• 7*. Pretty Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Diamonds Are Forever :wow:

I would give Shirley an 7 or 8. Not touching Aretha vocally. Shirley's voice was so powerful but that was about the only thing that stood out. She has a tone very similar to Eartha Kitt. Couldn't listen to her all day. You gotta be in the mood for Shirley.

Yeah, it's probably subjective. From a technical standpoint I'd give Mahalia Jackson the edge on gospel. Franklin is just too good in multiple genres to be denied a spot above her.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I hope that I don't get cooked for this. But if nothing - I am truthful. I have never listened to Aretha Franklin. :skip:
I know who she is, I know singers have sang cover versions of her songs, buttttt.. the only song that I heard her sing directly is "Respect".
edit- I'm going to just go ahead and get this out the way- ":mjpls:and :patrice:" sigghhhhh.

Listen to her song "Angel".

Please, just as a favor to me and let me know what you think. Probably my favorite she's made.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I hope that I don't get cooked for this. But if nothing - I am truthful. I have never listened to Aretha Franklin. :skip:
I know who she is, I know singers have sang cover versions of her songs, buttttt.. the only song that I heard her sing directly is "Respect".
edit- I'm going to just go ahead and get this out the way- ":mjpls:and :patrice:" sigghhhhh.
How is this even possible? Are you under the age of 30? If so, I’ll give you a SLIGHT pass...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
9/10.
I'd rate both Shirley Bassey and Gladys Knight as 10's.

EDIT: note to self... and Angie Stone

Last edited: