Rate This City: Day 1 - Miami

Rate: Miami

• Total voters

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Subs.

This seems like a good series.

Use to visit Miami a lot during grade school years since I got fam down there but never went back in my adult life.

But what I can say is that Miami chewed up and spit out a lot of my fam. Aunt caught a bankruptcy and moved to northern Florida, cousin went to jail I. The early 2000s and is just getting out, and another uncle just lost his Damn mind living there.

Oh, and another cousin is just got divorced a year after living there with his wife. Granted that shyt wasn't meant to last since our family was throwing hands with their family at the wedding.

I'm too biased to vote but that city has some bad energy.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
If you're young and wealthy or even touching six figures, it's one of the GOAT cities in the US. Definitely not tier 1 like LA or NYC, though.

If you're poor, it's a 0. Minimum wage is $8.00 in a place with one of the highest COL in the nation. The city is not very intellectual in the sense that you can indulge in a lot of mentally stimulating activities if you aren't well off (unlike the Bay Area or NYC). The stratification between the have and have nots is remarkable.

truth but also the inter community class-ism is very bad down here, literally it's pretty tough for a breh from a single parent or non-educated household to become something meaningful. Miami is a lower class version of LA but you have alot of people who wanna fake it till they make it down here.

Also due to the large amount of poor people in Miami it's also of folks looking for ways to come up off someone elses struggles...

What really killed miami IMO is liberalism and capitalism. The class separation is very, very, very bad.

Good city to visit but NO one who is black should really live there. As of now I'm trying to get unemployment and the max is 275 a week for the state of Florida, let that sink in and will tax deductions is 243 a week now factor in the COL and cost of housing down here.

You can see the Marlins and Heat failing to put people in stands and they say Miam isn't a sports town, reality is most people are too broke to go.

A breh trying to come up will have a very hard time mingling with folks that have it, floss city to the max.

You need to put yourselve in depth and look the part just to socialize.

I'll give it a 2 mainly for the weather.

Also keep in mind Florida was one of the few states that approved "for profit education" let that sink in also.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:gucci:
Nikkas in here get all critical but where you live at worse. The nerve of yall talking bout these so-called racist Cubans but y’all leave around cacs :dwillhuh: let me know when these Cubans shoot up schools

:umad:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Women -10

weather - 7 (hot as hell, rains like hell)

cost of living - 5

nightlife - 10

crime - 4

traffic - 5

traveling options - 7

Overall rating from my experience: 7.5 - 8

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Lets just say this too, if i was making what I make now but living in Miami, as a single breh, i would be having the time of my life.

Only issue i ever had was fake tough nikkas and a couple racist cops. But if you’re poor it will suck.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Lets just say this too, if i was making what I make now but living in Miami, as a single breh, i would be having the time of my life.

Only issue i ever had was fake tough nikkas and a couple racist cops. But if you’re poor it will suck.

:mindblown: But that’s everywhere in this country!!!!!!!!!! Stop being a faggit!!!

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:mindblown: But that’s everywhere in this country!!!!!!!!!! Stop being a faggit!!!
Did you read the post above it where i rated the fukking city a 7.5-8 nikka

or are you just being an emotional ass bytch?

i lived there for years and it’s one of my favorite cities. No shyt I could’ve said that about anywhere, im telling my fukking experience there