CORRECT?

If you were brave enough to say yes....then you'd see that your opinion is FLAWED when I bring up how in the AFC championships games, Sanchez played WELL.

Against the Colts, he threw 7 first half passes, one bomb to Braylon Edwards who had a rookie on him...and guess what? Schotty NEVER attacked that rookie again. Sanchez also played well against the Steelers in the AFC championship game. So please.....stop giving Schotty or Sanchez credit for the Jets going to those games.

No...you DONT know the Jets as well as I do.

I do not pretend to know the Jets as well as a life-ling Jets fan, but I do know as fans we tend to over-rate players/make excuses for our teams, I see you do that a lot with the whole Schotty thing.

He is your whipping boy but the reality is he guided a rookie QB enough to give t he Jets the chance to win in those playoff games in his 1st year.

Of course the defense is what won those games though, but still Sanchez had some of his best games in his career in those playoff games, you can't completely dismiss Schotty from those games.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I do not pretend to know the Jets as well as a life-ling Jets fan, but I do know as fans we tend to over-rate players/make excuses for our teams, I see you do that a lot with the whole Schotty thing.

He is your whipping boy but the reality is he guided a rookie QB enough to give t he Jets the chance to win in those playoff games in his 1st year.

This entire post is trying to frame me as someone Im not and you completely avoiding what I asked you to answer.

Even in a thread where I post about Sanchez flaws, I'm still making it ALL about Schotty in your eyes. :rudy:

There's no talking to someone like you.

Daps
This entire post is trying to frame me as someone Im not and you completely avoiding what I asked you to answer.

Even in a thread where I post about Sanchez flaws, I'm still making it ALL about Schotty in your eyes. :rudy:

There's no talking to someone like you.

I`m not saying you don't critcize Sanchez, I just noticed through the years of posting on the green graveyard, Schotty was always your scape goat.

I been told you Sanchez is over-rated trash and you`d argue with me all day about it instead of just admitting I was right about #6.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I`m not saying you don't critcize Sanchez, I just noticed through the years of posting on the green graveyard, Schotty was always your scape goat.

"scapegoat"

You've already SLANTED who I am.

Scapegoat?

Why is it that you NEVER bring up the PRE-SANCHEZ years when I criticized Schotty?

I'm waiting for your response, but let me guess...you didnt notice those years of watching me.

I been told you Sanchez is over-rated trash and you`d argue with me all day about it instead of just admitting I was right about #6.
23995376.jpg

I still want to know exactly WHAT I argued about Sanchez.

I'm in a thread saying don't give him credit for taking us to the AFC championship and you're now going to say I overrated him now? :wtf:

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Landry passed physical/conditioning test, cleared for practice. :ohmy:

Revis in the building.

Sanchez/Tebow/Rex gonna talk to media 3 pm.