Real talk...most of Raw in 1999 was fukking GARBAGE

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
russo's storylines are out there and they did the wwe a good amount of business but i hated the fact he was pushed the entertainment factor more than the in ring aspect of pro wrestling

But this is why I find it so laughable how people look back on that time and be like "this is when wrestling was WRESTLING, fukk this new shyt"... cause outside of certain matches, the things most remembered from the AE was the segments and skits. More people remember Stone Cold torturing Vince every week than the actual Stone Cold/Vince match... more people remember Rock/Mankind 'This Is Your Life' than any Rock N Sock Connection match... the stuff that really sticks with us about that era is the storylines and the characters than actual in-ring matches. And there were some very good ones, so it wasn't terrible in the ring either, but it proves that many casual fans don't even watch wrestling for the wrestling. If Vince decided tomorrow to bring that shyt back to some 1974-type wrestling-first shyt, everybody laughin' about these 2.9s every week would really have somethin' to laugh about then. :mindblown:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
How crazy is it that Test/Shane @ Summerslam probably ended being a Top 5 (may even Top 3) MOTY candidate. :wow:

There really wasn't a lot of memorable matches that year. The only ones that I can remember off the top of my head:

The whole Mankind/Rock saga.
Stone Cold/Rock/Vince vs. Taker/HHH/Shane
Test vs. Shane
I'm drawing a blank. I can't remember any other match from that year that was worth a damn.

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
How crazy is it that Test/Shane @ Summerslam probably ended being a Top 5 (may even Top 3) MOTY candidate. :wow:

There really wasn't a lot of memorable matches that year. The only ones that I can remember off the top of my head:

The whole Mankind/Rock saga.
Stone Cold/Rock/Vince vs. Taker/HHH/Shane
Test vs. Shane
I'm drawing a blank. I can't remember any other match from that year that was worth a damn.

Yeah, the only other good ones I can remember off the top are..

Rock vs. Austin- Backlash
and
Edge & Chrisitan vs. Hardy Boyz Ladder Match- No Mercy

'99 wasn't a great year as far as match quality goes.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Yeah, the only other good ones I can remember off the top are..

Rock vs. Austin- Backlash
and
Edge & Chrisitan vs. Hardy Boyz Ladder Match- No Mercy

'99 wasn't a great year as far as match quality goes.

Wcw had some good matches though I remember ****** having some dope US title and World title matches when they were pushing him. But even when Russo got their in late 99 he took away the one thing wcw had over wwf at that point...the in ring product

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Truth, remember the whole Chyna being #1 contender to the title shyt? Russo at its worst, luckily WCW was in free fall mode and Russo left

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Like a lot of the stuff that happened in the late 90's, we loved it because we had never really seen it before

Looking back a lot of the music wasn't really that good, a lot of the movies weren't really that good, and a lot of the shock TV we were seeing was horrible. But because standards had relaxed so much we ate it up cause it was new

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
saw that "dont kayfabe me, shoot at me" segment for the first time recently. shyt was hilarious. i always hated D Lo Brown but saw a few matches to make me rethink my opinion on him.