Realistically Mike Tyson belongs no where near the top 5

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
First of all I never brought up Lebron or the NBA, @Coronavirus did I just answered him since you act like a woman putting words in my mouth, and I never even said anything bad about any of they families I can just tell who actually had strong male role models in they life which you clearly don't. You talk a lot of shyt from a safe place behind your keyboard, I still box bruh I don't do talking whenever you want to put an address on that shyt you can get yo issue.
Blah blah blah

go call your mom and tell her you love her, idgaf

fukk dallas. fukk texas.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Bringing it back, what people miss when it comes to Tyson is the fact that Cus neurologically, psychologically and physically broke him down back into his components and then put it all together again with one intent:

To become the youngest heavyweight champion ever.

In the process of doing that he poured his entire lifetime of boxing experience into Tysons genetically gifted form and gave him purpose which he took and ran with (whilst Cus was alive and for a short while after at least) because its Mikes dedication, training and drills that paid off in the ring. No other boxer/trainer has ever gone this far into the realms of the mind/spirit before and likely never will.

Thats is whats so special about Tyson because it was literally a once in multiple lifetimes alignment of the old lion putting the young cub with big paws up on game and it was truly something else to witness.

This is why I'd rate him far ahead of his peers because he, moreso than any of them, comprehended the psychological aspects with far greater depth due to his training and dedication. Cus has an old black and white interview from ages ago where he describes the ideal fighter and says:

"A smaller fighter with character and no fear will decimate the entire field"

And later he found Tyson who was just that. Another thing, the wise philosopher sage that you're seeing Tyson mature into now:

Thats all Cus.

He literally cleared the space, the same space thats full of crap in 99.9% of people walking the planet which is why they talk about doing something but never actually do it, so what was already present could flow and we saw Mike early on in his zone, get sidetracked and now he's coming up on a whole nother level of mastery and that is what, in my eyes at least, makes him so special because Mike isn't just the product of one life but two and that places him in a league far beyond the label of mere pugilist.

Its this side. Everything else but the fight, the time in the ring, the knockouts, success. This is what defines character, this is what gives inspiration and this is what creates a legend.

Give the man his flowers while he can still smell em because he earned them.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See this is how I know you don't know shyt about boxing, most of you nikkas in here talking don't y'all aint ever stepped foot into the ring section on here.

Holyfield is the only man who was an undisputed champ in TWO WEIGHT CLASSES. Holyfields resume at Cruiserweight alone is superior to Mike's entire run as a HW, not even taking into account his HW career, where he is still the only man to beat Riddikk Bowe. Also I don't want to hear shyt about Mike Tyson post prison when the two fights Tyson had before he got molly whopped by Holyfield was against Frank Bruno and Bruce Seldon, both had belts at the time bruh. Tyson had 4 fights post prison before he fought Holyfield, Mike just got that ass beat bro it's that simple.

Lennox Lewis lost to two journeyman, ok and he came back and beat them as well in rematches, something Tyson never did for the people who beat him, and he beat every other top level fighter he ever fought, something Tyson couldn't do, and I aint even A Lennox Lewis fan like that but y'all nikkas tripping. Mufukkas make excuses for Tyson like an abused woman in denial does for her husband, Tyson flat out wasn't as good as the media hyped him up to be, he was good, but he wasn't GREAT. It is what it is.

and Holyfield was the underdog to Tyson