RASHIDA JONES Takes Us Back To The 90s W/ Her New Music Video

shawntitan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's up with JD's BMF hat? I know he's from ATL, was he down with them like that? Just seems out of place in such a pop video...

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Song's a bit (intentionally) typical, been there done that, but I kinda dig it. They definitely captured that 90s sound. :ehh:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: at some of you nikkas thinking she's embracing her Blackness. "Embracing" her Blackness for dollars & trying to get Jermaine Dupree consign. She's worse than Pink, & Timberlake.

I agree with he part about people saying she's embracing her Blackness with this video/music. I don't think this is an instance of her doing this for some kind of co-sign or to authenticate herself as an R&B artist though. I don't get the Pink comparison because Pink came out and was marketing as an R&B artist and made R&B songs. By the next album, she completely switched her sound and never looked back.

y que

Banned
Daps
lol i dont know what to make of this

i didn't know she was a singer or is this just a really good social media sketch?

i mostly know her from her comedic shows and i know she was down with pac when she was a teenager or something

kind of random

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ain't reading all the posts, is this serious? Or a spoof for something? I can't imagine her actually trying to do r&b and her dancing was so uninspired, count the steps in my head white girlish it's laughable. wtf...I'm lost here. I also never liked this chick, never fukked with mixed kids who so clearly never embraced their blackness

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
lol i dont know what to make of this

i didn't know she was a singer or is this just a really good social media sketch?

i mostly know her from her comedic shows and i know she was down with pac when she was a teenager or something

kind of random
her sister kidada was Pac's girl, not her

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's with all this of her embracing her Blackness? She's on record saying she's Black, white, and Jewish. That's her embracing ALL sides of her. I swear this is sounding more like some LGBT campaign begging her to come out as if anybody in the history of Black people had to come out Black. I could see if she shunned Black people or denied her Blackness, but she clearly hasn't. What's clear to me is some of you just don't like her.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The same sister that would :pacspit: for disrespecting her sister like that. Some of ya'll have issues and don't even realize how backwards some of these comments are. You're dissing one sister and not even realize you're dissing the other by default considering they both came from the same gene pool. It'd be like trying to holler at Kidada after you've just dissed her sister and then expect her to even acknowledge you.
Why the fukk you caping so hard, every disparaging remark you got a reply. Are you fukking her? If not, chill the fukk out.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No. I just don't stand for people using race to justify hate especially when it's not even warranted. Why don't you tell everyone that's doing that to chill out?
I understand where they're coming from, that "be black when it's convenient" shyt is wack. Kinda like Wayne Brady all up in black tv shows, black award shows, etc when his career wasn't popping yet when he was an a-lister it was :mjpls:

Last edited: