Rate: San Diego

• Total voters

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I've only met a handful of black women from SD:

•there's the hood rat gangbanging chick (had a homegirl from 40s)...

•there's the nerdy chick that doesn't really associate with blacks and dates out...

•there's the afrocentric chick that seems like she from somewhere else, she too pro-black to be from Daygo...

Much more black diversity and diverse sisters in Los Angeles, but to be fair, I've only met less than 10 black women from Daygo my whole life, so I have a short sample size. But hands down the black women in LA are greater; LA sisters are better than damn near anywhere...

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Even though it's mostly white/Latino/Filipino a lot of the women have natural phat asses. I'm surprised :whoo:

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@Dave7 @96Blue @zayk35

Me and my brother gonna be in SD late July for 3-4 days. I'm a simple brother, I ain't in to alot of the typical shyt, but where's the flyest beach to see most of us black folk at? And as far as nightlife goes I'm really only in to nice places to eat, I like lounges too every once in awhile, so I'll also take advice on the best spots to see where we ain't gone be the only black men around...

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
@Dave7 @96Blue @zayk35

Me and my brother gonna be in SD late July for 3-4 days. I'm a simple brother, I ain't in to alot of the typical shyt, but where's the flyest beach to see most of us black folk at? And as far as nightlife goes I'm really only in to nice places to eat, I like lounges too every once in awhile, so I'll also take advice on the best spots to see where we ain't gone be the only black men around...

There's really no place where you will see a lot of black people at the beach, or hardly anywhere else, San Diego is lacking in diversity in a fairly extreme way, but let me give you what I can. Mission Beach/Pacific Beach will probably have the most black people, but Coronado and La Jolla, Del Mar, have nicer beaches with less people. The former are heavy heavy tourist places, and pretty packed, lot of gangsters, lot of white guys from East County, frat guys, college girls, tourists, the other ones are a little more refined. The most action will be in PB and MB, open air drug markets, sleazy bars, lots of women, lots of hustlers, that kind of scene.

Southeast San Diego is the cities traditional black neighborhood, and there's a list going around of black owned spots to check there, soul food, jamacian food, but not a lot else, besides churches, community centers, residential neighborhoods.

I'm going to give you the best spots to eat in the city, don't know price point, will include some reference to that, and who knows what will be open:

Michelin star, $600/2 minimum place is Addison, at the Fairmont. If you want the luxe feel, without that price, there's another spot in same hotel country club, Amaya.

Little Italy: (the neighborhood) This is a must in San Diego, Herb & Wood, Juniper & Ivy, King & Queen (another place with a lot of action, but the food is not good) Food Hall palazzo, (go here)

Gaslamp: only spot worth going to is LionFish at the Pendry Hotel, $100/150/2 approx

Street food: mariscos/taco trucks! Hit me when you are here and I'll give info, Cuatros Milpas in Barrio Logan,

Last edited:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
@Dave7 @96Blue @zayk35

It's slim pickings out here as far Black ppl....black ppl are scattered out here, so scattered that I can frequently be the only black person in a lot of places. But as far as I know the women out here fuk with brothers big time. And don't sleep on our southeast Asian community. You're gonna be shocked to see actual Asian girls with nice round shapely asses.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
There's really no place where you will see a lot of black people at the beach, or hardly anywhere else, San Diego is lacking in diversity in a fairly extreme way, but let me give you what I can. Mission Beach/Pacific Beach will probably have the most black people, but Coronado and La Jolla, Del Mar, have nicer beaches with less people. The former are heavy heavy tourist places, and pretty packed, lot of gangsters, lot of white guys from East County, frat guys, college girls, tourists, the other ones are a little more refined. The most action will be in PB and MB, open air drug markets, sleazy bars, lots of women, lots of hustlers, that kind of scene.

Southeast San Diego is the cities traditional black neighborhood, and there's a list going around of black owned spots to check there, soul food, jamacian food, but not a lot else, besides churches, community centers, residential neighborhoods.

I'm going to give you the best spots to eat in the city, don't know price point, will include some reference to that, and who knows what will be open:

Michelin star, $600/2 minimum place is Addison, at the Fairmont. If you want the luxe feel, without that price, there's another spot in same hotel country club, Amaya.

Little Italy: This is a must in San Diego, Herb & Wood, Juniper & Ivy, King & Queen (another place with a lot of action, but the food is not good) Food Hall palazzo, (go here)

Gaslamp: only spot worth going to is LionFish at the Pendry Hotel, $100/150/2 approx

Street food: mariscos/taco trucks! Hit me when you are here and I'll give info, Cuatros Milpas in Barrio Logan,

Good looking out g, I always forget you from Daygo when we talk, I woulda tagged you. Appreciate the links!

I'm gonna look into the hotels, he dragging his ass and the price isn't a huge priority since we only gonna be a few days, we'll be good...

It's slim pickings out here as far Black ppl....black ppl are scattered out here, so scattered that I can frequently be the only black person in a lot of places. But as far as I know the women out here fuk with brothers big time. And don't sleep on our southeast Asian community. You're gonna be shocked to see actual Asian girls with nice round shapely asses.

Appreciate the info bro, yeah that's something I worried about being the only black men somewhere. We from Sacramento so we used to bad Asians lol. Neither one of us been to SD before, I'm in NC and he in GA now and it's been two years since I been back home in general, for him I think he hasn't been back to California in more like 5 years. We gonna have a good time so if we at some ill spots and it ain't many black folk, we'll just deal with it...

Dave7

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Self Divine, Equality Knowledge Born
@Dave7 @96Blue @zayk35

The other guys covered pretty much everything, black people are pretty scattered out here, I grew up in the southeast side but now I live in North Park, there’s some black people around, but honestly it’s a pretty mixed neighborhood. There’s a lot of food, small bars, and clubs in the area but most have been closed due to corona virus. They’ve slowly been opening up though, by the time you come out this way Im sure more stuff will open, they already gave us the go for bars to open up next week.

I also like Barrio Logan, it’s more a good place for food and drinks, art galleries and small shops, just has a chill vibe.

I honestly don’t think you guys will have any problems out here, it’s pretty diverse so people are used to seeing alot of different people in one place. And nowadays, there are not too many native San Diegans around anymore, your more likely to run into someone who moved here from somewhere else so that makes it even more diverse honestly. I think you guys will have a good time out here, especially coming out during the summer.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Have any of you brothers been to Virginia Beach, and if so, how would you compare the two? I lived in VB for a few years before moving last year, and loved it. There is a pretty consistent flow between SD and VB because of the Navy, I met several people like that and there was a common perception that VB reminds of SD to a degree, like its SD's East Coast doppelganger or something. Have any of you been or heard that?

I can tell you right now , I love the shyt outta VB and if SD has some of the same things that make VB great, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The other guys covered pretty much everything, black people are pretty scattered out here, I grew up in the southeast side but now I live in North Park, there’s some black people around, but honestly it’s a pretty mixed neighborhood. There’s a lot of food, small bars, and clubs in the area but most have been closed due to corona virus. They’ve slowly been opening up though, by the time you come out this way Im sure more stuff will open, they already gave us the go for bars to open up next week.

I also like Barrio Logan, it’s more a good place for food and drinks, art galleries and small shops, just has a chill vibe.

I honestly don’t think you guys will have any problems out here, it’s pretty diverse so people are used to seeing alot of different people in one place. And nowadays, there are not too many native San Diegans around anymore, your more likely to run into someone who moved here from somewhere else so that makes it even more diverse honestly. I think you guys will have a good time out here, especially coming out during the summer.

Barrio Logan is gonna be a must see, I am into art galleries...

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Like another poster said, Mission and Pacific Beaches are your best bets. Black people are surprisingly less segregated in SD compared to other cities in California and the rest of the country. We're pretty well-distributed throughout the Greater San Diego Area. If you are into dummy thick Latinas/Asians, SD is also the place to be:myman: