Realistically Mike Tyson belongs no where near the top 5

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
and that whats funny because nobody was calling Tyson washed up in 96:mjlol:

everybody and they mama was picking Tyson over Holyfield in 96

Funny thing is Holyfield was considered 'washed' after his wars with Riddikk Bowe. :lolbron:

Say what you want about fight 2(it was kind of a dirty fight), but Holyfield vs Tyson 1, Holyfield put on a masterclass on that man. I remember watching the fight between Holyfield and De Leon and Tyson was in the crowd talking big shyt about Holyfield, saying he aint ever fought nobody on De Leon level and he wasn't impressed when Holyfield was putting hands on that man the whole damn fight. Tyson thought shyt was sweet, until he got in there with a real battle tested warrior like Holyfield and got his ass smashed.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Holyfield biggest win was against a post jail Tyson

nikka lost all 3 bowe fights and both Lennox fights

He was good but mike dominance was longer than Evander

Lennox beat a done Tyson nd got knocked out by 2 journey man

Tyson loses came when he was old or done really

Holyfield is older than Mike. And "post jail" is Tyson's problem.

Holyfield fought em all. Tyson didn't even fight Bowe. Ever. Tyson wasn't old and hadn't been to prison when Douglas knocked him out. Mike's
"dominance" came against the second tier of HW of that era - the Frank Bruno's, Razor Ruddock's, - and the bottom of the division like peter mcneely and dudes like that. Whenever he fought anyone at the top of the class - Holyfield, Lewis - Tyson lost.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is Holyfield was considered 'washed' after his wars with Riddikk Bowe. :lolbron:

Say what you want about fight 2(it was kind of a dirty fight), but Holyfield vs Tyson 1, Holyfield put on a masterclass on that man. I remember watching the fight between Holyfield and De Leon and Tyson was in the crowd talking big shyt about Holyfield, saying he aint ever fought nobody on De Leon level and he wasn't impressed when Holyfield was putting hands on that man the whole damn fight. Tyson thought shyt was sweet, until he got in there with a real battle tested warrior like Holyfield and got his ass smashed.

lotta money was made too. holyfield was 25-1 underdog.

The Mighty South wins again. :wow:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Tyson stopped training after Cus died

And it took YEARS for it to show up, but eventually he wasn't top notch anymore

Cause he didn't train

But you must have only heard about Mike Tyson. No one who saw that niqqa fight during his prime could ever fix their fingers to type no shyt like the OP

Boxing matches REGULARLY ended before you could go to the hot dog stand and come back to your seat

People used to be so mad they pay for PPV and that shyt be over in minutes

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Bringing it back, what people miss when it comes to Tyson is the fact that Cus neurologically, psychologically and physically broke him down back into his components and then put it all together again with one intent:

To become the youngest heavyweight champion ever.

In the process of doing that he poured his entire lifetime of boxing experience into Tysons genetically gifted form and gave him purpose which he took and ran with (whilst Cus was alive and for a short while after at least) because its Mikes dedication, training and drills that paid off in the ring. No other boxer/trainer has ever gone this far into the realms of the mind/spirit before and likely never will.

Thats is whats so special about Tyson because it was literally a once in multiple lifetimes alignment of the old lion putting the young cub with big paws up on game and it was truly something else to witness.

This is why I'd rate him far ahead of his peers because he, moreso than any of them, comprehended the psychological aspects with far greater depth due to his training and dedication. Cus has an old black and white interview from ages ago where he describes the ideal fighter and says:

"A smaller fighter with character and no fear will decimate the entire field"

And later he found Tyson who was just that. Another thing, the wise philosopher sage that you're seeing Tyson mature into now:

Thats all Cus.

He literally cleared the space, the same space thats full of crap in 99.9% of people walking the planet which is why they talk about doing something but never actually do it, so what was already present could flow and we saw Mike early on in his zone, get sidetracked and now he's coming up on a whole nother level of mastery and that is what, in my eyes at least, makes him so special because Mike isn't just the product of one life but two and that places him in a league far beyond the label of mere pugilist.

Its this side. Everything else but the fight, the time in the ring, the knockouts, success. This is what defines character, this is what gives inspiration and this is what creates a legend.

Give the man his flowers while he can still smell em because he earned them.

This is why I always say, I can't imagine anyone beating Mike Tyson in his physical prime with Cus alive

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Tyson stopped training after Cus died

And it took YEARS for it to show up, but eventually he wasn't top notch anymore

Cause he didn't train

But you must have only heard about Mike Tyson. No one who saw that niqqa fight during his prime could ever fix their fingers to type no shyt like the OP

Boxing matches REGULARLY ended before you could go to the hot dog stand and come back to your seat

People used to be so mad they pay for PPV and that shyt be over in minutes
Your last sentence reminded me of when I paid to see Tyson vs Spinks on close circuit tv. I never been in a packed arena where we all felt like a fool at the same time, including two of my buddies who were with me. At least we had time to get our seats. I can only imagine how the people felt who paid to see it live in Atlantic City.