Rate This City: Day 1 - Miami

Rate: Miami

• Total voters

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
The Bottom, as my dade county nikkas say

I first fell in love with miami when Cameron Giles and Wayne had houses down there
Went back twice for back to back years and it was GOAT to me, but I was also new to traveling
Thinking about moving down there as well
The whore culture that south florida and florida in general have >
The diversity >
The weather >

Only drawbacks are the COL, corruption, greed of politicians, real estate investors only building luxery housing here, lack of political oversight when it comes to inequality in wealth and housing, the fact the state is republican and that it has a shytty environmental record make me reconsider but I will always love the vibe of the area (9/10)

The reason I think it's so low on here is because latinos (thecoli's #1 punching bag) have a large demographic in the city and control a lot of shyt, while it can be problematic similar to whites, doesn't mean every latino is a racist.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
Lets just say this too, if i was making what I make now but living in Miami, as a single breh, i would be having the time of my life.

Only issue i ever had was fake tough nikkas and a couple racist cops. But if you’re poor it will suck.

Yep. I moved here from Los Angeles making the same salary, where I already had a nice one bedroom in downtown L.A. My apartment in Miami with similar rent cost, albeit still expensive, is much nicer. COL is lower here than L.A. so I'm still saving a substantial amount. The luxury condos here also have a RIDICULOUS amount amount of amenities.

Single life here is FIRE if you have it set up right... based on my location, I NEVER have to drive anywhere since girls want to come to my neighborhood to party. I been running it up these past few months with di gyal dem:banderas:

Literally walking distance or a 10 min Uber ride from everything...:banderas:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Only drawbacks are the COL, corruption, greed of politicians, real estate investors only building luxery housing here, lack of political oversight when it comes to inequality in wealth and housing, the fact the state is republican and that it has a shytty environmental record make me reconsider but I will always love the vibe of the area (9/10)

The reason I think it's so low on here is because latinos (thecoli's #1 punching bag) have a large demographic in the city and control a lot of shyt, while it can be problematic similar to whites, doesn't mean every latino is a racist.

Just like everywhere in this country

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Just like everywhere in this country

which part are you responding to? because the 2nd part about the latinos isn't true especially in my area where they have zero footprint

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Honestly the only decent place to live is on Miami Beach. Your not surrounded by cubans and other hispanics. Housing/rent is somewhat affordable think 1 bedroom -1350 a 2 bed going for 1700. You got the beach, good food and nightlife. The nightlife is expensive though, its a club scene so its bottle poppin and sections. No bar hopping over there. Miami beach is way better than mainland Miami. Id rather live in Fort Lauderdale than mainland miami.

If your trying to raise a family though miami or miami beach is not the city for that.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Honestly the only decent place to live is on Miami Beach. Your not surrounded by cubans and other hispanics. Housing/rent is somewhat affordable think 1 bedroom -1350 a 2 bed going for 1700. You got the beach, good food and nightlife. The nightlife is expensive though, its a club scene so its bottle poppin and sections. No bar hopping over there. Miami beach is way better than mainland Miami. Id rather live in Fort Lauderdale than mainland miami.

If your trying to raise a family though miami or miami beach is not the city for that.

Shut up goofy!!

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Lets just say this too, if i was making what I make now but living in Miami, as a single breh, i would be having the time of my life.

Only issue i ever had was fake tough nikkas and a couple racist cops. But if you’re poor it will suck.
What would you say is a good yearly amount to have “the time or your life” there?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yep. I moved here from Los Angeles making the same salary, where I already had a nice one bedroom in downtown L.A. My apartment in Miami with similar rent cost, albeit still expensive, is much nicer. COL is lower here than L.A. so I'm still saving a substantial amount. The luxury condos here also have a RIDICULOUS amount amount of amenities.

Single life here is FIRE if you have it set up right... based on my location, I NEVER have to drive anywhere since girls want to come to my neighborhood to party. I been running it up these past few months with di gyal dem:banderas:

Literally walking distance or a 10 min Uber ride from everything...:banderas:
:wow:

Just like i said though, but still :wow:

If i was single making around 6 figures in miami i would be on some other shyt.