Rate This City: Day 1 - Miami

Rate: Miami

• Total voters

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Don't need any exact details but I'm planning a trip to MIA soon breh, if you could give me some details on which neighborhood/zip code this location is at it'd be much appreciated :feedme::mjgrin:

I would highly recommend staying somewhere on Ocean Drive in South Beach. I was at the Marriott last time and had a great time.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Went to House of Wings in Overtown tonight. The food was delicious and service prompt and friendly. Fully black owned and operated. They also seem to have a lot of pride of being a part of their community.

Even the salad was good. Three thumbs up :obama:

Y0g2vIBl.jpg

We went to Snappers in Little Haiti last night and my wife said the prawns were better at House of Wings. We thought Snappers was pretty good too though.

This is what we had from Snappers
EzyGspOl.jpg

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Only tolerable Eastcoast city besides Charlotte and maybe DC. Maybe... Even then, 5....

:yeshrug:
Judging how high some of these other cities are scoring, maybe my vote was too low.

:patrice:

Miami got gipped.

Especially considering some of the other cities got to use their whole Metro areas.

Especially considering Miami was the first city on the list and no one knew whether criteria was for living or for visiting. Maybe we need to redo these lists and make them tourist based vs living. The rankings are hella suspect...:mjpls:

I thought folks would rank other cities as honestly as they ranked Miami.

:mjpls:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Judging how high some of these other cities are scoring, maybe my vote was too low.

Miami got gipped.

Especially considering some of the other cities got to use their whole Metro areas.

Especially considering Miami was the first city on the list and no one knew whether criteria was for living or for visiting. Maybe we need to redo these lists and make them tourist based vs living. The rankings are hella suspect...:mjpls:

Nothing is suspect about the rankings at all. I know many people outside of this forum who don’t like Miami. I’ve been there plenty of times myself and it was really nothing special.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Nothing is suspect about the rankings at all. I know many people outside of this forum who don’t like Miami. I’ve been there plenty of times myself and it was really nothing special.
It's overrated, but this forum has a bias. I've been to enough cities on that list to know that folks are judging oddly and by very strict parameters that don't even delve into what each city offers. And those parameters change city to city. It's all perception based. City A gets all it's suburbs included, while City B is judged only by the 40 odd square miles of its city limits. City A only has X amount of black ppl and still lives off the reputation of how black it used to be, yet City B isn't "black enough" and has too many "others". I'm just going by demographics and how ppl perceive which demographics dominate which cities vs the actual racial breakdown of the cities they think they know. These reasonings are looking more and more suspect. Especially when you know how the majority of the coli votes and where they're from....:sas1:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
As visitors, me and my wife love Miami. Vibrant colors, beautiful architecture. Dope mansions and yachts as you enter South beach with its warm, clear water and stunning collection of all manors of women. Wynwood is dope, freeways are well paved, downtown is clean. It’s what a city should look like when major dollars are being poured into it unlike the SF bay area, which is where we’re from. When I was talking to a breh at House of Wings, he was telling me that he’d lived in DC, and spent some time in LA. He was thinking about moving to LA, but wasn’t sure because he had so much love for Miami and his community in Overtown. I’m sure the grass is greener for a lot of people there too, but from first hand words of a well travelled resident, it didn’t sound like the shythole that the coli is making it out to be.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Miami got gipped.

i believe so as well.

no way some of those cities are better than Miami... but you know, biasness and all.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Thing about Miami is that it's a cool place and all no doubt but it's got too many issues and a high cost of living. You can't compare it to the bigger cities cuz they have more to offer. Miami has the beach and nightlife which gets tiring after a while. But compared to some of the other cities, it's nothing special. And that's not just Miami but all of South Florida.

Went to House of Wings in Overtown tonight. The food was delicious and service prompt and friendly. Fully black owned and operated. They also seem to have a lot of pride of being a part of their community.

Even the salad was good. Three thumbs up :obama:

Y0g2vIBl.jpg

We went to Snappers in Little Haiti last night and my wife said the prawns were better at House of Wings. We thought Snappers was pretty good too though.

This is what we had from Snappers
EzyGspOl.jpg
I been to the snappers in Miami Gardens and they were good. Decent spot. I think Trick Daddy was opening up a restaurant in that area but don't know if it did yet. Haven't been to house of wings or heard of it. Might have to look it up.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
It's overrated, but this forum has a bias. I've been to enough cities on that list to know that folks are judging oddly and by very strict parameters that don't even delve into what each city offers. And those parameters change city to city. It's all perception based. City A gets all it's suburbs included, while City B is judged only by the 40 odd square miles of its city limits. City A only has X amount of black ppl and still lives off the reputation of how black it used to be, yet City B isn't "black enough" and has too many "others". I'm just going by demographics and how ppl perceive which demographics dominate which cities vs the actual racial breakdown of the cities they think they know. These reasonings are looking more and more suspect. Especially when you know how the majority of the coli votes and where they're from....:sas1:

this is a problem I have with NYC. People describe it the way you’d describe Manhattan even though manhattan is a tiny island.

meanwhile Atlanta gets burbs way outside the city spoken about.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Thing about Miami is that it's a cool place and all no doubt but it's got too many issues and a high cost of living. You can't compare it to the bigger cities cuz they have more to offer. Miami has the beach and nightlife which gets tiring after a while. But compared to some of the other cities, it's nothing special. And that's not just Miami but all of South Florida.

I been to the snappers in Miami Gardens and they were good. Decent spot. I think Trick Daddy was opening up a restaurant in that area but don't know if it did yet. Haven't been to house of wings or heard of it. Might have to look it up.
NYC, LA, Chicago, DC, Houston, The Bay, Dallas and maybe ATL. <-----These cities should be ranked ahead of Miami. Other cities on that list that are ranked ahead of Miami....:winslow:

Ionno....:patrice:

The others either lag behind Miami in one aspect or are slightly better by the tiniest of margins than in another aspect. But again, there's no indepth analysis on demographics, city vs metro comparisons, etc. And many of the one's ranked ahead of Miami have the same socioeconomic issues..they just have history on their side. A history that ppl are actually familiar with. Ppl go to SoBe and look for hoes, or they see homeless on biscayne and think thats all Miami is.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
NYC, LA, Chicago, DC, Houston, The Bay, Dallas and maybe ATL. <-----These cities should be ranked ahead of Miami. Other cities on that list that are ranked ahead of Miami....:winslow:

The others either lag behind Miami in one aspect or are slightly better by the tiniest of margins than in another aspect. But again, there's no indepth analysis on demographics, city vs metro comparisons, etc. And many of the one's ranked ahead of Miami have the same socioeconomic issues..they just have history on their side. A history that ppl are actually familiar with. Ppl go to SoBe and look for hoes, or they see homeless on biscayne and think thats all Miami is.

facts. I honestly hate south beach.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Yeah I don't know how Detroit got higher. Charlotte kind of high too but I don't know much about the city. Toronto is a world class city so not surprised at it's ranking. Vegas is kind of like Miami, big party and tourist city but cheaper so I see why they were about evenly ranked.