Real Talk if you refer to Jay-Z as HOV or HOVA that's wild head

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:lupe:

So the East Coast nikkaz call eachother "GOD" & "KING" all day but it's wrong when a fan call Jay Z "Hov"?

MASTER P...
KING TEE...
LORDS OF THE UNDERGROUND...
LORD FINESSE...

Lord Tariq...

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
King, Master, Lord... all of these are just honorifics. Sure at least one of them has a religious connotation to it, but all are different than naming yourself Jehovah, which is a proper noun.

People trying to argue that they're all the same are overlooking this huge difference. @Zero @Flav

If your a religious nut you got no business listening to "DEVIL" music anyway. Go listen to some Walmart albums and shut the fukk up.

tumblr_ml3uzvwTok1s5t1d0o1_250.gif

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Do more research on the name Jehovah...a Hebrew name taught to you by who?...:sas2:

"Now let’s look back at our three names of God.
The term Elohim has always meant “God,” but is not germane to our discussion of your question.
The issue of Jehovah is derived from the other two primary names of God.
The term Yahweh is always translated by the word “Lord.” But we must understand that every time a Rabbi or any Jew was reading any portion of the Old Testament and came upon this written word “YHWH”, he orally said “Adonai,” not “Yahweh.” The reason for this is that the Jews considered the written term YHWH so sacred that it should never be spoken or expressed with the lips.

Now, where does “Jehovah” come from? Well, what were the Massoretes to do when they were adding their vowel-system to the written Hebrew text and they came upon the word, “YHWH?” Since no Jew had ever heard or known the true pronunciation of this most sacred of names for the Hebrew God, they put there the identical vowel-pointings which are rendered for Adonai!
In reality, the Jews were just doing what they had always done: they spoke “Adonai” every time they read “YHWH” in the text.
The vowel sounds in Adonai are “OH” and “AH.” Thus, “Yahweh” becomes “YHO VAH” (rendered in English as “Jehovah”).
Most scholars have concluded that the term “YHWH” is actually based upon the “to be” verb in Hebrew, “HYH” (HAYAH).
The future tense of this verb is YHWH (Yahweh). They refer back to the passage in Exodus where God is actually asked His name. Moses says, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I shall say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now, they may say to me, ‘What is His Name?’ What shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM;” and He said, “Thus you shall say to the Sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.'”
I hope this answers your question. You can see from this explanation that the issue was not that someone translated it wrong. It was done with reverent intention. I hope this answers your question adequately."
Jimmy Williams, Founder
Probe Ministries

https://www.probe.org/if-jehovah-isnt-the-real-name-of-god-what-is/

We God nikka!!!...

Nas-I_Am_-Frontal.jpg

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Dip

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
nikkas calling drake champagne Papi :mjlol:

"No lie"...before I checked the coli and saw this thread...was just thinkin' how Jay call his himself Hov..."Champagne Hov"...and then this nikka call himself
"Champagne Papi" :heh:

...yes I'm psychic....:yeshrug:

...and yes this post will be bumped when I blow...:manny:

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
If your a religious nut you got no business listening to "DEVIL" music anyway. Go listen to some Walmart albums and shut the fukk up.

tumblr_ml3uzvwTok1s5t1d0o1_250.gif

Looks like I must have hurt someone's feelings. You're obviously stupid as fukk though so I'll try and be simple so you can understand: there's nothing crazy about calling out an artist for claiming to equate himself with God. The post you quoted was me trying to explain why your comparison was invalid.

If anything, your overly emotional post suggest you're the nut. :umad:

Get the fukk out of here. :camby:

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
If you didn't want me to respond you shouldn't have tagged me in your stupid ass post

I don't give a damn if you like it not. I will call Jay Z ...HOVA GOD ALMIGHTY KING OF ALL KINGS THE ONLY AND ONLY LORD OBAMA JESUS RAP CHRIST...if I want to.

:yeshrug:

All praises to MC ALLAH CARTER for blessing us with Tidal

:blessed:

:pacspit:

fukk outta here tripping over a damn rap name

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
:yeshrug:
And people call Freddie King, Albert King and B.B. King the Three Kings.
Do they also get some sorta imaginary bullshyt penalty for referring to another man as "king" ?

:snoop:

what's a king to a god?