• 7*. Pretty Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Ain't no waaaaaaaay :singin:. I'll give her a 10 though
That's my favorite song from her. Shyt is so soulful and emotional. Her sister wrote that song for her. I watched a documentary of them in the studio putting it together. Aretha was trying to learn it on the piano while her sister was singing to her how it went. Aretha said after recording it, she wasn't happy with how it turned out. I was like :dahell: That song was a masterpiece and her vocals were a 15/10 on that shyt and she still felt it wasn't her best. GOAT shyt:ohlawd::damn:

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
giphy.gif

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I hope that I don't get cooked for this. But if nothing - I am truthful. I have never listened to Aretha Franklin. :skip:
I know who she is, I know singers have sang cover versions of her songs, buttttt.. the only song that I heard her sing directly is "Respect".
edit- I'm going to just go ahead and get this out the way- ":mjpls:and :patrice:" sigghhhhh.
:mjzooted:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
That's my favorite song from her. Shyt is so soulful and emotional. Her sister wrote that song for her. I watched a documentary of them in the studio putting it together. Aretha was trying to learn it on the piano while her sister was singing to her how it went. Aretha said after recording it, she wasn't happy with how it turned out. I was like :dahell: That song was a masterpiece and her vocals were a 15/10 on that shyt and she still felt it wasn't her best. GOAT shyt:ohlawd::damn:
She's the Queen for a reason :wow:. Whitney, Chaka and Natalie Cole are all her children vocally. You can hear the Aretha influences in their vocals.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
True, but sometimes our parents turn us on to stuff we like. Jackson 5 was before my time too, didn't stop me as a kid from being like
8ChmkweR_400x400.jpg

whennnnn iiiiiiii
giphy.gif
:dead::dead:I hear you... lol.
My mother was a professional dancer for Alvin Ailey and my grandmother was a dancer at The Cotton Club, so there's that :umad:. I know about classical music, big band and jazz that you may not know about..
:manny: