RASHIDA JONES Takes Us Back To The 90s W/ Her New Music Video

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I only cape for the truth. I don't like making assumptions about people or hate somebody simply because they aren't what I would like them to be. Furthermore, and what I really take issue with, is the whole dissing somebody and using race as a scapegoat. It's saying "I don't like her" and then disguising it with "she's not Black and she's using a video to conveniently get back in good with the Black community" on some :troll:. Especially since people went out of their way to bring it up when it's completely irrelevant.

I'm not & no one that's echoed what's been said has pulled that out of their ass. She HAS distanced herself from anything Black. That's not even disputable. Look at the roles she plays, love interests on shows & in real life, & her interviews. Her father did absolutely nothing in educating her about Black culture. That's on record along with her white family favoring her over her sister because she looks more white. She's even tried to justify her behavior by saying she wasn't accepted by Blacks & that's why she gravitated towards whites which is a cop out.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
this is connected to the show steve correl wrote a joke show making fun of cop shows ... shes dressed in charcter start video... jermaine part was wack.. its cute for what it was

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
man i always feel bad in those fios commercial cause its just her white family being mean to her about the wi-fi

can i get the password mom :to:

no :mjpls:

:deadmanny:

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
She's pandering to a Black audience like Pink did. I can't believe you don't see that. Since when has Rashida had anything to do with the Black community? Remember that interview she dd when the reporter referred to her being a little more tan & she called herself looking more "ethnic"? She has clear issues with her Blackness & this video sickens me because she done her damnedest to distance herself from anything Black.
You bringing up pink proves youre grasping for straws. Laface basically tried to make her an R&B act. She even said "there you go" wasn't true to what she wanted to be (I personally think it was better than anything she put out afterwards tho :manny:). She always wanted to be a pop singer.

Also, pink isn't biracial so I don't know why you even put her in the same convo as rashida.

Also I guess she was pandering to the Black crowd when she did chappelles show huh? Swear to gawd y'all nikkas be reaching to question someone's blackness. She's mixed!!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
When was Wayne Brady ever an A-Lister in Hollywood? A-Lister in Hollywood is like Will Smith status and he was never that.

She stands to gain a new audience in Black folks? You know how crazy that sounds. You really think people are going to watch this video and automatically warm up to her. She'd be stupid to think you could make an R&B record that sounds like that and gain a new audience within the black community. Tell me the last song you heard on an R&B station that sounded like this that actually took off. Why exactly would she choose a dated sound like that and not opt for something that actually sounds like it could be a hit?
brady was a hot name, no not a-list like will smith, but a-list like simon cowell - dude was in demand with a certain crowd for quite a few years, he entertained nothing "black" until the 2010's (outside of chappelle) when he completely fell off

as for what she stands to gain, one sounds like you don't value black folks very much, i see why you're caping for her :mjpls: but who knows what her motive is, darius rucker did the same thing years back for whatever reason

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Her voice sounds good

I'm surprised

but it sounds dated af ... in a sort of good way

I lived throughout the 90's but someone remind me of what videos are represented.
you need help with the videos hmm..you aint 90's nikka - j/p

baby baby baby - tlc
real love - mary j blige
he benz reminds me of just kickin by xscape, but i'm leaning adina howard since she had the benz in her video
still trying to figure out the yello outfits

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
you need help with the videos hmm..you aint 90's nikka - j/p

baby baby baby - tlc
real love - mary j blige
he benz reminds me of just kickin by xscape, but i'm leaning adina howard since she had the benz in her video
still trying to figure out the yello outfits
I got the Real Love and Baby Baby but was clueless about the rest.
I was thinking the yellow was Boyz II Men

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
:camby: and you're exposing yourself as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. Your words read like words from a racist CAC.

And you come across like a c00n with no sense of self worth, self respect and are extremely insecure..

That bytch looks Icelandic and emits the funk of wet Labrador :camby:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I got the Real Love and Baby Baby but was clueless about the rest.
I was thinking the yellow was Boyz II Men
that might be it, i kept thinking female artists, but the leopard couch is twisted by keith sweat right? and she also has a shout out to brandy from the "baby" video with the beanie and sunglasses, the yellow outfit part is killing me tho :sadcam:

Daps
It was cool. Surprised she can dance better than I thought. ..

Every time I look at her I wonder why she can't get a man that likes her back. ..

Seems like every guy she gets with ends up breaking up and marrying someone else. . .

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
You nikkaz are straight retards. She had more rights to Black music when she was swimming in her daddy's nuts than any of you assclowns put together.

She had sleepovers at Michael Jackson's house

culture vulture

She HAS distanced herself from anything Black.

So, being in the Black Student Association at Harvard, becoming good friends with 2pac, singing on 2pac records and being on Chappelle Show is "distancing herself from anything Black":beli:?

The heifer starred in "Death of a Dynasty" with Jay and Dame for chrissakes.:mindblown:

The broad's won NAACP awards for chrissakes

You nikkaz, man:heh: