Rate this anime day 7 : Cowboy Bebop

Rank Cowboy Bebop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balla

Superstar
Daps
What other anime is as beloved around the world like dragon ball?

Dragonball transcends anime, it's one of the best cartoons ever.

That’s what I’m saying that shyt is one of the best shows of all time, and definitely one of the best franchises of all time.

That shyt gets love from errone.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
:heh: I swear on everything I thought DBZ was going to win this but once Hunter X Hunter blew the doors off all bets were off.

That’s what I’m saying, wtf!!

I can’t believe it.

U rank Z as number 1?

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Why is it that way for all anime’s though? It seems that everyone says the manga is better than the anime.

You know why that is?
Think about it, I'm sure you've heard something like, "I liked the movie but the book was better". Same scenario here with anime.

Anime tends to have filler or things get left out of the anime that was originally in the manga (you can only fit so much story in 23 mins).

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The 2003 FullMetal Alchemist anime was starting to get ahead of the manga so they created a whole different second half of the storyline instead. They didn't want to bog the series down with tons of filler episodes.
Brotherhood was made to follow the entire storyline of the manga (which had ended by that point).
So they just shamelessly rebooted the whole shyt?

I guess they got it right the second time.
:francis:

The Japanese need to stop trying to make shows based off manga that haven't progressed very far. Wait till you have enough material for 20 or so episodes then take a break till you get more material to work with.

Anime filler is the worst shyt ever. I remember watching naruto with a list of all the bullshyt episodes I could skip.

Speaking of naruto, that show is the WOAT with the way they handled the filler. Like right in the middle of an important battle, they'll just go off on a 6 episode run about some irrelevant, completely unrelated storyline that takes place 20 years in the past.

shyts awful
:hhh:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I'll defend the original FMA from being bad. The twist of homunculi being created after failed transmutation attempts led to some of the grimiest scenes you'll ever see in shounen. The only way to kill them was to dig up the remains of their bodies, so imagine what that means Ed and Al have to do to beat a particular homunculi. Wasn't as comprehensive as Brotherhood but still hits hard.

Why is the manga of anything better to everyone ?

It's the story as intended by the author. An anime may deviate from the source material into a worse conclusion or make some stylistic changes that don't match the tone. I've seen an anime adaptation that was so different from the manga that the author got mad and the director wound up changing mid production (His and Her Circumstances; Hideaki Anno resigned after episode 18). No different from a movie adaptation of a novel that chooses the wrong actors to represent the characters and leaves out details because of a director's preference and/or time constraints.

Manga is much less time consuming to read. One chapter takes 5-10 minutes in most cases. Anime episodes have to be 22+ minutes long and some will use that entire time to cover a single chapter intentionally stalling on scenes just to reach that time frame. This is why One Piece sucks right now.

The large majority of anime adaptations are advertisements to buy the manga, light novel. They don't add anything of note to the source material. Stuff like HxH 2011, Brotherhood, JoJo are the exception to that rule.

and even if a manga adapts a part of an anime perfectly, i.e Berserk (1999) and Hajime no Ippo, if it doesn't cover the entire story then it's inherently the inferior product.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Gave it a 9 though on a good day it could be a 10. The music is an 11. That Yoko Kanno jazz is :oh_lawd_paris:. Some episodes were skippable, but the overall story is masterful. I believe there's an OVA that wraps the story up as well.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Hell yeah I take suggestions. I personally have 42 animes written down ( Before I started this) so I’m open. I originally had an order on the animes but so many people wanted X.Y.Z animes that my order broke. I wasn’t even going to do one piece until the 20’s but yet here it is in the top 5

:mjlol: Just for nikkas to put it last.
Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, Ghost in The Shell please