Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7*. Pretty Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I still can't pick between her and Shirley Bassey.

Diamonds Are Forever :wow:

I would give Shirley an 7 or 8. Not touching Aretha vocally. Shirley's voice was so powerful but that was about the only thing that stood out. She has a tone very similar to Eartha Kitt. Couldn't listen to her all day. You gotta be in the mood for Shirley.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
You gotta do her arch rival dione warrick after this

According to people close to the matter, Franklin decided to let Warwick know just who was the alpha queen by covering Warwick’s 1967 hit “I Say a Little Prayer.” For an extra little dig, her backup singers included Cissy Houston, Warwick’s own aunt. The rollickingly soulful revamp, released a year after Warwick’s feathery take, became a top-10 smash on the pop and R&B charts.

Adding insult to injury, Bacharach — who had written “I Say a Little Prayer” expressly for Warwick — publicly said that Franklin’s version was “Much better than the cut I did with Dionne.”

Never quite understood this feud

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Never quite understood this feud

It's because dione was considered better looking and she had more mass appeal (white people) for example, do you know the way to San Jose was cute song but was a smash hit, but was she really blowing on that song? No. Aretha couldn't sing like that and still sell.

Dionne was accused of not singing with enough soul, the standard that Aretha set, but she didn't have too to sell, and it pissed Aretha off because she knew it too.

Dione could blow she had plenty records where she was blowing But alot her hits didnt require that effort

Last edited:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Gave her a 9..:francis:

Her gospel is untouchable..

But when i weigh her and Houston..:manny:

Whitney has a very slight edge because her voice was more athletic than Aretha..

Tough call for me..

No it wasn't

Whitney is Kobe
Aretha is MJ

The copy can never be better than the original:ufdup: